Strains For Brains - A Brain Patient's Perspective

I'd hoped these were becoming a thing of the past. :thedoubletake: Rest up.

I've read that dabbing a big hit when you first feel a migraine starting can stop it from developing. Have you tried this?
I spoke to G2HM today, as a concerned friend. She's tired. She'll be back "mondayish" in her words, lol... I don't believe any need for concern.

Hi Everyone, What a migraine that has been. KR you def remember those. They are less frequent though. I only get them about once a month compared to weekly.

So my 420 family, I must confess, I'm going through some medical stuff that is personal. I think Guy and Z inspire me so much, and you guys are my family, that I'm willing to disclose what is happening.

I had a mammogram screening last week and it came back with a small mass. I was then referred for a second mammogram with additional angles, and an ultrasound for this morning. We drove into town early this morning and I had my tests done. The radiologist came back and said she is going to recommend an MRI because it's "highly suspicious." So now I have to wait up to 6 months for an MRI. In the meantime, she also said that we have to do more mammograms and ultrasounds until I can get an MRI cause it takes so freakin long for the waiting. I'm sure it's not an emergency, it's just another medical scare on my list of medical conditions.

So I've been dealing with this migraine and more tests and it just made me bed ridden this week. I haven't been able to watch webinars or study because it's still hard to focus, except that I have glasses on now which help. Thank goodness for the oil, it still helps me so much that first dose of the day.

I thought if Z can go through brain cancer, then my little medical is nothing. If anything I can have my chest removed, she can't have her brain removed so no more tears for me. Probably why my migraine is lasting so long.

I have my super food juice and oil, so really, the only thing I would upgrade to are capsules. In the meantime, I just wanted to share this stuff here because I have you guys to make me laugh and support me if anything goes wrong. How timely that I'm helping Guy and Z, then this happens. How lucky am I to be surrounded by all you loving creatures of brain habit.

Hoping to be back Monday-ish with no migraine. Go away brain pain, you pain in my butt...hahahaha that doesn't even make sense. :love::Namaste:

You're an amazing woman G2HM.....go get better already! I told everyone not to expect you til Monday.. ....ish!

Every time I open this forum I find more and more love. Miss grow 2 heal me!!! You are amazing I can't wait to meet u in person , lol our heads will pop off the hugs will be so real.

*That's a deal! We got nothing but love here. Thanks for dropping in, hope we can have tea one day....and oil. :)

Welcome to the home of the Brainiacs Z.
There are lots brain patients learning together here so there are many shoulders for you to lean on.

Your healing journey has just begun, I’m so glad to see you here.

Neurological symptoms can be very difficult to explain to people so if you ever need an understanding ear I’m here for you.

*Awwww, sweet, :):thanks:

Glad to see you're starting to find your way around Z.......keep asking questions......learn from these Brainiacs!

*YAY he called us Brainiacs. I love when people use that term because it's a real group of awesome supporters. That term is everything to me, the new me.

You take your time......everyone is mending as we speak!

*:thanks:

I'd hoped these were becoming a thing of the past. :thedoubletake: Rest up.

I've read that dabbing a big hit when you first feel a migraine starting can stop it from developing. Have you tried this?

*Hi brother KR, no I have not tried it. I have had eyes for oil every since I finished my first harvest. Tbh, this is something I can't afford. In fact, I didn't know it even existed until TMD arrived. hahahaha, yah I'm that far behind. I truly think my migraines are getting better. I used to have them every day in the beginning, then weekly when I first got on CBD, then now once a month since I been on oil. I see this one lengthy migraine as a simple sacrifice to being alive.

I spoke to G2HM today, as a concerned friend. She's tired. She'll be back "mondayish" in her words, lol... I don't believe any need for concern.

*Woke up and my migraine was gone. I can see more clearly and ready to continue on our mission. :thanks: How sweet you are...:hug:

Big healing hugs to you Lady G!! :hug::hug::hug: You are an amazing lady!

*My fellow Lady G, so great to have you here, thank you kindly, I am a product of my 420 family environment. Super Grow Hugs :hug::hug::hug::hug: Now we have a stacked team here with you.

You're an amazing woman G2HM.....go get better already! I told everyone not to expect you til Monday.. ....ish!

*ooops, I came back too early. I thought for sure I was in for a couple more days, but when I wake up from a migraine I get all excited and can't stay away from you guys. Thank you for caring so much, you have no idea what it means to have a 420 family that checks up on me. BIG HUG :hug:

Your in our thoughts and prayers Grow. Ask if you need us

*I need a horse, and a lab to grow medicine. That's all. HAHAHAHAHA

*I'm back to it Ninja, my smile has been recharged and ready to shine!

---------------I LOVE OUR BRAINIACS-------------------

Special for everyone to learn and incorporate into your Brainiac routines.

"This is what I have learned in the past year of fulltime rehab, cognitive behaviour classes, counselling, workshops, webinars, my own harvests, SweetSue, forums and good ole internet research...the sharing of this important information is my way of giving back. I live to research, I research to live.

-------------------------Learn like you have never learned before-----------------------------

As we continue to share information about Brain Diseases and Cannabis, we are pushing the limits of brain research every day.

Neuro_Genesis_aE.jpg

As we treat our minds with Cannabis we are opening ourselves to Adult Neuro Genesis. What does this mean?

DEFINITION: "Adult Neuro Genesis

Wiki "Contrary to popular belief, neurogenesis continuously occurs in specific regions in the adult brain. ... In humans, new neurons are continually born throughout adulthood in two regions of the brain: The subgranular zone (SGZ), part of the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus."

"There are a number of behavioural, environmental, pharmacological and biochemical factors that affect this process, many of which we have considerable power to influence.

Neurogenesis is also linked to changes in neuroplasticity, which is referring to changes in synapses and neural pathways in the brain.

There are several ways, please allow me to explain a few.

When we dose our Fresh Harvest Oil we are absorbing healing compounds of this plant in the form of various Cannabinoids. Those elements alone are enough to stimulate new brain cell generation.

The second way to promote Neuro Genesis is to challenge your brain to NEW projects or study classes. Routine, TV & couch pototo are Anti-neuro Genesis because they will drain you of your will power to create positive change in your body.

You must feed your brain and rehab it as though you would with any physio-therapy program. Taking on new projects will not only stop the proression of dying brain cells; but it will also enhance your sensories with reduced anxiety.

Another easy cognitive therapy to modify behaviour is to stimulate your five senses to open up new neuro pathways to explore and/or relearn processes that were once lost. Closing your eyes and trying to figure out the smell in front of your nose allows you to send out signals that the brain must direct to find the answer. What is it I'm smelling? This simple act of being in the moment to figure out that smell stimulates brain use thus creating a learning army that will fight degeneration.

Another common method of Adult Neuro Genesis is also through flavonoids. What you eat is incredibly important…Eating and drinking super foods will have super results.

Eating blueberries is considered one of the top anti-oxidants for your body. If you crave blue berries your body is starving for fuel to build your immune system and recharge a depleting brain.

Fish is also a great flavonoid that contains an enriched Omega 3 dosing including the DHA supplement to promote brain cell generation. Again, there are more ways that Neuro Genesis can occur with the enhanced treatment of Cannabis oil.

"Growing" not only promotes adult neuro genesis, it also creates a brain project that will target your executive functions and improve them as each harvest goes by.

Music is an unexplained neuro genesis phenomenon that will wake up the Alzheimer's Patients from a deep sleep. Do not underestimate the power of music when working as a brain patient. The music can heal a soul, a spirit, a human and even a nation. I highly encouraging to music you looove as much as you can. Not overexposing yourself to loud sounds for too long.

Animal Therapy has been proven to be beneficial for anyone with anxiety and medical conditions. But when a brain patient meets a horse for the first, amazing transcendant things start to happen. I truly believe that animals allow humans to lean on them by teaching them how to be strong. You cannot be meek and unaware when you're around horses and they will make sure you notice them. There is an intrinsic connection that begins to happen when an animal makes a connection with any patient. You could truly be yourself and there will be judgement so building trust again became's a reality.

Nature is a great way to calm the mind when it's foggy, overwhelmed or just alienated. Brain patients don't have a place to call their own because usually they are such drastic injuries that its too hard to handle society at times. Nature will calm the beast and take your mind off the shackles you wear when you're constantly in medical care. Trust routines can be done out in nature when you can rely more on your surroundings than your own perceptions. Letting go in order to regain control.

There are so many more ways we can all keep our minds active in positive and recharging ways. I have a study regime that is fulfilling my neuro genesis needs, as I write this information out I am creating new brain cells just by speaking from the heart.

Hi everyone. Here is a repost of interest from our Sweet Sue.

"The current status of artisanal cannabis for the treatment of epilepsy in the United States" published in Jan 2017 by Drs Dustin Sulak, Russel Saneto, and Bonnie Goldstein.

You'll have to google it, since it's in PDF form. Project CBD has a link to it that would make the search easier. I haven't had breakfast yet, got lost in the search for decarbing CBD.

KR, where did you find the reference that led you to believe CBD decarb was a shorter time than THC? I find a mess of contradiction that even Project CBD couldn't settle. But I found this gem, so it was worth it. Adrian's article on THCa Dosing: Less is more is so worth the read. It leads you to the PDF, through Medical Marijuana for Seizures.

I have to get something to eat. :laughtwo:

SweetSue just sent this to me. WE WIN BRAINIACS - Cannabis is in the lead even though they don't mention it, I know it to be true. We are really on to something here 420 Family.

Pfizer Is Ending Research Into New Drugs for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases

"Pfizer (PFE, -0.08%) is abandoning research to find new drugs aimed at treating Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, the U.S. pharmaceutical company announced on Saturday.

The company said it expects to eliminate 300 positions from the neuroscience discovery and early development programs in Andover and Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Groton, Connecticut, as it redistributes the money spent on research, according to the emailed statement.

Pfizer is not making any changes to research and development funding for tanezumab, which is marketed as a treatment for joint pain from osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia treatment Lyrica, or its rare disease program.

“This was an exercise to re-allocate spend across our portfolio, to focus on those areas where our pipeline, and our scientific expertise, is strongest,” the company said.

Pfizer has invested heavily in research for Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, and is one of several drugmakers, along with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK, -1.18%) and Eli Lilly (LLY, -0.05%), that is part of the Dementia Discovery Fund, a venture capital fund launched in 2015 by industry and government groups that seeks to develop treatments for Alzheimer’s.

Fortune’s Leigh Gallagher, Andrew Nusca, Erin Griffith, and Brian O’Keefe discuss what remains at stake in the failed cable merger.
Pharmaceutical companies see great promise in treatment for the disease. Fortune’s Leigh Gallagher, Andrew Nusca, Erin Griffith, and Brian O’Keefe discuss.

However, some of Pfizer‘s investments have resulted in disappointment. In 2012, Pfizer and partner Johnson & Johnson (JNJ, +1.55%) called off additional work on the drug bapineuzumab after it failed to help patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s in its second round of clinical trials.

The company said on Saturday that it will launch a new venture fund to invest in neuroscience research projects.

Pfizer is expected to make a presentation on Monday at the JP Morgan healthcare conference in San Francisco, a key annual event for healthcare investors."

Nice write-up. :high-five: May I add?

Growing cannabis also exposes you to a continuious stream of terpenes that interact with your ECS. I personally think that's why we have such a hard time when we're not growing. :laughtwo:

Have you tried pain cream on the temples, forehead, and your neck when you feel a migraine coming on? Just a thought that tumbled in as I read of your discomfort. Glad you're past it. May it be the last. When you get the dose to your personal sweet spot that may stop altogether.

My daughter hasn't had one since we started her capsule regimen over a year ago, and they were a weekly visitor that stole days every time. It's one of the things she's most thankful of with her capsules. You'll get there. :hug::hug::hug:

Hi Sue, Thanks for that thought on another benefit of growing. That hadn't occurred to me before, or maybe it did and I forgot. I did inhale deeply whenever I was in my tent, especially the last grow. Didn't quite realize how much I missed it, but good news on the horizon: I just planted some Pineapple Kush seeds to get back into juicing. :)

Have you tried pain cream on the temples, forehead, and your neck when you feel a migraine coming on? Just a thought that tumbled in as I read of your discomfort.

I just tried that for mine and it worked! Not sure if it will every time but it inspired me to buy these from amazon so I could keep some oil on my desk at work without worrying about spilling it. Waiting for the next migraine...

71f54Zg9V3L._SL1500_.jpg

Growing cannabis also exposes you to a continuious stream of terpenes that interact with your ECS. I personally think that's why we have such a hard time when we're not growing. :laughtwo:

Have you tried pain cream on the temples, forehead, and your neck when you feel a migraine coming on? Just a thought that tumbled in as I read of your discomfort. Glad you're past it. May it be the last. When you get the dose to your personal sweet spot that may stop altogether.

My daughter hasn't had one since we started her capsule regimen over a year ago, and they were a weekly visitor that stole days every time. It's one of the things she's most thankful of with her capsules. You'll get there. :hug::hug::hug:

I agree 150% I forget my pain more and am a much better mood when I am growing. It's been a couple of months since we had renovations to do and the holidays where I had to take the tent down. I loved peeking in at them and inhaling deeply! My sister would come visit and stick her head into the tent too.

*Duly noted, I will add, great addition to the neuro genesis paper that write's itself really..:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom