Starting a business

northbrooklyn68

420 Member
I'm interested in any advice from growers, owners of a business, or clients who would be willing to share with me. I'm looking to educate myself on how to prepare for the eventual legalization of marijuana for general, nonmedical use in NYS. I am considering opening a small business with an emphasis on delivery and a focus on the elderly or handicapped. Thanks!

In any business, focusing on a small % of the market is never good, or the best option

Diverse
Diverse
Diverse

And no...u can't have my ideas....

Well maybe if yer still around in a week....till then....that's all ya get

Not the best time to do that now, but perhaps in the future it could b possible.
Its a new world out there who knows but y limit your clientele? Your only loosing
profit? There offering delivery in the states that alow it. that’s where I would start
reserching and who knows what kind permits or license NY would require. $$$$$

Kind of a "cart before a horse" thing, w/o knowing the rules or if/when it will be legal there rather hard to plan much of anything. Delivery not legal in all places it is legal let alone if the Feds rewrite the rules or try to, along with fees and requirements and a bunch of other unknown variables.

You would need a secure facility meeting state requirements which you can't predict. Delivery is pretty much not going to happen.

You can outsource testing to a lab for every batch or you can buy a machine to test for mold, mildew, pesticides etc. You will need a testing method for potency.

Facilities and knowledge to make edibles and test stregnth.

Licensing requires a fee and isn't guaranteed. If you plan on cropping and selling two separate licenses.

I wouldn't try without a wad of money behind me. I also wouldn't do it without an LLC business plan. Single proprietor you can lose you house and bank accounts. LLC limits loss to business assets.

In some states the door is open for lots of people to get in on the canna biz and in some states (like mine) only those with millions in their pocket get to play or even apply for a commercial weed permit....BUT...
There are plenty of other ways you can make money without the red tape!
We know a lot about cannabis because we've had our hands on growing, consuming, learning from our peers, etc. BUT there are still millions of people who have no idea about any of it. With legalization comes legal growing, etc. And even the ability to gather and consume on private parties, etc.
Opportunities will be there for weed friendly businesses outside of just selling herb like canna-cooking classes, puff & paint parties, grow coaching/consulting, small hydro business, bud & breakfast, smoke shops, etc etc the list is endless!

Thay will beat u to death with fees and regulations but someone has to step up
and b the first in line, are u volunteering for this mission ? but are u ready to do
and spend what is required to b legit ? In NYC when price isn’t known yet Seems
a bit foolish IMO but to each.
Growers luv

Hey Marz, Is there a website or something that grow facilities search for employees? I've been trying to figure out how to find a job in one but can't find any info on it anywhere.
Not that I'm aware of but here in montana the dphhs lists every dispensary in the state and their phone number. All a person needs to be an employee is a state issued employee badge....costs $10. I'm sure if a person got their badge, called all the local dispensaries they'd be bound to find work.

It's fairly easy to get a dispensary job like Bud Tender around here. I prefer to deal with "Plants over People" but trying to apply for an actual grow job has been hard. I guess I'll see if I can apply through the Dispensaries.

In any business, focusing on a small % of the market is never good, or the best option

Diverse
Diverse
Diverse

And no...u can't have my ideas....

Well maybe if yer still around in a week....till then....that's all ya get
Thanks, Chris! You are so right...this is very new for me. Stay well-you and I will be friendly competitors for many years to come! NB

I'm interested in any advice from growers, owners of a business, or clients who would be willing to share with me. I'm looking to educate myself on how to prepare for the eventual legalization of marijuana for general, nonmedical use in NYS. I am considering opening a small business with an emphasis on delivery and a focus on the elderly or handicapped. Thanks!

Exchange numbers with me so i can give you tips I'm a bud tender

Back
Top Bottom