Rosin presses and dabbing?

Chuckeye

Greetings,

Darn curiosity is tickling me again ;)

I've casually looked through threads on presses/pressing and thought the 6 Ton Dabpress was a good option. Free shipping from an in country warehouse !

But, I found a used Puff Tuff pneumatic press locally for $500 with 5" x 7" plates and includes a DabPress Puck Compressing Tool...

No hand pumping, larger capacity and I have a compressor !

Puff Tuff.JPG

Paired with a GPen Micro vaporizer I should be able to control the dosage ? I'm a cheap date :yahoo:

Thoughts ?

As I understand it, the Puff Tuff pressure is set by input PSI.

Seller says 90 psi, sound like in the ball park ?

Time and temp he didn't say. I will ask but suggestions would save me some testing time ;)

Cheers

Greetings,

Darn curiosity is tickling me again ;)

I've casually looked through threads on presses/pressing and thought the 6 Ton Dabpress was a good option. Free shipping from an in country warehouse !

But, I found a used Puff Tuff pneumatic press locally for $500 with 5" x 7" plates and includes a DabPress Puck Compressing Tool...

No hand pumping, larger capacity and I have a compressor !
I was looking into this im going to try and make one it would cost about £65 i was going to buy

cheap press for £30
load cell £5
heater plate x2 £30

my neighbour is a electrician so i was going to ask him how to heat the plates safely he also has a spot welder i can also buy the correct temperature plates 100c or get my neighbour to make a temp controller and the load cell i can connect to my laptop and download a program i get cheap oz's of shake £30 and i want to make oil with it people charge £90 for a gram of oil i don't want to pay that for it ive only smoked it twice my friend made some with a metal flask and gas but its dangerous i can get a oz and all the parts i need for almost the price of 1g of oil

71v4EK9nHJS._AC_SX466_ - Copy.jpg

sen10245_1 - Copy.jpg
61ONeo80NvL._AC_SX569_ - Copy.jpg

IMG_20230417_091628 - Copy.jpg

I've got a 6ton Dabpress and am pleased with it. I probably grow a few pounds a year and the Dabpress has been great. I would always end up with too much weed left over when the new crops were coming in. With Rosin, I am able to store it in the freezer and only keep what I'm smoking in the refrigerator.
Dabpress says only press a maximum of 14grams at a time on the 6 ton, so think about how many times you will be pressing.
I am now on my 3rd or 4th pack of 40, 160mico filter bags and I've used some 120s and a couple of 45micron for pressing bubble hash.
If your gonna be pressing pounds you might need a bigger press.
Sorry, I can't help with the used press.

I've got a 6ton Dabpress and am pleased with it. I probably grow a few pounds a year and the Dabpress has been great. I would always end up with too much weed left over when the new crops were coming in. With Rosin, I am able to store it in the freezer and only keep what I'm smoking in the refrigerator.
Dabpress says only press a maximum of 14grams at a time on the 6 ton, so think about how times you will be pressing.
I am now on my 3rd or 4th pack of 40, 160mico filter bags and I've used some 120s and a couple of 45micron for pressing bubble hash.
If your gonna be pressing pounds you might need a bigger press.
Sorry, I can't help with the used press.
Thanks for that !

Pretty well decided not to bother with the 5 year old pneumatic model.

For a Dabpress, IF I can swing the $'s I'd prefer the separate pump, just easier on my body !

Dithering back and forth ;)

The 4 ton (bolted down) with a handle extension would likely do.

I'm in no hurry to press quantities, I store in vacuum packed mason jars !

Can you say why you settled on the 160 micro filters ? Cleaner product ?

Cheers

Can you say why you settled on the 160 micro filters ? Cleaner product ?
I started with 120 micron and someone recommended 160 micron on here. I got quite a bit more rosin using a 160 and I can't tell that it's dirtier. I only smoke it though, so far. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I started with 120 micron and someone recommended 160 micron on here. I got quite a bit more rosin using a 160 and I can't tell that it's dirtier. I only smoke it though, so far. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Okay, smoke it how ?

This is totally new to me !

I'm looking at a Puffco Plus V2.0 Pen and the Lookah Seahorse Pro.

BTW > the pneumatic press sold and I now have a line on a used 10 Ton Dabpress With pump for $550.

Cheers

Okay, smoke it how ?

This is totally new to me !

I'm looking at a Puffco Plus V2.0 Pen and the Lookah Seahorse Pro.

BTW > the pneumatic press sold and I now have a line on a used 10 Ton Dabpress With pump for $550.

Cheers
I'm no expert at consuming it.
I often times put a small piece on top of flower in a bowl. I have a Lookah Seahorse Pro. A head shop opened not far from the house and I got a chance to look at it and see how it worked. It's basically just a straw with a heating element at the business end. The heating element is in the removable tip that is replaceable. The other part is just a fancy straw with a rechargeable battery built in. I've had it for several weeks, works well, no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom