Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Thanks for the pics GF. God those plants are seriously insane. They are so dusty. Definitely a super clean setup. I forgot you were using that light. It was the same light i used my first grow.
2 more weeks would be insane. If thats the case, have you thought abut giving them a tiny tiny little bump of nutes to just get them through the next days?
HAPPY 420 SIR!!!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF!

They look spectacular GF! I love the colors. Happy 420!

Looking absolutely delicious my friend! Happy 420 day! Sweet looking colors on your plants and buds GF!

:peacetwo:

Thanks guys!

They look great Giants! Getting fatter by the day :high-five: and the coloring is beautiful!

I have to say I'm thinking the same thing farnorth is thinking... if they are going to go over another week, maybe a small dose of nutes would be good.
Just a little fuel for the tanks ;) then let them run dry.

I'm sure your sitting pretty if they finish on time, but if not wouldn't a shot of some macro nutes or a suplement higher in Phosphorus get you through and also add even more weight to the buds???

Just a thought...

:Namaste: my friend.

I'm not sure if it will be two weeks. I thought about the nutes but they don't seem like they're lacking for anything right now.

If I did anything it would be just some sugar I think. I really want anything that's left to be used by the plants. I've not added nutes for 2 weeks on Friday.

I'd be a little tentative, if I'm planning on harvesting next week, to add any nutes. After smoking Jess...harsh as shit...I don't want to take a chance.

If things start looking stress like..I guess I'll have to feed them. For now, I'm sitting tight..

:Namaste: and happy 420 to all commers..

Also, thank you for your votes for member of the month everyone. It's very flattering to be considered.

Day 99 - Flowering Day 52

Thanks for all the good vibes guys...I really appreciate it!! :thumb:

Trich check this morning was right on...I have my window. I've got a lot of amber trichs and most everything is cloudy.

I'm going to water tomorrow about a 1/2 gallon each to get them through the weekend and harvest on Monday.

I'm confident at this point, seeing what I'm seeing, that my window will be open by then.

Dark all day Sunday choppity chop, chop on Monday!! :yahoo:

Pics!!

Day_99_-_1.jpg
Day_99_-_3.jpg
Day_99_-_2.jpg
Day_99_-_4.jpg
Day_99_-_5.jpg

This has been a fun adventure. I read in another journal somewhere that growing without being on this site just wasn't as much fun...I can totally see that..wouldn't want to try.. :)

Great group of fellow growers here no question!!

:Namaste:

Very nice GF! I'm chopping my Blueberry this weekend if all goes to plan. You're going to have a great harvest - congrats!

Day 99 - Flowering Day 52

Thanks for all the good vibes guys...I really appreciate it!! :thumb:

Trich check this morning was right on...I have my window. I've got a lot of amber trichs and most everything is cloudy.

I'm going to water tomorrow about a 1/2 gallon each to get them through the weekend and harvest on Monday.

I'm confident at this point, seeing what I'm seeing, that my window will be open by then.

Dark all day Sunday choppity chop, chop on Monday!! :yahoo:

Pics!!

Day_99_-_1.jpg
Day_99_-_3.jpg
Day_99_-_2.jpg
Day_99_-_4.jpg
Day_99_-_5.jpg

This has been a fun adventure. I read in another journal somewhere that growing without being on this site just wasn't as much fun...I can totally see that..wouldn't want to try.. :)

Great group of fellow growers here no question!!

Awesome :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Day 100 - Flowering Day 53

Quick update as I'm pressed for time.

The girls are now stinking regardless of the temp or time of day. Like I said before, my window has arrived.

I lifted them this morning and they weren't as light as I've been watering them. They'll be fine over the weekend at this rate of water usage.

I'm harvesting on Monday morning. Lights off for 24 to 36 hours? Nah...no conclusive evidence that it works or that it does anything. I don't work on speculation :)

They will dry out over the weekend and I'll harvest before lights on Monday morning :yahoo:

The girls are now stinking regardless of the temp or time of day. Like I said before, my window has arrived.

I lifted them this morning and they weren't as light as I've been watering them. They'll be fine over the weekend at this rate of water usage.

I'm harvesting on Monday morning. Lights off for 24 to 36 hours? Nah...no conclusive evidence that it works or that it does anything. I don't work on speculation :)

They will dry out over the weekend and I'll harvest before lights on Monday morning :yahoo:

Sounds like a good plan GF!

Looks like a great harvest coming right up :bravo:

That's gonna be so much fun! :bravo:

You have had such a great grow, I'm truly happy for you my man!

You should probaby get a sample nug out and smoke it... then you can drool all weekend long at the thought of Monday's chop :thumb:

Are you gonna make hash from the trim (I forgot)? I just heard of a cool little device... I hadn't seen yet, A trim tumbler...

YouTube - EASY HASH! Agricultural Pollen Extractor used with medicinal marijuana trimmings

That's gonna be so much fun! :bravo:

You have had such a great grow, I'm truly happy for you my man!

You should probaby get a sample nug out and smoke it... then you can drool all weekend long at the thought of Monday's chop :thumb:

Are you gonna make hash from the trim (I forgot)? I just heard of a cool little device... I hadn't seen yet, A trim tumbler...

YouTube - EASY HASH! Agricultural Pollen Extractor used with medicinal marijuana trimmings

Holy shit dime! I was gonna say it has to be worth every penny until I saw they want $500 for it. Still, if I had $500 lying around I think I'd buy it. There can't be more than $100 in parts in that thing.

Yeah, I'd say it's geared more towards a commercial grower. But holy shit is right! You get so much kief/keef. The shop I go to is supposed to be getting one from a different company. Once I know the price I'll let ya know if it's affordable :)

Day 101 - Flowering Day 54

Checked in on the girls this morning..everything is looking fine. They are drying out nicely and were very light today. One more day of drying out then harvest before lights on on Monday morning.

Just to make sure I'm on track, I'll check trich's again before I harvest them. Just wanna make sure I'm not harvesting too early.

While I like the cerebral high, I'd like a combo for sure. I think I'm on track but won't know til after a smoke test.

I don't know if anyone remembers my scrog fantasy that never really materialized as I just don't have the room for anything other than LST'ing but I built a scrog frame out of PVC and I've turned that into a drying rack for the inside of the box.

The screen is window screen that I bought at Lowes. It had a shitty smell to it but I put it together a week or so ago and that has gone away.

I'll mount that inside the box the same way I did the scrog, dry the buds on top of that then put the shake into paper bags underneath that. I'll shake them a few time per day, leave the fans on or at least one or two of them, turn the buds daily...etc, etc.

I'll probably also leave the dehumidifier on full time to make sure to keep humidity in check.

My question is can I put a little bit of newspaper on top of this and still be safe with the buds not absorbing the newsprint or should I just go on the screen by itself?

Pics!!

Drying_Screen.jpg
Day_101_-_1.jpg
Day_101_-_2.jpg
Day_101_-_3.jpg

Getting to the end of this grow is almost a bit sad...LOL but I'm sure the smoke will wipe away all the tears!! boowhooo!!

I'd sure like any drying/curing suggestions if you have them!

Wow, that last pic look like a bud jungle, so awesome!

It is sad to think about chopping them down after all the time we spend taking care of them... But Then I'll smoke a huge nug and forget why I was sad:)

The screen and using your box are great ideas. I'm waiting to see so I can learn something new :thumb:

Great Job!

Day 101 - Flowering Day 54

Checked in on the girls this morning..everything is looking fine. They are drying out nicely and were very light today. One more day of drying out then harvest before lights on on Monday morning.

Just to make sure I'm on track, I'll check trich's again before I harvest them. Just wanna make sure I'm not harvesting too early.

While I like the cerebral high, I'd like a combo for sure. I think I'm on track but won't know til after a smoke test.

I don't know if anyone remembers my scrog fantasy that never really materialized as I just don't have the room for anything other than LST'ing but I built a scrog frame out of PVC and I've turned that into a drying rack for the inside of the box.

The screen is window screen that I bought at Lowes. It had a shitty smell to it but I put it together a week or so ago and that has gone away.

I'll mount that inside the box the same way I did the scrog, dry the buds on top of that then put the shake into paper bags underneath that. I'll shake them a few time per day, leave the fans on or at least one or two of them, turn the buds daily...etc, etc.

I'll probably also leave the dehumidifier on full time to make sure to keep humidity in check.

My question is can I put a little bit of newspaper on top of this and still be safe with the buds not absorbing the newsprint or should I just go on the screen by itself?

Pics!!

Drying_Screen.jpg
Day_101_-_1.jpg
Day_101_-_2.jpg
Day_101_-_3.jpg

Getting to the end of this grow is almost a bit sad...LOL but I'm sure the smoke will wipe away all the tears!! boowhooo!!

I'd sure like any drying/curing suggestions if you have them!

Wow GF very, VERY nice my friend, great job. Those are some really beautiful colas, and you should be proud of yourself!

As for drying and curing, I think it was BlueDog who said it best recently, but your average temps, and humidity play a pretty big role in the method, and timing of your dry. I think curing is pretty universal, but there are varying methods. I have personally only had one run at drying and curing, which went pretty well but there is always room for improvement. So here is a post I saved that Blue posted somewhere a while back, and like I said some of this can, and SHOULD be modified to suit your conditions and preferences:goodluck:

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

Hope this gives you some Ideas, and hopefully others will chime in, as I'm a huge fan of great tasting herb and would love to hear others' suggestions...:peacetwo:

Hey guys just to be clear I didn't write that curing post, it's been floating around and I found it to be very helpful.

Nice screen GF, that should work great!

Yeah get I'm sorry Blue, I didn't mean to imply that you actually wrote it, just meant that you were the one that I got the info from, didn't know who to credit with the original post....sorry to put you on the spot brother!

damn its been like a week since ive been in here and they have changed so much, shit a week ago the purple was just starting, now look at them, covered.. lookin good bro, shit its about that time isn't?? :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom