Stupidface's New And Hopefully Perpetual Auto Grow: All Are Welcome!

I'm at work, but will be home and back on in less than a half hr with answers..

Cool, I don't think low humidity is the problem, it's not ideal for seedlings but I've grown seedlings with other plants in flower so I kept the RH at 35-40%. They just go a little slower at first. Good news is it's still alive and we can look into it further tonight.

And you said day 20? They definitely aren't happy. What is that soil and have you given any nutes, if so what nutes are you using and how strong? What ph have you been using when you water and what do you have for light in the tent?

Is that a heater next to it? Lot of questions I know but it all helps.
I used about a 16 oz cup as a measuring tool and used 12 cups of MG organic with a NPK of 18-10-12.. 12 cups of MG perlite which has a NPK of .07-.07-.07.. and finally I added 3 cups of generic potting soil which includes processed Forest Products, processed pinebark, peat moss, Reed sedge peat, sand, composted rice hulls, perlite and limestone.. no nutes yet.. but I have the Advance Nutes micro/grow/bloom 3 part nutrients.. I skimped on a few things and a ppm pen tester was 1 of them, only bc i got the Advance Nutes that adust the PH.. but I have no idea what ppm my water is so I've been using distilled water.. and i have a (hypothetical) 600 watt LED light that I have about 15 inchs from the canopy.. and yes, I have a small space heater inside set at 77°f..

Going to take my best guess based on what you've told me. So the soil has plenty of food in it but from the pictures it seems like the plant hasnt been able to eat any of it. Plants can only uptake the various nutrients within a specific ph range (ph is different than ppm) and i'd bet your distilled water has a too high ph. Even though the advanced nutes ph balance themselves, the plant cant use whats in the soil now. And you want to use up most of that before you start adding nutes.

With the promix i use i keep the ph between 6.5-6.7 in veg, and 6.8-7.0 in flower. I would try to get her watered with distilled water ph'd to 6.5 as soon as it's dry enough for another water.

Is the room the tent is in fairly cool? Or is the heater there just to be safe?

Going to take my best guess based on what you've told me. So the soil has plenty of food in it but from the pictures it seems like the plant hasnt been able to eat any of it. Plants can only uptake the various nutrients within a specific ph range (ph is different than ppm) and i'd bet your distilled water has a too high ph. Even though the advanced nutes ph balance themselves, the plant cant use whats in the soil now. And you want to use up most of that before you start adding nutes.

With the promix i use i keep the ph between 6.5-6.7 in veg, and 6.8-7.0 in flower. I would try to get her watered with distilled water ph'd to 6.5 as soon as it's dry enough for another water.

Is the room the tent is in fairly cool? Or is the heater there just to be safe?

The room is not insulated but I am in the process of making a insulated cardboard box that my tent would be able to be slid into.. in the insulated box, I plan on zigzaging 4 in duct up and down 1 side to act as a buffer for the fresh winter air.. I plan on using about 50 ft for the intake.. I'm not sure if this set up will work as I intend it to or not, but I feel either way I will have more low humidity issues.. ohh, also the soil mix I used I poured about a global of water thru it and let it drain out before I used it bc the N levels in the MG soil mix was .18, but .176 is water insoluble so it's all slow release N.. I was trying to flush out that N to not have too much N problems down the road..

Sorry if I seem all over the place, had an issue with my daughter when I got home from work so I'm a bit distracted at the moment and I apologize..

No worries, family is much more important.

I've been waiting until I notice the soil on top has started to dry, usually every other day, sometimes 2 days.. and i use about half a liter of water..

When they are that small i will stick my finger in 2" and if i dont feel moisture, then i water. If it's damp i wait. Might take 4 days or more between watering. It encourages (forces) the plant to grow roots to look for that water. Top will dry quickly from the air and cant be trusted.

No worries, family is much more important.

When they are that small i will stick my finger in 2" and if i dont feel moisture, then i water. If it's damp i wait. Might take 4 days or more between watering. It encourages (forces) the plant to grow roots to look for that water. Top will dry quickly from the air and cant be trusted.

I will wait to water then, that works out perfectly because I will get the ppm test strips tomorrow and then go from there.

I will wait to water then, that works out perfectly because I will get the ppm test strips tomorrow and then go from there.

Just remember you want ph test strips, we dont have to worry about ppm right now.

Haha sorry.. that's what I meant.. I know I can get the PH strips at a few local places.. but I plan on getting a digital ppm stick off amazon, any recommendations??

For ph I think the liquid drops are better than the strips if that is an option. A decent ph pen is your best bet if you plan to keep growing. I bought a cheap ph pen on Amazon and it didn't even last one grow though. Got a better one for 40-50$ and some storage solution and my plants are much happier.

Now for ppm I bought a cheap TDS meter from Amazon and it's been fine. I only test runoff if I'm having issues. It isn't as important as ph in my opinion so it's ok to go cheap.

So cannabis is officially legal here as of today. Nothing really changes for me as I've always been more concerned about someone stealing my plants, than i was about the police. So I'll keep telling the lady at Canadian Tire i'm buying all this soil to grow tomatoes all winter.

Website for my province's weed shops is up. Prices are $8-16 per gram and they have no concentrates available yet. Dont know if they'll ever sell edibles. Available bud doesnt look any better than what is in my cupboard. Bit of a let down.

Also the prices of nutes on Canadian amazon have basically doubled in the last few months. Everyone trying to get rich off this.

i have a (hypothetical) 600 watt LED light that I have about 15 inchs from the canopy.. and yes, I have a small space heater inside set at 77°f..
Is that the distance the manufacturer recommends? Sounds a bit close to me. My light recommends 24" in veg and 18" in flower. With the size of your plant, a household cfl bulb about 2" away would work well and also provide a little heat for the plant

Is that the distance the manufacturer recommends? Sounds a bit close to me. My light recommends 24" in veg and 18" in flower. With the size of your plant, a household cfl bulb about 2" away would work well and also provide a little heat for the plant

24-20 for seedling 20-16 veg, and 16-12 flower I believe.. I got the light on amazon and the brand is "recordcent".. sounds cheap I know but there was actually some pretty good reviews on their company and their LED lights..

Weed delivery came in. Wont be able to try any til tonight unless the little guy agrees to nap. Lot of money being wasted on packaging. These are just grams. Put them in a vacuum sealed bag and slap a label on it. Instead I get a box with a plastic jar inside. Box is completely redundant.

Thc levels are all in the low end of their estimates. The chemdog variant doesn't smell like fuel so that's a bad sign. Shishkaberry smells like hay instead of berries and the ultra sour has a broken child proof cap so I havnt been able to open it yet. Coooooooool.

Back
Top Bottom