THC Onlyfans' Basement Dungeon: Semi Perpetual Grow

Those buds look crazy frosty :drool: So how do you do the rockwool cloning? I try cutting the 45 stem and rooting stuff then keep em wet but I am at 1 with roots and the rest not lol

Looks fantastic THC! Lots of fatties.
Thanks MrS! if I remember correctly I noticed in your journal last week I believe that you started using BE....I'll have to swing by to see the progress. I just threw master kush in the flower tent and will start her on BE once she begins flowering....any suggestions on using MC and BE? maybe lower MC as I'm introducing BE?

Loving the frost fest. You’ve done yourself proud mate they look mint!
:bravo:
Thanks DD! I'm doing all I can with the limited time I have.

Those buds look crazy frosty :drool: So how do you do the rockwool cloning? I try cutting the 45 stem and rooting stuff then keep em wet but I am at 1 with roots and the rest not lol

Bagseed 1 was frosty! she came down august 2 and has been drying and curing! I'm wondering if it's the lights that are making my grow frostier than last...maybe strain??

I used my dehumifidier's water which was 25ppm and added 1gram of MC which is roughly 140ppm. Then I PH'd the water between 5 and 5.5 and left the rockwools in there for 30 mins. Once I take the cuttings I dipped it in a cloning solution and stuck it directly in the rockwool. I put it under a dome and left it closed for 3 days (90%-100% humidity), after day 3 i cracked the lid open and breath into the dome once a day (80%+ humidity). day 7 roots came! I leave them a little longer in the dome to continue letting roots grow. Rockwool I found actually to be the cheapest method so far, other than water in a cup method which takes way too long but is a good experiment! if they dont root after 7-10 days just keep adding water each time it dries and sometimes they just take longer root than others!

I used my dehumifidier's water which was 25ppm and added 1gram of MC which is roughly 140ppm. Then I PH'd the water between 5 and 5.5 and left the rockwools in there for 30 mins. Once I take the cuttings I dipped it in a cloning solution and stuck it directly in the rockwool. I put it under a dome and left it closed for 3 days (90%-100% humidity), after day 3 i cracked the lid open and breath into the dome once a day (80%+ humidity). day 7 roots came! I leave them a little longer in the dome to continue letting roots grow. Rockwool I found actually to be the cheapest method so far, other than water in a cup method which takes way too long but is a good experiment! if they dont root after 7-10 days just keep adding water each time it dries and sometimes they just take longer root than others!
Your rockwool method is very close to mine :thanks: I will keep an eye on mine they are all perky still but no roots

Hiya THC!
I noticed in your journal last week I believe that you started using BE
I use BE to make up what my v1 lacks over v2 and v3 of MC. It brings it in line since the newer versions have more K. My version of BE is older too and only has K in it where the new version has P and K in it.
any suggestions on using MC and BE? maybe lower MC as I'm introducing BE?
If you are at or under 6g/gal when you flip the girls then after the second week of flowering you can safely add the BE to a max of 1g/gal. This is assuming you are not having any defs prior to that and you are only using MC. Those are my recommendations for anyone using both.
Reducing the MC to make room for the BE only takes away the other nutrients that the plants wants from the MC. BE lacks those other elements.

Your rockwool method is very close to mine :thanks: I will keep an eye on mine they are all perky still but no roots
Good luck bro! patience is key....and keep in mind strain plays a big factor too! Northern lights rooted super quick while master kush was about 1 wk behind.

Hiya THC!

I use BE to make up what my v1 lacks over v2 and v3 of MC. It brings it in line since the newer versions have more K. My version of BE is older too and only has K in it where the new version has P and K in it.

If you are at or under 6g/gal when you flip the girls then after the second week of flowering you can safely add the BE to a max of 1g/gal. This is assuming you are not having any defs prior to that and you are only using MC. Those are my recommendations for anyone using both.
Reducing the MC to make room for the BE only takes away the other nutrients that the plants wants from the MC. BE lacks those other elements.

I believe I have MC v2(purchased last yr) and v3 (purchased 1 month ago), and latest version of BE(purchased 1 month ago)
As per GLN recommendations I didn't exceed 4grams/g MC while in veg. The last watering was day 2 of 12/12 and I increased MC to 4.5g.....I plan to increase by .25 to .50 each feeding until I get to 6grams or see new tip burns.
With that said, if I'm going to be using BE, should I max out MC at 6g? my plan is to start BE at 1gram once she's showing flowering pistils and then increase BE slowly for a max of 1.5g

I plan to increase by .25 to .50 each feeding until I get to 6grams or see new tip burns.
Try not to look at getting to 6g or any amount as a target. Even early on in veg you only want to increase when you see the lower leaves start to lose their greenness. When you get to 4g/gal or 4.5 then I never increase until the lower leaves say I have to.
The plant draws from the lowers first so when you start to compare upper and lower colors you'll know when to increase.
If you race to get to 6g/gal then you are giving excess amounts of Ca and Mg which causes issues once you flip.
Less is more with MC.

Try not to look at getting to 6g or any amount as a target. Even early on in veg you only want to increase when you see the lower leaves start to lose their greenness. When you get to 4g/gal or 4.5 then I never increase until the lower leaves say I have to.
The plant draws from the lowers first so when you start to compare upper and lower colors you'll know when to increase.
If you race to get to 6g/gal then you are giving excess amounts of Ca and Mg which causes issues once you flip.
Less is more with MC.
Common symptom I've been seeing is lowers dying and drying, not alot but one here and there so does that tell me to increase?

man those look like some insane nuggets! i am always intrigued by bagseed grows. never know when youre gonna find the next chemdog :D very nice

Ya bagseeds are super interestinf...i got lucky with lots of trichs. And smokes well so far, but a good cure will do wonders.

Common symptom I've been seeing is lowers dying and drying, not a lot but one here and there so does that tell me to increase?
It would be good to see a leaf or two of what you are describing. I should have been more clear on my advice as it was meant more for going through veg. If you plants were healthy before flipping then increasing MC up to 5.5 or 6g is not an issue during flower.

It would be good to see a leaf or two of what you are describing. I should have been more clear on my advice as it was meant more for going through veg. If you plants were healthy before flipping then increasing MC up to 5.5 or 6g is not an issue during flower.

These are the leaves, it will start to dry then die. I cleaned the bottom before flipping to 12/12
Doesnt look too happy right now though. Maybe still trying to adjust to new environment
20200814_182349.jpg
20200814_182341.jpg
20200814_183853.jpg

Day 74 flower for sourjack....thinking about possibly cutting her down tomorrow. Shes listed as 9 wk flower.
Shes one ugly one... @Backlipslide
20200814_183826.jpg
20200814_183759.jpg
20200814_183727.jpg
20200814_183715.jpg
20200814_183712.jpg

Bagseed 2 - day 50 flower
Colas are leaning over so much they are growing sideways and actually tipped over when I accidently left the pot too dry, stem just about ripped up. Tried to tight it back but couldnt get all the colas. Buds are looking pretty good, another 1-2 wks I'm thinking
20200814_183334.jpg
20200814_183317.jpg
20200814_181043.jpg

20200814_183623.jpg
20200814_183639.jpg

For your day 74 plant she has a ton of straight and white pistils, have you looked at the trichomes on the calyx's? I think she wants more sun still :lot-o-toke: Unless you want a super energetic stone I have read the final stage of the plants growth is all pistils being crinkly or bent up looking

For your day 74 plant she has a ton of straight and white pistils, have you looked at the trichomes on the calyx's? I think she wants more sun still :lot-o-toke: Unless you want a super energetic stone I have read the final stage of the plants growth is all pistils being crinkly or bent up looking
I'm feeling that way too...its foxtailing alot too so lots of new pistils. I'll hold it longer and see. Lower leaves have good color

I'm feeling that way too...its foxtailing alot too so lots of new pistils. I'll hold it longer and see. Lower leaves have good color
I was seeing that it was really interesting that day 74 and it was firing out new ones she is still developing a bit. All in all they all have amazing color

These are the leaves, it will start to dry then die. I cleaned the bottom before flipping to 12/12
Doesnt look too happy right now though. Maybe still trying to adjust to new environment
It's hard to really gauge the color due to the lighting but I suspect it's hungry. The top leaves have a couple of things going on. The fan is blowing right on the tops and you can see some wind damage/burn from it nearest the fan. The droopiness could be due to the light intensity. It could also be a lack of water or rootbound so there's those things to look at.

If the lower leaves are all turning yellow and dying off then it's lacking food. If the edges are browning or burning and spotting before yellowing then it's most likely Mg def.

It's hard to really gauge the color due to the lighting but I suspect it's hungry. The top leaves have a couple of things going on. The fan is blowing right on the tops and you can see some wind damage/burn from it nearest the fan. The droopiness could be due to the light intensity. It could also be a lack of water or rootbound so there's those things to look at.

If the lower leaves are all turning yellow and dying off then it's lacking food. If the edges are browning or burning and spotting before yellowing then it's most likely Mg def.

The tap water here is high in mag but I do have some calmag I can try. I repotted from 3 to 5gal about weeks ago. I was not going to water till the pot was dried since it hasdnt started flowering yet. I do see preflowers, should I start preventing from drying up completely?

I'll be upping mc next feeding to 5g, I'm guessing needs more, it's a good size plant
I lowered the light intensity to 38k...I'll bring that down a bit lower maybe to 30k until fowering begins.
The fan was just oscillating over at the time pic was taken. Leaves are consistently sad, none worse than other besides the lowest leaves

The tap water here is high in mag but I do have some calmag I can try. I repotted from 3 to 5gal about weeks ago. I was not going to water till the pot was dried since it hasdnt started flowering yet. I do see preflowers, should I start preventing from drying up completely?
Yes keep her moist now.You don't want her to dry out at this stage but you don't want the feet sitting in water either. If you were watering every three days then probably every two days would be the key now. It could be why she appears sad.
I'll be upping mc next feeding to 5g, I'm guessing needs more, it's a good size plant
Yes I'm guessing the same. I wouldn't add any exrtas until you know your MC has done all it can and you have room to increase the food amount still.

My slow window veg, 1 sourjack and 1 green crack. Green crack was cloned by my window in a cup of filtered water, changed water once only after 15 days, took about 25 days to show roots, by day 30 it was ready to be planted. Sourjack was cloned and put by the window due to space in the veg tent. This is a good way if I ever wanted to take a break but keep some clones, it's a slow method but growth is still there and fairly healthy. The window gets only about 7-10hrs of direct sun
Have been supercropping the green crack and just started on the sourjack. This method in veg is easier than LST for me, have not found it to stunt it too much either. Credits to intheshed.

They are also mostly just getting water and occasionally some mc from when I water the other plants, love mega crop for this reason too. I could NEVER go back to mixing 6-7 bottles.
20200816_125503.jpg
20200816_125417.jpg
20200816_125404.jpg
20200816_131158.jpg
20200816_131208.jpg
20200816_131246.jpg

Veg tent...lots going on but MC makes it easy. Sorry for the lighting.

Double clone in one pot is still kicking, maybe still look into grafting this plant...or might just flower it as is. Currently in 3 gallon pot receiving 4g MC. I havent pushed mc past 4g in veg...wondering if I should
20200816_133506.jpg

Bagseed 1 clone, pulled from flower so its showing some weird growth but otherwise healthy.
20200816_133707.jpg
20200816_133522.jpg

Masterkush, getting big and will be next to flower....I may have to supercrop, would be the first time I've done this in flower.
20200816_133637.jpg

Northern light, currently in 1 gallon pot, I want to keep it small to use as a mother. How long do I have before it rootbound and does if I left in a 1 gallon pot? @InTheShed from what I remember you were able to keep plants in a solo cup or small pot
20200816_133631.jpg

Another sourjack clone and the batch of clones, northern lights and master kush
20200816_133610.jpg
20200816_133545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom