• Dabpress 6 Ton ($550 CAD)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Nugsmasher Mini ($599 CAD)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Honsou

420 Member
Howdy all,

I've been lurking for a while and finally joined as I'm about to pull the trigger and get my first rosin press, sorry if this has been asked in the past & thanks for just taking the time to read itšŸ˜. I have been growing my own medicine for 14 years now so this won't be a passin fad and i would prefer to get a press and not want to upgrade in like 6 months (like I did with my 3d printers, airbrushes, etc) so if i need to spend some cash I'mok to do that (just only want to spend what is necessary). The press I really wanted is the Dabpress 10 ton or 12 ton with the gauge but that's not available in Canada so I'm back to these three. I'm currently planning on pressing flower rosin but I'm thinking about trying to do some bubble or dry stuff hash when I harvest later this year. I've also seen some thca isolations done and I'm very intrigued to say the least and I'm not sure how that would go without the gauge and would love to hear some opinions from more experienced people in this scene than I am (tried about every stoner I know and no one presses rosin and they're little too no help).

Nugsmasher XP
Pros - biggest plates can do 28g/press, biggest tonnage, a gauge & calculator to get accurate material psi & lifetime warranty
Cons - is like triple the price coming in at $1800 CAD, heard they can be a bit difficult with the warranty.

Dabpress 6 Ton
Pros - decent sized plates, solid 6 tons of pressure, hard icky great things about the company, easy to fix if you do get problems after warranty period
Cons - no gauge, only 1 year warranty, can't find a many reviews out there as I can with others

Nugsmasher Mini
Pros - lifetime warranty, pretty portable, an lots of videos & good reviews
Cons - smallest plates by far they say icky 3.5 g/press, only 2 ton jack and no gauge.

Super appreciative of anyone's advice, can't wait to become a more seasoned vet and actually be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers

Warsmith Honsou (sorry I'm also a Warhammer nerd šŸ¤“)

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Sorry I can't help with your choice.:Namaste: no experience.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link
Take care

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Sorry I can't help with your choice.:Namaste: no experience.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link
Take care

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž
Thanks just posted in their this am šŸ˜

I also have a dabpress on my wish list but since they quit selling in Canada the only option is the 6 ton package from Amazon @ $529...

Presses up to 14g, good enough for me ;)

Cheers
That's one of the ones I'm really looking at, just on their ebay store, $40 more but had a prepress, some bags, collection kit & 20 bags...I'm just not sure about doing THCA isolations & live rosin without a gauge... this is probably me just being paranoid but I'm stoked to hear your experience and I'm leaning towards the 6ton Dabpress package on eBay. Hope long have you had the press and how much use does she get?

Dabpress had some deals going on!

Screenshot_20240412_122503_Chrome.jpg

That's one of the ones I'm really looking at, just on their ebay store, $40 more but had a prepress, some bags, collection kit & 20 bags...I'm just not sure about doing THCA isolations & live rosin without a gauge... this is probably me just being paranoid but I'm stoked to hear your experience and I'm leaning towards the 6ton Dabpress package on eBay. Hope long have you had the press and how much use does she get?
Did you miss the part where I said it's on my wish list ? ;)

Cheers

Just wanted to post a follow up on where I went with this. I was about to pull the trigger on the Nugsmasher XP but when I saw that is need to ship a 47 lbs press from Victoria BC Canada to Arizona and back at my expense (about $180 down and apparently $130 back pulls a $50'ish repackage fee that lifetime warranty list a lot of value... then when I looked at the cost of a replacement PID it basically lost all value + the trade in wouldn't mean much as I don't want to spent more than $2000 on a press. I ended up getting the 6 ton Dabpress starter kit on Amazon...thanks everyone for all the suggestions & help in making the decision (ended up very different than I thought going in) + extra bonus my wife's happier at $530 over $1800 (this is all in Canuck bucks)... now waiting till the 25th

Howdy all,

I've been lurking for a while and finally joined as I'm about to pull the trigger and get my first rosin press, sorry if this has been asked in the past & thanks for just taking the time to read itšŸ˜. I have been growing my own medicine for 14 years now so this won't be a passin fad and i would prefer to get a press and not want to upgrade in like 6 months (like I did with my 3d printers, airbrushes, etc) so if i need to spend some cash I'mok to do that (just only want to spend what is necessary). The press I really wanted is the Dabpress 10 ton or 12 ton with the gauge but that's not available in Canada so I'm back to these three. I'm currently planning on pressing flower rosin but I'm thinking about trying to do some bubble or dry stuff hash when I harvest later this year. I've also seen some thca isolations done and I'm very intrigued to say the least and I'm not sure how that would go without the gauge and would love to hear some opinions from more experienced people in this scene than I am (tried about every stoner I know and no one presses rosin and they're little too no help).

Nugsmasher XP
Pros - biggest plates can do 28g/press, biggest tonnage, a gauge & calculator to get accurate material psi & lifetime warranty
Cons - is like triple the price coming in at $1800 CAD, heard they can be a bit difficult with the warranty.

Dabpress 6 Ton
Pros - decent sized plates, solid 6 tons of pressure, hard icky great things about the company, easy to fix if you do get problems after warranty period
Cons - no gauge, only 1 year warranty, can't find a many reviews out there as I can with others

Nugsmasher Mini
Pros - lifetime warranty, pretty portable, an lots of videos & good reviews
Cons - smallest plates by far they say icky 3.5 g/press, only 2 ton jack and no gauge.

Super appreciative of anyone's advice, can't wait to become a more seasoned vet and actually be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers

Warsmith Honsou (sorry I'm also a Warhammer nerd šŸ¤“)
I just got a 6 ton press from HF looked on YT to see how to build the plates and the temp controller. After using it, I can't see why I would ever need more than 6 tons. My phone, as well as my head, has a timer in it. I've made rosin from nugs, ground nugs, and maybe some bubble hash. Very very affordable.

So far so good, been getting 18% - 22% returns on last falls flower so I'm pretty happy. Got a couple new strains going this year so I can't wait to put the press to even more use when we harvest. Going to a buddies place over the weekend, excited to let them try it. So far I like the 90 micron bags the best but the 120 & 160's I got with the press will still get out to good use.

Back
Top Bottom