Hey, does anyone know if Propylene Glycol can be used to remove the cannabinoids from the flowers and leafs of the cannabis plant? I know that Vegetable Glycerine works, but I have a particular reason for wanting to use Glycol. First of all, it is much thinner and easier to work with. Secondly, I was hoping that the process would work faster than using Glycerine.

I want to know because I'd like to create an ejuice for myself with either kief or the plant parts it is derived from. I am a habitual user of a mod and tank, but I have an extra tank that I'd like to use for vaping when I'm out in public. It would be much more subtle than pulling out a joint or trying to use some other method of smoking when I'm in the WalMart parking lot after lugging nine 5-gallon jugs of water home for drinking (our water is non potable). Usually, lugging the water home is an activity that does my back in for days, sometimes weeks at a time. And my wife-bot, Betty, is unable to help in this activity. She simply doesn't have the body strength to carry those bottles. Sometimes it is nice to be a man. Sometimes not.

So if you know about the Propylene Glycol, I'd be grateful for your knowledge and advice.

There was a thread on this a while ago. Making Cannabis E-liquid Using The Magic Butter Machine. I have done it a couple times. You need to make the base with you Glycerine (Found a place to get it cheap by the gal. PM if you want) and then add the PG to it. That is what make the "smoke" in the vapor.

For my back, I make a topical cream that work wonders. :circle-of-love::peace:

That's what I'm trying to do, but I want to use Propylene Glycol instead of the Vegetable Glycerine. I don't want to use the glycerine for the extraction, I want to use the glycol. They are both the two main elements in an evape juice. I make my own ejuice all the time.

I cannot afford to buy the machine. I would need a recipe that doesn't use it. I know there are lots online, especially on You Tube, but again, I'm trying to use Glycol for the extraction process, not the Glycerine.

Do you, by any chance, have any info on whether or not Glycol could be used to extract the cannabinoids?

Thanks for the info, though, but I'm actually looking for other info at the moment.

For my back, I'm looking to make an actual lotion, rather than just a cream. Possibly because I'm wanting to experiment and develop my own recipe, partly because I just KNOW there are other lotioncrafters online here, and most likely because I prefer lotions to creams. They sink in better, they're not as greasy and they work wonders for relieving dry skin itch -- which I have a lot of on my back.

That's what I'm trying to do, but I want to use Propylene Glycol instead of the Vegetable Glycerine. I don't want to use the glycerine for the extraction, I want to use the glycol. They are both the two main elements in an evape juice. I make my own ejuice all the time.

I cannot afford to buy the machine. I would need a recipe that doesn't use it. I know there are lots online, especially on You Tube, but again, I'm trying to use Glycol for the extraction process, not the Glycerine.

Do you, by any chance, have any info on whether or not Glycol could be used to extract the cannabinoids?

Thanks for the info, though, but I'm actually looking for other info at the moment.

I have not found anything about extracting with PG. You need to do the extraction with the glycerin then add the PG. You can make it in the oven. It is just take more work then the MB2.

I would put 1/4 oz cannabis (ground) in 1c of glycerin and place in a pyrex or oven safe dish. Put in oven @ 200F for at least 4 hours. You could also just put it in and let it go over night. Stir when ever you think of it. After it is done, strain. Hot glycerin will strain easier then after it is cooled (but don't burn yourself ;)) Then add your PG and you should be good to go. :peace:

For my back, I'm looking to make an actual lotion, rather than just a cream. Possibly because I'm wanting to experiment and develop my own recipe, partly because I just KNOW there are other lotioncrafters online here, and most likely because I prefer lotions to creams. They sink in better, they're not as greasy and they work wonders for relieving dry skin itch -- which I have a lot of on my back.

I have just started experimenting with adding DMSO to my cream. It allows better absorption to the skin with it. Mine is a combination of infused coconut oil, grapeseed oil and beeswax along with the DMSO and essential oils of choice. :peace:

I want to get away from using beeswax. It doesn't create a true lotion, but just a thick cream when combined with the oils. Beeswax doesn't absorb into the skin easily. Beeswax and Borax is a very traditional way of making a lotion, but it is hard to get it done properly, in a way that is stable over long periods of time (say, a couple of months or so). It is very easy to ruin a lotion using this combination. I use a combination of stearic acid, BTMS 25 and emulsifying wax. All of those are much more stable emulsifiers, which is what makes the difference between an actual lotion and a concoction made with beeswax to thicken it.

I hope I"m not sounding like a lotion snob. It's just that I have a professional background in lotioncrafting that I like to use when I can.

What is DMSO, btw?

I want to get away from using beeswax. It doesn't create a true lotion, but just a thick cream when combined with the oils. Beeswax doesn't absorb into the skin easily. Beeswax and Borax is a very traditional way of making a lotion, but it is hard to get it done properly, in a way that is stable over long periods of time (say, a couple of months or so). It is very easy to ruin a lotion using this combination. I use a combination of stearic acid, BTMS 25 and emulsifying wax. All of those are much more stable emulsifiers, which is what makes the difference between an actual lotion and a concoction made with beeswax to thicken it.

I hope I"m not sounding like a lotion snob. It's just that I have a professional background in lotioncrafting that I like to use when I can.

What is DMSO, btw?

No snobbory taken. We all are here to learn from each other!!! I would love to know the make up of your lotion. I am always looking for what works best.

DMSO- Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO. This colorless liquid is an important polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water. It has a relatively high melting point. DMSO has the unusual property that many individuals perceive a garlic-like taste in the mouth after contact with the skin.[2]

In terms of chemical structure, the molecule has idealized Cs symmetry. It has a trigonal pyramidal molecular geometry consistent with other three-coordinate S(IV) compounds,[3] with a nonbonded electron pair on the approximately tetrahedral sulfur atom.

Basically when you mix things (especially non water soluble) with DMSO, it "pulls" the attached molecules (cannabinoids) deeper into the tissue. At least that is the theory. So far (first batch) it seems to be making a difference to the cream without it. I may be something to look into for your lotion. You can get 1 gal pharma grade from the Jungle site for about $40. :circle-of-love::peace:

Pain Pain Pain why do you make it rain.

The long awaited days ahead will come with butter and bread.

To take away the sadness wthin to put a smile of gladness with a grin.

I shall awake and walk about to only look at my massive stout.

When the bell rings and fight is on i will i have won the bout.

Low and high we shall sing to carry on with the love we bring.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

This ........ This desire, so sweetly expressed, is calling you to healing. It thrilled me to find this obvious celebration of your own ECS, sensing the possibility of a pain-free life, so close it can smell it. So close it had to sing this song of joyful expectation. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's nice to have a poet in the study hall. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Extract.

That's the word I was looking for.

Extract.

Thanks supergroomer. I was trying to remember where Shiggity's thread was. :laughtwo:

Magnus, the very first thing you need to be aware of is that taking your opioids with cannabis will make them so much more powerful that you'll need to cut back on them. That'll happen immediately, and it's possible to use cannabis to get completely off the opioids. There's a thread dedicated to that.

poetry in motion,
I had written a poem for you to read "on the beach" :;): and pc died on me and poem is gone.
So, when you go, just hug them all from me :hug:

I'm confident you will find the info you need here. I have found a substantial amount of information in a short amount of time. The selfless, loving kindness of others and their will to help have also helped me. SweetSue is an angel.

Sent from my 1975 Radio Shack walkie talkie.

Thanks supergroomer. I was trying to remember where Shiggity's thread was. :laughtwo:

Magnus, the very first thing you need to be aware of is that taking your opioids with cannabis will make them so much more powerful that you'll need to cut back on them. That'll happen immediately, and it's possible to use cannabis to get completely off the opioids. There's a thread dedicated to that.

SweetSue, I have already recognized this on the few occasions when I've used cannabis these past couple of years. Wow -- scary to be inside this mind and body during those times! I don't know how the dr will want to do it, but I'll take the advice of this thread you are talking about into consideration.

Do you have any advice on where I can find this thread? I'm still a little confused by this site. There's an incredible amount of info on it and I'm not really sure how to search for a thread like that. I'm not being lazy. I really don't know.

I'm confident you will find the info you need here. I have found a substantial amount of information in a short amount of time. The selfless, loving kindness of others and their will to help have also helped me. SweetSue is an angel.

Sent from my 1975 Radio Shack walkie talkie.

Thanks, Chad. I am confident, too. I appreciate your kindnesses, too, my newly found cyberfriend.

I will look into that! thank you!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Rik, there are also a ton of YouTube videos that explain it in video. I meant to post this last night, but was much too tired. Do a search for "How to make Rick Simpson Oil" or "How to make RSO." I've been finding them myself, lately.

Rik, there are also a ton of YouTube videos that explain it in video. I meant to post this last night, but was much too tired. Do a search for "How to make Rick Simpson Oil" or "How to make RSO." I've been finding them myself, lately.
Oh thanks Magnus! I'm going to look that up later this evening. I have also seen some complete sets to make Cannabis oil in some stores here in the netherlands with complete huides on how to make oil.

Oh thanks Magnus! I'm going to look that up later this evening. I have also seen some complete sets to make Cannabis oil in some stores here in the netherlands with complete huides on how to make oil.

The thread above was painstakingly put together by Tim (Moto :rip:) his wife MO and Cajun. A lot of lab testing (not available to most of us) was done during the fine tuning of the process. Without high end lab equipment, this is the best technique for the small grower / producer. :circle-of-love::peace:

SweetSue, I have already recognized this on the few occasions when I've used cannabis these past couple of years. Wow -- scary to be inside this mind and body during those times! I don't know how the dr will want to do it, but I'll take the advice of this thread you are talking about into consideration.

Do you have any advice on where I can find this thread? I'm still a little confused by this site. There's an incredible amount of info on it and I'm not really sure how to search for a thread like that. I'm not being lazy. I really don't know.

Here you go Magnus.

Using Cannabis To Reduce Or Replace Opiod Drugs

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Back
Top Bottom