Smokey1507 1st Soil - CFL Grow

Re: Smokey1507 1st soil,CFL grow

Yo smoke.I wish I could throw these damn crutches away...but I got another week to go.Then physiotherapy...still gonna be awhile.

How much xtra is the reflector gonna cost you?and has it got a ballast included?

Your NL should love the heat from this hps!

its going to be another £20 for the reflector .... yeah ballast inc in the £30 so £50 for all witch is not too bad just got hit with a £100 fine this morning ffs so i might have to leave the hps for a few weeks :( going to put some pic up of my nl its looking good at the moment can only afford some more cfl's so might get a 2700k for now

Just for reference, I started a plant on 12/12 when she was about 6" tall. After the stretch period, she is now 22.5" tall. Depending on strain, some of these ladies can explode once they hit flower. It's a good idea to plan for worst case scenario with regards to grow space height.

Good luck with the HPS! :popcorn:

thanks smokeymacpots for the info :) just a quick question .... when flowering is it ok to put a 6500k in with the 2700k ??? my nl is doing good after the shock of being roasted alive not expecting to get much of it in terms of quantity lol here is a pic its been on 12/12 for a week

Photo01562.jpg

please tell me what you think :)

thanks smokeymacpots for the info :) just a quick question .... when flowering is it ok to put a 6500k in with the 2700k ??? my nl is doing good after the shock of being roasted alive not expecting to get much of it in terms of quantity lol here is a pic its been on 12/12 for a week

It is absolutely OK to have a mixed spectrum of lighting in for flowering. I, myself, use my 2 foot 2 bulb T5 with 6500K bulbs along side 6 2700K CFL's. I actually prefer the mixed spectrum, as I believe it more closely replicates nature.

As far as your girl goes, she seems to have rebounded quite well!! Looks like you have some fresh green growth there, which is a very good sign. As long as she is still producing new growth then that means she is OK.

thanks smokeymacpots yeah she has got some new growth but still very empty on the side i had to cut ... i put my 125w 6500k in just to help it along ... when should i start feeding again i was using bio bizz grow and was going to use bio bizz bloom for flowering but i stoped using the grow after the accident lol

Yep, you should def put one of those 6500k together with the 2700k.Here's why:

In nature the sun naturally emits a range of colours.When the sun is out and the rays of light hit the earth's atmosphere it causes theses rays of light to 'create' colour.The human eye only sees a certain amount of these colours.Thats why the sky is blue to the human eye for instance, and when the sun sets the sky sometimes appears pink or red, cos the angle of the sun changes in position to the earth.

Of these colours, plants mostly use red and blue light for growth.

The warm white bulbs aka 2700k gives off mostly the red spectrum, thats why the lightbulb seems to give off a yellow/red colour of light.And the cool white aka 6500k gives off mostly blue light, and it seems to give off a blue-ish colour to our eyes.

Plants can use all these colours for growth, but optimally they need mostly blue light(the 6500k bulbs) during veg and red light (2700k bulbs) for flowering.You already know about the bulbs that are needed, but now you know WHY!!! ;-)

Alot of growers on these forums that have multiple cfl's use a 3/1 ratio.During veg 3 6500k bulbs + 1 2700k.And for flowering 3 2700k + 1 6500k bulbs.But that's for perfect growth!I don't think your extra bulb will hurt your plant any.It may even promote extra growth!

So yeah, put that sucker in!

[Ima pretty stoned right now, I just waked n baked a few minutes ago.So if some of the info is wrong please correct me, people me the 420]

Up in Smoke had a really good explanation as to why we should be using mixed spectrum lighting even though he was totally baked. If it's OK, I would just like to expand on his explanation. What we are trying to do is recreating natural sunlight. During the spring and summer(veg indoors), when the Earth is tilted towards the sun, we have longer days AS WELL as more of the blue spectrum light. At this time, we receive mostly blue light and a little red light. During late summer and fall (flowering indoors), the days are getting shorter (hence the 12/12 light schedule). The Earth is also tilting away from the sun and the Earth receives mostly red light and a little blue light. That's why you should do 3-6500K:1-2700K for vegging and the opposite for flowering.

thanks hemprocket its good info know about in this game... im Kinda thinking of finishing flowering the northern lights and save up some dosh for a couple of months and get a full kit for £200 ,Grow tent,600w complete setup with fan and carbon kit ... im only doing a cheap cfl / pc grow.. not expecting much in return this time.

so guys not much to report yet except that i bought a 150w hps light :) yipeeee so just have to wait 6 days for delivery... i will be putting a pic up later for you all :) :):party:

well dude no its not enclosed just have to make a reflector or buy a cheap one :)

here is a pic of the light.. it says mh ballast but i was told it was a duel ballast... hps/mh.

150wlight.jpg

got it for £30 inc delivery :)

Back
Top Bottom