Spots on leaves, dying bud tips and buds not tightening

Taylored

Please help this is my third grow and things are really going wrong I am growing in coco the temperature is around the 30c lights on and around low 20 lights off I am growing under 600w lights my ph is between 5.0 and 6.0. Things are going really wrong I have had one grow and had to get rid of my plants at the end the leaves all browned and died some bud tips browned and died as well also they did not harden or tighten up now it's looking like my next grow is doing the same.
Any help would be great

Attachments

• 20200128_190629.jpg
    20200128_190629.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 20200128_190541.jpg
    20200128_190541.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200128_190535.jpg
    20200128_190535.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200128_190548.jpg
    20200128_190548.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200128_190709.jpg
    20200128_190709.jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20200128_212038.jpg
    20200128_212038.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
  • 20200128_190454.jpg
    20200128_190454.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 136
  • 20200128_212008.jpg
    20200128_212008.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 155
  • received_516334619009878.jpeg
    received_516334619009878.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 146
  • received_1009811586041075.jpeg
    received_1009811586041075.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 140
Do you have any pests,gnats, etc. ? Have you fed nutrients every feeding ? (2-3 times per day) (Not just water? Your pH is low. Coco should be around 5.8 pH during Veg & in Flower you go up to about 6.2 until the last 2 weeks & then back to 5.8.
I'm not sure about your temps as I don't know the U.S. conversion. I can say the temps should be around 77 F. Even the low 80's wont hurt it as I've grown all the way through in the low 80's in the past.
It's that 4th pic that worries me. Almost looks like mold is forming. If it is your Humidity was probably too high & possibly not enough air circulation.
Some of the pics don't look too bad.
The other thing is... Did you use Cal Mag in every feeding. Those spots are Mag Def. Coco uses a lot of Cal Mag. I use 2-ml. per gallon every time I mix nutes.

Looks like your temps are on the high side for indoor growing. Maybe the nutes are burning her up?
Is it fresh coco? As in not the same from your last grow?
Looks like your temps are on the high side for indoor growing. Maybe the nutes are burning her up?
Is it fresh coco? As in not the same from your last grow?
Yes it's fresh coco do you think I should flush? If so how long do you think I should flush for

Do you have any pests,gnats, etc. ? Have you fed nutrients every feeding ? (2-3 times per day) (Not just water? Your pH is low. Coco should be around 5.8 pH during Veg & in Flower you go up to about 6.2 until the last 2 weeks & then back to 5.8.
I'm not sure about your temps as I don't know the U.S. conversion. I can say the temps should be around 77 F. Even the low 80's wont hurt it as I've grown all the way through in the low 80's in the past.
It's that 4th pic that worries me. Almost looks like mold is forming. If it is your Humidity was probably too high & possibly not enough air circulation.
Some of the pics don't look too bad.
The other thing is... Did you use Cal Mag in every feeding. Those spots are Mag Def. Coco uses a lot of Cal Mag. I use 2-ml. per gallon every time I mix nutes.
30c works out to be around 86f we can't get cal mag here but I use a product called CMX witch is higher in mag iron potassium and Zink I only feed once every two days I have fan running air in and out no pest that I have seen

lot of scattered info..

back up a sec and give us a proper run down
read this and come back to this thread with the info all in one post

have a couple ideas but without knowing more it's just spitballing

30c works out to be around 86f we can't get cal mag here but I use a product called CMX witch is higher in mag iron potassium and Zink I only feed once every two days I have fan running air in and out no pest that I have seen
Well your pH is too low, temps high & you aren't feeding nowhere near enough. You can not over water Coco & you never let it dry out. You need to feed at least twice per day til run off & make sure your run off pH is close to the pH'd nutes you put in.
Hey, @Old Salt , @farside05 , care to chime in ?

Environment can easily do it. Too much light or wind will dry the tops of your plants. Too low humidity will compound the problem. Too high a temperature will affect your grow, although I've had success up to extended day time highs of 38°C / 100°F and humidity around 90%.

Nutrients can also cause problems. Not knowing exactly what you are using and feeding, I cant comment on this possibility.

Pests are another concern that can cause problems. Sooner or later we all have to deal with them.

I grow in coco/perlite using drain-to-waste hydroponics in DIY 11l / 3.8 US gal fabric grow bags. I transplant into these from 10cm / 4" nursery pots. Every watering is done with a nutrient solution, and continues until I get between 10% and 20% run off. I start with about 250 ml of my nutrient solution, once per day, and let my run off decide the increases. Once I hit 500ml or a pint I go to twice per day and drop back with the volume. When that reaches 500ml per feed I go to three times per day, and just keep increasing the volume, not stopping at 500ml. It is usually capped at about 750ml / three cups per watering, and drops as I approach harvest. It's a lot of work, so I built an automatic watering system to handle it.

I've used General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and Supplements. I switched to Mega Crop for my current grow. I can answer question about them from experience. Other nutrients will require some research.

Environment can easily do it. Too much light or wind will dry the tops of your plants. Too low humidity will compound the problem. Too high a temperature will affect your grow, although I've had success up to extended day time highs of 38°C / 100°F and humidity around 90%.

Nutrients can also cause problems. Not knowing exactly what you are using and feeding, I cant comment on this possibility.

Pests are another concern that can cause problems. Sooner or later we all have to deal with them.

I grow in coco/perlite using drain-to-waste hydroponics in DIY 11l / 3.8 US gal fabric grow bags. I transplant into these from 10cm / 4" nursery pots. Every watering is done with a nutrient solution, and continues until I get between 10% and 20% run off. I start with about 250 ml of my nutrient solution, once per day, and let my run off decide the increases. Once I hit 500ml or a pint I go to twice per day and drop back with the volume. When that reaches 500ml per feed I go to three times per day, and just keep increasing the volume, not stopping at 500ml. It is usually capped at about 750ml / three cups per watering, and drops as I approach harvest. It's a lot of work, so I built an automatic watering system to handle it.

I've used General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and Supplements. I switched to Mega Crop for my current grow. I can answer question about them from experience. Other nutrients will require some research.
Thank you

Some plants may come back, but the rest appear too far gone.

Bluter has it right:
lot of scattered info..

back up a sec and give us a proper run down
read this and come back to this thread with the info all in one post

have a couple ideas but without knowing more it's just spitballing

They mostly need info like what nutrients you feed, how much of each nutrient or additive you add, how often you feed so they can see if your NPK is off,etc. The type & watts of your lights, the size of your grow area, your day & night temps highs & lows, RH highs & lows, Auto's or fems, or regular seeds, pH going in & out,etc. All these things are variables that can effect your plants. So for someone to determine exactly what the problem is they need the info. Sure there are some things you can spot without all the info. But sometimes one problem looks similar to a different problem; but you can't say 100% without all the info. I know there's a chart / form on this site somewhere that you can fill out the questions & then all kinds of people will have answers for you that are a lot more accurate.
Are your plants Fems or Auto's ? I was thinking if they are fems & you really want to grow these plants you could chop off all the bud & some branches & leaves & re-veg the plants. You would have to flush & start feeding from scratch. Kind of a Do-Over.
I've re-vegged plants after I harvested before. Takes about 2 weeks & they start growing again. Can't do that with Auto's though.

They mostly need info like what nutrients you feed, how much of each nutrient or additive you add, how often you feed so they can see if your NPK is off,etc. The type & watts of your lights, the size of your grow area, your day & night temps highs & lows, RH highs & lows, Auto's or fems, or regular seeds, pH going in & out,etc. All these things are variables that can effect your plants. So for someone to determine exactly what the problem is they need the info. Sure there are some things you can spot without all the info. But sometimes one problem looks similar to a different problem; but you can't say 100% without all the info. I know there's a chart / form on this site somewhere that you can fill out the questions & then all kinds of people will have answers for you that are a lot more accurate.
Are your plants Fems or Auto's ? I was thinking if they are fems & you really want to grow these plants you could chop off all the bud & some branches & leaves & re-veg the plants. You would have to flush & start feeding from scratch. Kind of a Do-Over.
I've re-vegged plants after I harvested before. Takes about 2 weeks & they start growing again. Can't do that with Auto's though.
Wow thank you for that I will get the information together and write it all down thanks again

Back
Top Bottom