SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Your absolutly right as long as your environment is in check shouldnt be a problem with fungus. As a matter of fact most organic guru's
recommend foliar sprays to discourage harmful pathogens and pest. Thanks for your take on this brother!:thumb:

No problem! BTW...I don't PH adjust the foliar solution and I do use tap water. I do add a drop of dish soap as a wetting agent, which I'm guessing is what clogged my other sprayer! :)

I use the SSU as a foliar only, which is very economical when applied that way. The recommended dose is 5 ml/gallon but I typically just put 1 ml in a quart spray bottle. So, I apply just under the recommended dose, but it's close enough and my 1 ml syringe makes it easy to measure out in one shot! :)

That one quart bottle tends to last me several weeks, even with 24 plants, since it's only applied weekly.

You can add SSU to the nutes but they recommend you lower PPM's and while it shouldn't be a problem in soil (just more costly than foliar application), it's recommended NOT to use SSU in a res with an airstone.

One final comment that, for some reason, I just feel compelled to make!

Many growers are hesitant, to the point where they refuse, to apply anything foliar in the later stages of flowering for fear of budrot. Other growers will never appy foliars since they feel that ALL nutes should be taken in through the root system and a foliar only inhibits root development.

My experience is, assuming you have good/clean conditions in your growroom and spray earlier in the day, there's no issues applying foliars all the way up to harvest (although, I usually cut out the SSU a couple of weeks before). If you spray earlier and don't totally drench the buds, the lights will typically dry them out and, if you think about it, in an outdoor situation they'd be getting rained on at all hours of the day in an environment you couldn't control nearly as well, so I really don't understand all the fuss about foliars! Just my 420 cents on the issue! :Namaste:

Propa Gator, in order to keep his hanging branches/buds from drying to fast after harvest, sprays them down with water. Now THAT takes balls!

Good info on SSU and foliars. Hope you are well my friend! :)

Propa Gator, in order to keep his hanging branches/buds from drying to fast after harvest, sprays them down with water. Now THAT takes balls!

Good info on SSU and foliars. Hope you are well my friend! :)

i wasn't aware they could dry too fast. most peoples buds dry in a week. mine are dry in 3 days. i have a fan located at the bottom of my drying tent blowing air UP. perhaps I should remove this fan to slow down the drying process?

i wasn't aware they could dry too fast. most peoples buds dry in a week. mine are dry in 3 days. i have a fan located at the bottom of my drying tent blowing air UP. perhaps I should remove this fan to slow down the drying process?

Yep!

I second that! You want the buds to dry slowly - just not so slow they get budrot. I've stopped running the fan in my drybox entirely and they take about 4-5 days to dry. When I jar them, they're usually pretty close to 70% and I end up leaving the top off of the jar for the first day.

I second that! You want the buds to dry slowly - just not so slow they get budrot. I've stopped running the fan in my drybox entirely and they take about 4-5 days to dry. When I jar them, they're usually pretty close to 70% and I end up leaving the top off of the jar for the first day.
I started using those humidipaks that Xlr8 has been using. Just drop a pack in and close the jar and forgettaboutit
I will stop using the fan

I started using those humidipaks that Xlr8 has been using. Just drop a pack in and close the jar and forgettaboutit
I will stop using the fan

The humidipacks are great for maintaining the right RH during long-term storage. They are not a replacement for a proper dry and cure, though. If the buds are too wet or too dry when they go in the jar, the humidipacks won't help.

If you ever go to the walmarts to buy and return 30 pairs of dr schohls just to get the humidity packs you might be a redneck grower.
Uh! wrong thread huh!

QUICK PIC UPDATE

I was just feeding the girls in the flower tent and had a couple extra minutes, so figured I take a few pics, although, there's not much new or exciting to report...

Here's a pic of the nice, full tent;

DSCN2316.JPG

Canopy shot:

DSCN23171.JPG

The "right" side, which is the group closest to harvest. The four in the far-right column will be harvested this month. The rest are due in October:

DSCN23191.JPG

This is the last Lucy clone, due for harvest on 9/30 but is already a monster! :morenutes: :

DSCN2326.JPG

And, here's the first Big Band clone which is scheduled for harvest on 9/19, but I probably won't harvest her until 9/24 when I have another Pineapple Express due. Then, I'll just harvest them together:

DSCN2320.JPG

DSCN2325.JPG

It's tough to get a good trich shot under the LED's, but this Big Band is covered in 'em! :yummy: :

DSCN2322.JPG

DSCN23271.JPG

DSCN2321.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

ONE THING NEW TO REPORT - DEFOLIATION IN VEG

In my earlier post I mentioned that there wasn't much new to report. But as I was catching up on Brother OMM's journal, I read some questions about defoliation in veg and remembered there was something I had forgotten to mention.

If you recall my update from a few weeks ago, my veg cab was overflowing with clones on both sides. I knew I had more than I would be able to get into the flower tent based on the occupancy at the time, and the harvest schedule.

The flower tent filled up a couple of weeks ago and I had a few clones that were ready to go into flower after it was already full. I tried to think of some way to keep the clones that were already at 14+ inches a couple more weeks without them growing much more, or they'd outgrow the tent once in flower.

