SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

HASHING IT OUT!

I've been accumulating a decent amount of trim, so thought I'd make some dry ice hash today. Here are the results:

DSCN2349.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

That's a lot of saving up! Can I has 1 puck?

I've never tried the dry ice method. guess I should see what its all about. I just bought some of the bubble bags, but I'm going to hace to much triming for them this year. Looks good there Mister Krip. Hey do me a favor and hook me up with a easy method so I can see it working, tha dry ice stuff. I'm going to go back acouple pages and see if I see where you did it. You got trim means you got harvest. Congradulations, Keepem Green

I've never tried the dry ice method. guess I should see what its all about. I just bought some of the bubble bags, but I'm going to hace to much triming for them this year. Looks good there Mister Krip. Hey do me a favor and hook me up with a easy method so I can see it working, tha dry ice stuff. I'm going to go back acouple pages and see if I see where you did it. You got trim means you got harvest. Congradulations, Keepem Green
This is my wifes department wood but basically how she does it...........she breaks up the dry ice into chucks...not too small mind you. She then puts some of the dry ice in the bottom of her bubble bag, then puts in some trimmings and then a lil more dry ice on top of all that. Let it sit a minute and then start shaking over a big ol mirror. You will then see the tricomes start of fall.

Thanks, Brother! I had posted a couple of videos on the technique in my previous journal, but I see those videos now require you to sign-in, so here's another showing the method:

[video=youtube;BOb5DqTSnEk]
[/video]

Thanks, Brother! I had posted a couple of videos on the technique in my previous journal, but I see those videos now require you to sign-in, so here's another showing the method:

[video=youtube;BOb5DqTSnEk]
[/video]

I just wanted to point out that the 220 micron bag will give a LOT of veg matter. The 96 or the 110 is better for dry ice hash as you get more trichs before the veg matter pulverizes. the heads on a trichome are actually about 74 microns, so just a bit bigger lets them come through first. It takes a bit to actually start seeing green come through the bags this way, so you can shake in a pattern and grade your hash. The first minute or so will be the purest, with the last of it being almost all veg matter, and you can see this easily because it will go from a yellow-ish color to a green color at the end..

This realy looks like the way to go.Fairly simple and produces very well.:thumb:

This is my wifes department wood but basically how she does it...........she breaks up the dry ice into chucks...not too small mind you. She then puts some of the dry ice in the bottom of her bubble bag, then puts in some trimmings and then a lil more dry ice on top of all that. Let it sit a minute and then start shaking over a big ol mirror. You will then see the tricomes start of fall.

I just wanted to point out that the 220 micron bag will give a LOT of veg matter. The 96 or the 110 is better for dry ice hash as you get more trichs before the veg matter pulverizes. the heads on a trichome are actually about 74 microns, so just a bit bigger lets them come through first. It takes a bit to actually start seeing green come through the bags this way, so you can shake in a pattern and grade your hash. The first minute or so will be the purest, with the last of it being almost all veg matter, and you can see this easily because it will go from a yellow-ish color to a green color at the end..

IMHO, the dry ice method is much easier, quicker, and cleaner than ice water separation and there's an added benefit!

Dry ice is actually frozen CO2 and since making the hash only takes a couple of relatively small chunks, here's what I do with the left-over dry ice...

I posted this video in a previous journal, and although it's not my grow, I do the same thing - not on a regular basis, but when I have leftover dry ice from the hash making:

[video=youtube;3kEN2Pftk74]
[/video]

Way Cool. HELLA lot easier looking than ice. I kind of wondered myself about getting alot of plant matter in it, with alot of excessive shaking. You used the 220 micron? I got a set of bags awhile back but I ended up getting 5 gallon ones. Same thing should work. I just need to be sure of keeping the wieght down, I woodn't want to bust a seam in the bag and waste the work. Great to the point vid thanks. I'm going to try it... Keepem Green

Way Cool. HELLA lot easier looking than ice. I kind of wondered myself about getting alot of plant matter in it, with alot of excessive shaking. You used the 220 micron? I got a set of bags awhile back but I ended up getting 5 gallon ones. Same thing should work. I just need to be sure of keeping the wieght down, I woodn't want to bust a seam in the bag and waste the work. Great to the point vid thanks. I'm going to try it... Keepem Green

Yeah, the 5 gallon bags work fine and most of the videos I've seen on dry ice hash making are using the 5 gallon bags/buckets. As far as the mesh, I now use the 160 micron bag. I used to use the 220, but as Jandre accurately pointed out, you still get a lot of plant matter out of the 220.

Hash from dry ice yes but the video is about what, freezing or CO2 overload poisoning? His spooked-up plants in the video don't look all that phat & fine. Gimmicky
I looked up CO2 fire extinguishers on Amazon to make dry ice as needed, right in the bubble bag with no waste. Can those high-dollar tanks be re-filled?

I wonder about the screen also. I can't see someone getting 8 grams of good hash out of a oz. Not that I've ever been the big hash maker. Back long time ago they use to have a machine called Iso2 Isomizer which washed your herbs with denatured alcohol thru a still that have abunch of tray which the alcohol wood purculate thru ending up with product in the bottom tray. Ad claimed 'Shit to Gold'. But what you ended up getting was another alcohol soluable chemical, chloroform all the hash it made was green. The oil too. Thing was a flop to me. Well thanks for the info. I'm fixxing to come up with a pound or two of high end shake. When I harvest my outdoor stuff I never trim the smaller buds. They end up in the trim for butter of hash. This CO2 sure looks easier. Yea from what I understand CO2 can be over done. But I wood als put my extra's in the flower room. I'd just run it thru a fan first. Looks great Keepem Green

I wonder about the screen also. I can't see someone getting 8 grams of good hash out of a oz. Not that I've ever been the big hash maker. Back long time ago they use to have a machine called Iso2 Isomizer which washed your herbs with denatured alcohol thru a still that have abunch of tray which the alcohol wood purculate thru ending up with product in the bottom tray. Ad claimed 'Shit to Gold'. But what you ended up getting was another alcohol soluable chemical, chloroform all the hash it made was green. The oil too. Thing was a flop to me. Well thanks for the info. I'm fixxing to come up with a pound or two of high end shake. When I harvest my outdoor stuff I never trim the smaller buds. They end up in the trim for butter of hash. This CO2 sure looks easier. Yea from what I understand CO2 can be over done. But I wood als put my extra's in the flower room. I'd just run it thru a fan first. Looks great Keepem Green

In my experience (and I'm sure there are people with more than I!), you get about a 15% return, so an oz. should yield about 4-5 g. of good quality kief.

Hash from dry ice yes but the video is about what, freezing or CO2 overload poisoning? His spooked-up plants in the video don't look all that phat & fine. Gimmicky
I looked up CO2 fire extinguishers on Amazon to make dry ice as needed, right in the bubble bag with no waste. Can those high-dollar tanks be re-filled?

I don't believe using dry ice is a great method of introducing CO2, especially because there's no way to control PPM's, which is why I only do it when I have leftover dry ice from making hash. But, compared to the home CO2 generators that use sugar & yeast, the dry ice method certainly seems to raise the PPM's to a level not practically achievable using sugar & yeast.

I would assume the CO2 fire extinguishers are refillable and I have seen them used to make dry ice. In fact, you should call your local fire department. Many of them will refill fire extinguishers for free! Although, I don't know if that includes CO2 extinguishers (or just the water type) and they'll probably get a little suscpicious when you start showing up every week to get your fire extinguisher refilled! :)

Congrats on the awesome hash haul! :high-five:

I still need to get one of those bags at some point, you've had me wanting to do it for a while - since you first posted info and a video on it. I end up with more trim leaf material than i can make cooking oil with, which is what i do with most of my trim now... Hope you are well, and your weekend was a great one. :)

Congrats on the awesome hash haul! :high-five:

I still need to get one of those bags at some point, you've had me wanting to do it for a while - since you first posted info and a video on it. I end up with more trim leaf material than i can make cooking oil with, which is what i do with most of my trim now... Hope you are well, and your weekend was a great one. :)

Thanks & I hear ya', my friend...I still have about a pound of budder in the fridge I made something like 6 months ago! I just can't use it that quickly. I guess I smoke more than I eat! I've definately been getting my money's worth out of the bubble bags, though! I just wrap the pucks in tin foil and put them in a bag in the freezer. Then, when I want some hash, I "get the puck out of there!" :rofl:

:rollingeyes::hmmmm:

Mr K...nice haul on the hash

:rofl: get the puck out of there :rofl:

Can those bags be gotten at the big box store? Or is it something that must be ordered online? I'm with X...I've wanted to try this ever since you first posted a video on it months ago...also, how much dry ice is required to how much trim? Now that you've done this successfully...do you have any helpful tips or tricks for the newbies?

Sq

Back
Top Bottom