SpaceLulu's - Soil - First Grow - 2015

I think I took a look at every bud on every plant, and I think they are ready.
Trics are mostly cloudy, there are some amber and some clear. I could maybe wait a bit more, but I think that might be counter-productive since I've been flushing them for so long. But, lessons learned :)

I don't want to leave them too long, because so far all I was able to taste was street stuff, and it usually puts me to sleep right away. So I would love to try this, sativa more of effect.

Right now the humidity is 33%, which I think will be great in combination with the dark 48h period.

I am not sure what my humidity will be when I hang them out to dry. It might be around 40-50%. Will have to check if I can use the humidifier, away from the buds, but in the tent.

I like growing, and I am thinking about my next grow. I will start as soon as I am done drying the current harvest. I have:
- 10x THC Bomb (regular)
- 4x Afghani (regular)
- 4x White Widow X Big Bud (fem)
- 1x Bubbas Gift
Not sure what combination I will make. Scared a bit of regular seeds. :D
I don't think I will be able to go much more then 250W in two months due to warmer temps. And implementing some cooling system might be too much.

Sounds like you are going to have some sticky fingers come Sunday. I agree with not allowing it to get too amber and turn into a couch lock. Personally my dry area is at 70F and 50%RH. Some folks like it to be 60-65 but I just cut the into jars a bit earlier than you would with higher RH.

You seed choices sound fun. I wouldn't mess with a regular for you summer grow either, wait until you can start a few. The WWxBB is one of my absolute favorites so that would get my vote!

:Namaste:
Bob ;)

OK. This is the end. :)

It is (almost) finished, how successful was I its not sure.

I harvested on Sunday, and it turned out a lot more work then I thought about it.

Then I put them into the box for drying. I raised the RH in the room where my box is to 55-65%, temperature was always below 73F.
But, it looks like that passive ventilation (from chimney) was too strong. So buds dried too fast, they feel more then dry but stems are not snapping, so I put them into jars.

Smell, mildly put, sucks and I don't like. They have a strong hay smell, or diesel or petroleum or I have no idea.
The reason might be drying them too fast, or I harvested too early.
I put a bit of orange peel in the jar, maybe that will help with rehidratation and the smell.

Roots look weird to me. Much of the root mass was at the bottom, and no on the sides. And the roots were not completely white but a bit darkish.

I tried the product. Generally it is soft for the throat (but I vape so that might not be completely right), effect is okay, taste is okay, sweet (I tried strawberry blue).
Buds now seem a lot airy and dry. But on the other hand this is the first time I am holding an actual bud in my hand and not some pressed street stuff.

I got around 240g in total (92g strawberry blue and 155g from moneymaker), but having in mind everything else this is not the most important thing to me.

So from the standpoint of only product...I am not satisfied...
I think that I made a few, maybe unnecessary, mistakes. I will see what will the situation be after curing.

From the standpoint of growing in general, I think I learned a lot since this is my first grow. Currently my moral is a bit down because of this, but I think that I will go a bit smarter into the next grow.
Made a lot of mistakes, but I hope I learned some lessons.

I just want to say thank you all, especially Dr Bob.

Hey there! No feeling down there at least not yet. That isn't a bad haul at all for that number of plants and more importantly I think your smell taste issue is normal. Bud always tastes like hay in the first few days. Smells terrible sometimes. Also, the good smells won't start to really take hold until at least a week or so. My Critical Kush is just now starting to smell the way I expect after about 10 days down.

Give it some time. That bud looks just fine and covered in trics.

Am I missing something about what is disappointing you? Sounds like you done good. Are you burping those jars at least a couple times a day? They are going to smell like cut grass each time you open them for a few days.

:high-five:
Bob ;)

Yeah, I am burping the jars. The grass smell has almost gone away, but they smell like diesel pretty hard.

Anyway, I am mostly smoking Strawberry Blue, it has a nice effect that lets me work while under it, and with all the "street" kinds I tried I would not be able to work like that.
It has a not so strong head effect, nice enough to keep me concentrated.
Here is a pic
20160328_142614_-_Copy.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom