SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Kannabia Seeds I know I've grown some of their product and loved it. I don't remember which but it was good. Guess with alot of these hybreds you just have to get lucky when you only get to pick from one parent plant compaired to starting like 5 or 10 at once. I know these breeders get to select from 100's of strong perspective parents plants for breeders. And nowadays breeders are turning out new F1's acouple times a year. Takes along time to really stabilize a strain. Well one nice thing about them is you don't know what you are going to get 1/2 the time. I was looking at what you are growing, 'BTW,,, good' looking buddage ya got going in the flower room.' You ever look into Big Bud or Critial Mass type hybreds? A two liter jug should support a nice massive cola nicely. Alot of nice genetics out there. We all need to find that 'one' that never lets us down. Keepem Green

Thanks, Brother! I'm real happy with the Pineapple Express and the Power Skunk. Although, the Power Skunk isn't what I'd call a "heavy producer", the quality is great. I hadn't looked into the Critical Mass or Big Bud hybrids until you mentioned them, but they do sound right up my alley! :thumb:

I'm definately a fan of the fruity flavors and the Critical Mass sounds like it got just that! :yummy:

Wow Mr Krip. You have definately gotten better at this. Love the sizes of those colas compared to the size of the plants. That second pic looks to be a POTM winner. There is some top notch growing in this journal. My hats off to you bro.
Its been awhile, how you've been?

Thanks, Bro! :thanks:

The second pic isn't really a POTM entry since she's actually TWELVE single cola SOG plants, but I do appreciate the kind words! :)

I've been doing well, and hope you have, too, but I have been very busy these days trying to make as much money as possible and prepare before the next financial collapse hits!

I've definately gotten comfortable with my "Zen And The Art Of Growing" endeavors, and managing the SOG has now become fairly routine so, unless there are problems, (and there haven't been many! :wood:), I just keep spending an hour, or so, every couple of days to make sure the girls are wet & happy.

I haven't looked at, or sub'd, to any new journals in quite some time and don't see any links in your sig, but know you're not big on advertising your journals. Do you have a new grow journal up? If so, please post the link!

Be well, Brother!
:Namaste:

Meester Krrrip. whassup brother? your buds are absolutely PHAT. I am impressed. nuff said. ;)

BPN! I was just thinking about you! If you think the girls a phat now, wait until you see them on BPN! :)

It took me much longer to finish up my AN nutes than I anticipated, but I'm down to about 2-3 feedings left before the AN Grow and Bloom are both exhausted, then I'm making the move to BPN! :yahoo:

I'm gonna' send you a PM about ordering the Liquid Blue Bloom Booster. I do still have a decent amount of Big Bud, Bud Candy, and Overdrive left that I'll probably want to use up, too, then it's straight BPN! It will be a good excuse for me to make more frequent updates in the journal since things will be changing up! ;)

I've still been getting on here at pretty regularly, but usually am lurking and only catching up on a journal or two at-a-time. I guess one of the reasons I haven't been updating much here on this journal is that I'm pretty well settled into this SOG and, because it's so repetitive, there's never much new to show or report that I haven't already shown or reported.

That being said, the flower tent is packed full with 24 plants, and, although 24 was the planned max, I found I can squeeze a couple of more in there, if needed, and it may be because I still have a bunch of clones and several that will be ready to go into flower in the next few days.

Here's a pic of the full tent:

Hey mr krip you have really mastered this 2 litre thing. thanks for sharing with us
I could never get tired of watching your journals and Im sure every one agrees.
Gittergreen

GT! Welcome back, Brother! I just posted in your old journal. It's great to see you back here and looking forward to catching up. I hope all is well with you & the family! :circle-of-love:

Mr Krip, you will love the BPN as I'm sure you already know. I was amazed at the difference the bloom booster made in all my colas. I just can't say enough good things about the 3 part and bloom booster.

Thanks, AK1! I'm definately looking forward to the BPN. I'm actually surprised how long the nutes have lasted me. It's taken me over a year just to go through a quart of the AN Micro/Grow/Bloom and I have two gallons of each of the BPN 3-part, so I should be good for quite some time! :morenutes:

I've still been getting on here at pretty regularly, but usually am lurking and only catching up on a journal or two at-a-time. I guess one of the reasons I haven't been updating much here on this journal is that I'm pretty well settled into this SOG and, because it's so repetitive, there's never much new to show or report that I haven't already shown or reported.

That being said, the flower tent is packed full with 24 plants, and, although 24 was the planned max, I found I can squeeze a couple of more in there, if needed, and it may be because I still have a bunch of clones and several that will be ready to go into flower in the next few days.

Here's a pic of the full tent:

Hey mr krip you have really mastered this 2 litre thing. thanks for sharing with us
I could never get tired of watching your journals and Im sure every one agrees.
Gittergreen

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:
420fied is the real Master at the 2 L's but I'm feeling confident enough to be a Master's Apprentice now! :)

I'm sorry but your right. I try not to draw to much attention to myself. Here's the link to the new journal.DIY Vertical Tube Challenges The Aeroflo 96 - The Goal Is In The Yeild
I may add links after I downsize my operations but right now I rather not. It almost bothers me when people think that I am some type of grow guru. I am just a mechanic that got bored with growing weed so I made it a lil more challenging for me.

NOT-SO-QUICK UPDATE - BPN SWITCH & MORE!

Just a quick update with no pics today :sorry:....

I finally used up what I had left of my AN nutes and made the switch to BPN on Monday for both veg and flower. So far, the girls all seem very happy.

It's still a little early, but my initial impressions of the BPN are positive. I haven't noticed any difference yet (it's only been three days!) on the girls in flower. The girls in veg definately seem "perkier" to me with better color. I was running a pretty light (custom) nute schedule with the AN nutes, but so far, I've been following the BPN schedule per the instructions on the bottle, so I'm using about twice as much nutes as I was with the AN, but I'm sure I could reduce the BPN, too. And, even using twice as much and paying full price for the BPN, the BPN would still be less expensive than the AN.

Also, I notice that I am using MUCH less PH-Down with the BPN and often I don't have to add ANY to achieve the target PH using straight tap water! :thumb:

I harvested a FAT Pineapple Express last week that was 18.5" and weighed in today at 16.9 g - the highest yielding SOG plant, so far!!! :morenutes:

I also harvested two of the last three Lucy plants today that were both over 19" and look like they'll be good yielders. It was actually nine days early (or only two days early, considering I've been giving Lucy and extra week) but the flower tent was full and I had some PE clones that were about 15" and had to go into flower. The last Lucy is due to be harvested on 9/30 and then it's nothing but Pineapple Express, Big Band, and Power Skunk until I decide to make another seed purchase.

The first Big Band clone is due to be harvested in two weeks. If she smokes anywhere near as good as she smells, she'll be another keeper! :yummy:

The Power Skunk has still been giving me some challenges, but I think we're just about over them....

It was quite some time ago now - at least a couple of months - that I mentioned it appeared the PS clone I was rescuing to be a new mom had started to go into flower.

I have taken several clones of her since then, and, up until just recently, they were all getting too big to put into flower before they started putting out 5-fingered leaves, so I had been reluctant to flower them for fear of hermies.

Well, the good new is that, as of today, I actually have my first Power Skunk clone that's putting out five fingered leaves AND is just the right size to put into flower. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, the flower tent is packed and the next plant isn't due to be harvested for another nine days. Since she'll be too tall by then, and I have plenty of clones waiting for their chance at basking in the LED's of the flower tent, I gave the PS a massive topping and gonna raise her as a potential new mom. I have a couple of others I've done the same thing to, but all the others are STILL throwing out three-fingered leaves, so at least I'll have a mom that I know is actually in veg!

Finally, the oldest PE mom (I have two more I've been growing to replace her) has been showing signs of deficiencies over the last couple of weeks. At first, it looked like a Mag deficiency, but when the Cal/Mag and a good Clearex flush didn't help, I knew she must be rootbound.

So, let me apologize in advance for not taking any pics of the process, but I had her out today for a root pruning. It appears my diagnosis was correct cuz' there was about 4 L's of roots packed into that one 2 L bottle! :)

I trimmed the roots and took some off her top and put her in a fresh 2 L bottle, but if I had more space, I'd probably use a 1 gallon container for the moms.

Not much else new to report (wasn't that enough? :)) but hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Harvests!

K

High Mr.K. Please check out the feed schedule on my site. It is designed for cannabis. I have upgraded it and the new labels will reflect the new schedule. I just have to sell about 200 more gallons of the old label bottles before I start using the new ones. The formula is still the same. In veg, I typically always use equal amounts of each part.

High Mr.K. Please check out the feed schedule on my site. It is designed for cannabis. I have upgraded it and the new labels will reflect the new schedule. I just have to sell about 200 more gallons of the old label bottles before I start using the new ones. The formula is still the same. In veg, I typically always use equal amounts of each part.

Hehehe, I was going to say the same thing, until I saw your reply here. Been seeing you around a lot more lately than usual, and I'm glad to see it! I know my grow wouldn't be as good as it is had I not changed from AN to BPN, and the third part of my review will be posted shortly after I finish harvesting.

Anyway, Thank you for all your support around here. I'm sure others will agree, that you are a valued sponsor, and once we get your miracle product, think very HIGHly of it. I know I'll never make another purchase of anything other than BPN.

Got it! :thanks:

TOP TEN SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE A GROWER!

Thanks to Jeff Foxworthy, we all know how to tell if you might be a redneck, so I thought I'd put together a list of the top ten signs that will tell if you might be a grower. Feel free to add to the list! :)

==============================

You might be a grower IF....

1) You stress about the quality of nutrients you give your plants but live on a diet of fast food, potato chips, coffee & soda

2) Every plastic container looks like a potential hydro system

3) Your electric bill is more than your mortgage payment

4) Your neighbors are always asking why you never let you pet skunk out of the house to play

5) When someone refers to a "hottie with 36-24-36 measurements" you think they're referring to the N-P-K ratio on some super brand of nutes

6) Someone asks you about your girls and you forget all about your daughters and tell them about your plants.

7) You're in the process of curing, but you're not a doctor and nobody is sick

8) A "light leak" has nothing to do with slowly dripping water

9) A fully packed tent makes you feel better than a fully packed bowl

10) You include :420: in your list of the top teachers of all time!

==============================

Happy Harvests!

K

You might be a grower IF....

*You see a plant or a nug, and say, "Damn, I wish I had a cut of that."

*You walk out of a back room sniffing your fingers, and it stinks so good.

*When some refers to a tent, your first thought is what they are growing in it, and if they're having any heat issues.

*You take better care of your snipping and pruning blades than your own shaving razor.

*Somewhere in your house it looks like you're saving water for an apocalypse.

*If your bug out bag includes archived seeds, small bottles of growing chemicals, and a bag of hydrotone.

Back
Top Bottom