if im doing an 36hr olive oil infusion with 7g of 15% blue dream how much olive oil should i use to get me to a 30:1 cco biobomb equivalent for an elderly new user treating pain...oh and do i add the lecithin im the begining of the bake or the end before the fridge

if im doing an 36hr olive oil infusion with 7g of 15% blue dream how much olive oil should i use to get me to a 30:1 cco biobomb equivalent for an elderly new user treating pain...oh and do i add the lecithin im the begining of the bake or the end before the fridge

Good morning and welcome!

Short answer is 27-30 ml olive oil for the infusion and 10 ml liquid sunflower lecithin mixed in after you strain the infused olive oil, then chill overnight and mix again to make sure lecithin has blended with oil.

30:1 cco biobomb has about 20-25 mg/ml of THC. (typical cco is 60-70% THC)

You have 7 gr @ 15% or 1050 mg THC total. Infusion will pull about 85% of that, or 890 mg. Divide that by 25 mg/ml target gives you 36 ml carrier oil, of which 28 ml is olive oil and 8 is lecithin. Keep in mind that these are ball park figures.

Oh boy a math puzzle....

Lets see 7g x 1000mg x 15% x .85 production loss = 893 mg cannabinoids

CCO 10:1 recipes are based on (8 parts olive oil 2 parts lsl ) : 1 cco @ 1000mg (700mg)
Your desired 30 : 1 needs (24 olive + 6 lsl) : 1cco @ 1000 mg (700 MG)

Because you have 893 mg cannabinoids, it would be (31 OLIVE AND 8 LSL) so about 40 capsules. These are pretty strong at 22.3 mg per capsule.

Looking at this another way, lets say you wanted a starter dose of 10 mg cannabinoids per capsule you need liquid for essentially 90 caps.

Ergo 90 ml of liquid is (72 olive and 18 lsl).

Im going to edit this to reflect KRs info that CCO is 70% cannabinoids NOT 1000.

Two other differences: I use a 4:1 ratio of olive to lsl, and I add the lsl right at the beginning step so the lsl can help with encapsulation and extraction of the cannabinoids.

thankyou that helps so much hopefully ill have something to contribute in the future

Your being here and letting us play with math was contribution enough. :laughtwo: You see they love to manipulate the numbers, and thank the canna gods for them, eh? :battingeyelashes:

Good luck with the infusion. Let us know how it goes.

Oh yes..... :welcome: to the Study Hall. Stop in anytime. :green_heart:

thankyou that helps so much hopefully ill have something to contribute in the future

Oh you have already made contributions. Lets see - you get that healing with cannabis works, you are trying to help others, and you are a learning and sharing person. Thats pretty good :thumb:

Welcome to 420mag.

Edit to add: I would not necessarily convert the entire 7 grams to same strength...maybe spit it in half OR make the strong one as a full batch then dilute some of it to what ever mgs you want the dose level to be. That would allow a slow increase in controlled stages to whatever you need it to be later.

Oh boy a math puzzle....

Lets see 7g x 1000mg x 15% x .85 production loss = 893 mg cannabinoids

CCO 10:1 recipes are based on (8 parts olive oil 2 parts lsl ) : 1 cco @ 1000mg (700mg)
Your desired 30 : 1 needs (24 olive + 6 lsl) : 1cco @ 1000 mg (700 MG)

Because you have 893 mg cannabinoids, it would be (31 OLIVE AND 8 LSL) so about 40 capsules. These are pretty strong at 22.3 mg per capsule.

Looking at this another way, lets say you wanted a starter dose of 10 mg cannabinoids per capsule you need liquid for essentially 90 caps.

Ergo 90 ml of liquid is (72 olive and 18 lsl).

Im going to edit this to reflect KRs info that CCO is 70% cannabinoids NOT 1000.

Two other differences: I use a 4:1 ratio of olive to lsl, and I add the lsl right at the beginning step so the lsl can help with encapsulation and extraction of the cannabinoids.

makes sense to me cause were talking about someone in their 70s that until last week hasnt used cannabis and only had one hit of blue dream and when asked how he felt and said f'in awesome i knew it was time to do something, so thankyou and i will take ur advice

and ss i have read your posts for a while and wanted to let u know that ur joyful expression mantra has inspired me to take a look at myself and make a couple changes. one is finding something about someone regardless of gender or description and let them know that thing is cool and watch them smile, thanks for all u share

and ss i have read your posts for a while and wanted to let u know that ur joyful expression mantra has inspired me to take a look at myself and make a couple changes. one is finding something about someone regardless of gender or description and let them know that thing is cool and watch them smile, thanks for all u share

Why thank you Chainsaw. :hug: That made my day. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Two other differences: I use a 4:1 ratio of olive to lsl, and I add the lsl right at the beginning step so the lsl can help with encapsulation and extraction of the cannabinoids.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that you need 20% LSL in your solution. (4:1 = 80% olive, 20% LSL). A small bit goes a long way. I can't think of any harm off hand but it's expensive. Liposomal encapsulation is used in a lot of things. I cant think of anything tat would require so much. What you are"encapsulating are tiny molecules, a lot of them, but tiny. That's a simple way to look at it but I think it's something to think about. IMHO.

I seriously doubt that you need 20% LSL in your solution. (4:1 = 80% olive, 20% LSL). A small bit goes a long way. I can't think of any harm off hand but it's expensive. Liposomal encapsulation is used in a lot of things. I cant think of anything tat would require so much. What you are"encapsulating are tiny molecules, a lot of them, but tiny. That's a simple way to look at it but I think it's something to think about. IMHO.

I''m fuzzy on the details but lecithin serves multiple roles in the bio bomb mix. Cajun borrowed it from the canna-budwig diet, something else I know few details about. In general LSL helps healing, cell repair, and treats stress related disorders besides encapsulating cco.

As far as cost it works out to 1-2 cents per dose, compared to about $10 of cco per dose at 5:1 ratio.

[/I]

I''m fuzzy on the details but lecithin serves multiple roles in the bio bomb mix. Cajun borrowed it from the canna-budwig diet, something else I know few details about. In general LSL helps healing, cell repair, and treats stress related disorders besides encapsulating cco.

As far as cost it works out to 1-2 cents per dose, compared to about $10 of cco per dose at 5:1 ratio.

Well if there are other benefits, pile it on. I had not heard of benefits of large doses of LSL. Seems like the cost would be more than a few cents but hey,that was an offhanded comment without me looking up the cost. I love this interaction. This is how we learn and refine without taking years. Thanks KinstonRabbi!

Well if there are other benefits, pile it on. I had not heard of benefits of large doses of LSL. Seems like the cost would be more than a few cents but hey,that was an offhanded comment without me looking up the cost. I love this interaction. This is how we learn and refine without taking years. Thanks KinstonRabbi!

The dose on my bottle of LSL is one tablespoon. We use much less than that with our formulations for the BioBomb. Lecithin has a long list of benefits, from protecting the vascular system from the build up of blood clots to protecting cells by keeping their walls flexible, so hardening doesn't begin to occur and interfere with cellular signalling. There's strong evidence that lecithin will repair damaged livers and enhance memory by improving brain function.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. It also balances cholesterol levels by reducing LDL and increasing HDL. I get my daily shot of lecithin in my capsules, but mainly through my consumption of two eggs for breakfast. There are, IMO, many good reasons to increase ones consumption of lecithin.

From my readings - mainly on here - the another benefit is increasing the bio availability of the solution. I don't recall my how much.

Buying it n Canada the cost works out to approx 2 cents per ml.

It certainly does increase it. How much?? don't know but certainly 2 cents worth. LOL. But more will not increase the bioavability of it. If it's encapsulated, it's encapsulated. But some are saying that it's good for you period. So, more is better. But if you want to really load it up, I would do it after the plant matter is removed from the oil. I can't see it helping the extraction process itself. However, as always, I stand ready to be corrected. LOL!

It certainly does increase it. How much?? don't know but certainly 2 cents worth. LOL. But more will not increase the bioavability of it. If it's encapsulated, it's encapsulated. But some are saying that it's good for you period. So, more is better. But if you want to really load it up, I would do it after the plant matter is removed from the oil. I can't see it helping the extraction process itself. However, as always, I stand ready to be corrected. LOL!

When I remember it I use half when I'm cooking the oil and the other half after its strained. The encapsulation we're hoping for really happens during the 24-hr rest in the fridge. What I add to the cook is simply to start the process of dispersment of particulates.

I started adding lsl in with the plant material for the extraction in part because I don't throw out the oil soaked plant material. I like to eat it so having the lsl already in there is good for me.

Now if it somehow reduces the volume of cannabinoids that get extracted. Id sure want to know that :) but even then, what cannabinoids remain in the plant material Im going to get anyway.

Back
Top Bottom