Oh boy a math puzzle....

Lets see 7g x 1000mg x 15% x .85 production loss = 893 mg cannabinoids

CCO 10:1 recipes are based on (8 parts olive oil 2 parts lsl ) : 1 cco @ 1000mg (700mg)
Your desired 30 : 1 needs (24 olive + 6 lsl) : 1cco @ 1000 mg (700 MG)

Because you have 893 mg cannabinoids, it would be (31 OLIVE AND 8 LSL) so about 40 capsules. These are pretty strong at 22.3 mg per capsule.

Looking at this another way, lets say you wanted a starter dose of 10 mg cannabinoids per capsule you need liquid for essentially 90 caps.

Ergo 90 ml of liquid is (72 olive and 18 lsl).

Im going to edit this to reflect KRs info that CCO is 70% cannabinoids NOT 1000.

Two other differences: I use a 4:1 ratio of olive to lsl, and I add the lsl right at the beginning step so the lsl can help with encapsulation and extraction of the cannabinoids.

Oldbear, a question for you please: Math chart from a while back

20:1-= 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules =-47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1-= 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules =-91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1-= 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules =-167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

Question: would 40:1 have have 23.5 mg?

:love::cco::love:

Oldbear, a question for you please: Math chart from a while back

20:1-= 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules =-47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1-= 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules =-91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1-= 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules =-167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

Question: would 40:1 have have 23.5 mg?

:love::cco::love:

May I Oldbear? :battingeyelashes: Figuring 1000mg divided between 41 capsules you'd get 24.39 mg per capsule.

May I Oldbear? :battingeyelashes: Figuring 1000mg divided between 41 capsules you'd get 24.39 mg per capsule.

I can see my fuzzy math a lot clearer now, thank you Sue :love:

:smokin::cco:;)

I can see my fuzzy math a lot clearer now, thank you Sue :love:

:smokin::cco:;)

Easy math gives me no trouble. :laughtwo: Add on a couple variables and my neurons have been known to go WTH??? Lol! I actually love numbers, and if I didn't have this crazy tendency to transpose numbers without realizing it I'd have been happy as an accountant, at least that's what I thought I was going to grow up to be.

Running a tattoo studio was more fun than accounting would have been. It's good to know I have such talented cosmic guides. I always end up where I need to be. :love:

Easy math gives me no trouble. :laughtwo: Add on a couple variables and my neurons have been known to go WTH??? Lol! I actually love numbers, and if I didn't have this crazy tendency to transpose numbers without realizing it I'd have been happy as an accountant, at least that's what I thought I was going to grow up to be.

Running a tattoo studio was more fun than accounting would have been. It's good to know I have such talented cosmic guides. I always end up where I need to be. :love:

HOG WASH! A couple of my accounts are tattoo studios and the owners tell me frequently how much of a pain in the ass (or wherever you get you tattoos) it is to work with tattoo artists all day (when they show up). Whereas making sure the tenants have been billed for every little thing in the lease is pure heaven to me. (Owners are too happy about that part but at least one still likes me better than her artists. :biglaugh:)

Then again, you make everything fun. :)

The dose on my bottle of LSL is one tablespoon. We use much less than that with our formulations for the BioBomb. Lecithin has a long list of benefits, from protecting the vascular system from the build up of blood clots to protecting cells by keeping their walls flexible, so hardening doesn't begin to occur and interfere with cellular signalling. There's strong evidence that lecithin will repair damaged livers and enhance memory by improving brain function.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. It also balances cholesterol levels by reducing LDL and increasing HDL. I get my daily shot of lecithin in my capsules, but mainly through my consumption of two eggs for breakfast. There are, IMO, many good reasons to increase ones consumption of lecithin.

Wow. Thanks for the info. I spent all my time so far learning about the encapsulation process. Never read a label or researched the med side. That sounds really promising. Love the part about the vascular system.

HOG WASH! A couple of my accounts are tattoo studios and the owners tell me frequently how much of a pain in the ass (or wherever you get you tattoos) it is to work with tattoo artists all day (when they show up). Whereas making sure the tenants have been billed for every little thing in the lease is pure heaven to me. (Owners are too happy about that part but at least one still likes me better than her artists. :biglaugh:)

Then again, you make everything fun. :)

LMAO! I can relate Kinston Rabbi! ..."and they still like me better than the artists" Priceless.

The loss of terpenes in the hot oven decarboxylation process is recognized as being inevitable, but do we know the extent of this loss? Two researchers investigated this loss of terpenes and presented their findings back in 2013. Cannabis Oil - Chemical Evaluation of an Upcoming Cannabis-based Medicine | Gas Chromatography | High Performance Liquid Chromatography

The paper by Romano & Hazekamp makes for interesting reading, but I have copied the plots most relevant to my discussion (see below). For each terpene they measured, the authors present 3 columns: the left-most in light grey is the level of that terpene in the raw bud (the control), the mid-grey column represents the proportion of that terpene remaining after just 5 minutes at 100°C, and the short black column represents the amount of terpene remaining after 30 minutes at 145°C.

terpenes_retained_after_heating.jpg

I am dismayed to observe that for almost every terpene investigated, the black column is non-existent—there remains no measurable amount of that terpene after their hot oven decarboxylation. It seems a crying shame to select medicinal strains according to their desirable constituents, including terpenes, but then rid it of almost all the terpenes during the decarb. This astonishing result lends support to those who contend the optimal medicinal CCO to be a combination of both cooked decarbed oil and raw undecarbed oil.

The loss of terpenes in the hot oven decarboxylation process is recognized as being inevitable, but do we know the extent of this loss? Two researchers investigated this loss of terpenes and presented their findings back in 2013. Cannabis Oil - Chemical Evaluation of an Upcoming Cannabis-based Medicine | Gas Chromatography | High Performance Liquid Chromatography

The paper by Romano & Hazekamp makes for interesting reading, but I have copied the plots most relevant to my discussion (see below). For each terpene they measured, the authors present 3 columns: the left-most in light grey is the level of that terpene in the raw bud (the control), the mid-grey column represents the proportion of that terpene remaining after just 5 minutes at 100°C, and the short black column represents the amount of terpene remaining after 30 minutes at 145°C.

I am dismayed to observe that for almost every terpene investigated, the black column is non-existent—there remains no measurable amount of that terpene after their hot oven decarboxylation. It seems a crying shame to select medicinal strains according to their desirable constituents, including terpenes, but then rid it of almost all the terpenes during the decarb. This astonishing result lends support to those who contend the optimal medicinal CCO to be a combination of both cooked decarbed oil and raw undecarbed oil.

I couldn't agree with you more, which explains my passionate interest in both the low and slo drying process and FHO. I realize you can overcome terpene loss by eating a healthy and varied diet, but those components have a synergistic effect in the oils as well, and it occurs to me that if we go through the trouble to grow them for the terps we might be well-advised to keep them in the medicine we produce from those charges we successfully brought to harvest.

Cannabis oil will heal without the terpenes, obviously. It'll do a more complete job with all of the players on board.

Thank you for this information. I'll look through it more deeply later.

Im wondering if the results change if you decarb the plant material while its saturated with olive and lsl oils?

I've often wondered the same thing Oldbear. Someday we'll have some FHO tested and contrasted with CCO and we'll see what effect that has on terpene retention. We know CCO production destroys the terps. I'm hoping the carrier oil infusions do the opposite.

So, this morning I used bought CBD oil 6%CBD and the manual says: Don't cross the recommended dosage! HA Don't tell me what to do Oil! I need CBD so let me take as much as I want!

Hahaha! Is there any THC in that formulation? If not, might I suggest you potentiate the CBD oil with a single hit of something that has a nice THC value. Together the cannabinoids are much more effective as a healing modality than individually.

Hahaha! Is there any THC in that formulation? If not, might I suggest you potentiate the CBD oil with a single hit of something that has a nice THC value. Together the cannabinoids are much more effective as a healing modality than individually.
No it's actually not legal to sell CBD oil with THC in it and well, I have enough of my own cannabis so I might hit that up!

No it's actually not legal to sell CBD oil with THC in it and well, I have enough of my own cannabis so I might hit that up!

This is one of those archaic restrictions that we'll see fall away as education on the ECS spreads.

I'm weeks behind on this thread but I just read this article that I thought might be of interest to some of you here:

Atlanta Buyers Club: Inside the CBD Underground in the American South | Leafly

Thanks, Sue for letting me post this random but cannabis-related message here.

:circle-of-love:

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful article! It seems as though it really is like the mafia running things in the south. This quote from the article is spot on!

"In the South, CBD-only laws seem to protect mostly the re-election prospects of those politicians too timid to create true medical cannabis programs."

There doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to get them all without a combo. What could it hurt anyway? With everyone working on the best extraction methods of each part of possible contenders, I think it will come together nicely in the end.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful article! It seems as though it really is like the mafia running things in the south. This quote from the article is spot on!

"In the South, CBD-only laws seem to protect mostly the re-election prospects of those politicians too timid to create true medical cannabis programs."

That was a good read, wasn't it? Frustrating, if I let it be, and it's a constant battle not to. All this knee-jerk legislation by politicians who have no understanding of the science involved, and all of it stemming from our federal government's steadfast resistance to doing the right thing and removing the plant from the schedule at all.

Thank you again Hash Girl. It reinforced my drive to keep educating about the ECS and how cannabis isn't something we need to be afraid of.

Back
Top Bottom