I started thinking of all of my options for controlling height including LST, topping, supercropping, etc., but none of them were conducive to having a single cola SOG plant.

Then I remembered that defoliation basically halted the vertical growth. So, instead of waiting until day 21 of flower to defoliate, I defoliated a few of the plants in veg that were at the size I wanted to start them in flower at.

I didn't take exact measurements, but even after a couple of extra weeks in veg, there was no noticeable vertical growth and I was able to put the plants that otherwise would have grown too tall into flower.

So, defoliation in veg is a good way to maintain the plant at its current height without training that would result in additional colas. :Namaste:

Hi Mr Krip ! I love the strains you are growing. Everyone is a winner. You must have a spread sheet to help keep up with the times you should move them where they supposed to be and when.

Glad I could help as a reminder for defoliating to stop growth. Bassman defoliates all though out his grows and it works.
He has been getting massive yields. Who knew?
:peace:

Hi Mr Krip ! I love the strains you are growing. Everyone is a winner. You must have a spread sheet to help keep up with the times you should move them where they supposed to be and when.

Glad I could help as a reminder for defoliating to stop growth. Bassman defoliates all though out his grows and it works.
He has been getting massive yields. Who knew?
:peace:

Yup! I do have/need a spreadsheet just to keep track. Here's what I created:

sheet1.jpg

I start a new sheet for each set of 24 plants in flower. The above sheet is for 2012 Round #2 which is still being harvested, but Round #3 is already started on a new sheet.

The #'s with gray backgrounds have already been harvested. I just enter the date and select which strain it is from a drop-down list when I put the plant into flower. Then, I enter the height when harvested and weight when dried. Everything else gets calculated automatically, including dates of first and second defoliation, date to start reducing nutes, date to flush, and date to harvest. It calculates a different number of days in flower IF the strain is Lucy, since I was giving Lucy an extra week of 12/12. The "Days" column gives me a quick look at how many days the plant has been in flower, but it's not valid for the plants that have already been harvested since it keeps counting the days even after harvest.

You can see that currently, I'm averaging 0.48 oz. per plant out of 13 plants harvested, so far in this round, weighing a total of 6.3 oz.

The colored backgrounds are just "warning signals" letting me know what's coming up soon. Stuff due this week has a green background, stuff due tomorrow has a yellow background, and stuff due today has a red background. Stuff that's done, or should already be done, has white background with green lettering.

If I started all 24 plants in only one or two batches, I probably wouldn't need the spreadsheet, but with the continuous flow I have going, there would be no way to keep it straight without it! :)

Very nice Mr. Krip! Well done! I once did the same thing when I started girls at different times.

Lazy me now starts them all at the same time.
:high-five:

Of course your continual grow is so cool......with excellent results!:thumb:

A bit of a late catch up for me Mr Krip, but awesome stuff the last 3 pages!

A bit of a late catch up for me Mr Krip, but awesome stuff the last 3 pages!

Hey, Bass! Great to see you again, Brother! :high-five:
I hope all is well with you! Looks like you have a new grow going...I'll check it out in a few!

PIC UPDATE: FIRST BIG BAND HARVESTED!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :party:

This afternoon, I harvested the last of the Lucy clones, so there will be no more Lucy growing here for quite some time. For anyone that may have missed it, I was only able to get one Lucy seed to germinate and the pheno wasn't a good representation of the great strain that Lucy is. Her colas were HUGE but the buds were real fluffy and not the nice dense nugs I like to see. The smoke was ok, but not up to par with the 24% THC content that strain boasts. She did win POTM for me, so I can't really complain too much! :)

Lucy is being replaced with Kannabia Big Band, which was a freebie seed when I ordered the Lucy and Pineapple Express and I did harvest another PE along with my first Big Band clone also this afternoon.

I figure I've posted enough pics of the Lucy, but here's the PE (left) and BB (right) before a quick trim:

DSCN23292.JPG

Here's the PE:

DSCN23302.JPG

The rest of the pics are of the Big Band. This strain definately looks to be a keeper, although, I haven't even taken any samples yet. She smells like Juicy Fruit gum, right now, and, like the PE's, the trichome coverage on the BB is incredible.

Here's a few more pre-trim shots:

DSCN23323.JPG

DSCN2333.JPG

Lower Buds - no "popcorn" here! :morenutes::

DSCN2334.JPG

A couple of top cola close-ups:

DSCN2335.JPG

DSCN23381.JPG

After a quick trim before going into the dry box. She was 19" tall:

DSCN23391.JPG

DSCN23414.JPG

DSCN23424.JPG

Check out the trichomes on this baby! :yummy:

DSCN23434.JPG

DSCN23443.JPG

DSCN23471.JPG

DSCN2345.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Way Cool Mr Krip.......!!!!!!!!!! Nice clean harvest. That will keep ya in bud for aminute. Lucy is a plant I haven't tried 'yet'. I sure seen it produce some respectable cola's alot, on alpt of the grow sites. She's constant it seems and you are further proof..... Congradulations on a harvest. Cool little grow you got growing. And a great way to keep fresh cola's incoming. I hope you smoke atleast as good as they look. Cool I popped in at just the right time to see the cut.......... Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom