Magnus, I don't know how suppositories would work at low doses for anxiety. I can say that I do feel some of the non-euphoric effects from the meds I take, but that's at high doses. I expect there would be some effect at lower doses, but no idea what dosage to start with.

As far as treating depression with MMJ, I see nothing wrong with it. I've tried 2 dozen anti-depressants over my life, some of which messed me up in ways that few MJ strains do. It's not just covering up the pain. At low level it boosts mood and also stimulates ECS to help healing, same as it does for so many other ailments. It has an immediate effect that antidepressants lack, but it does treat the underlying conditions in way that eventually you won't need it, also unlike antidepressants. It can be used inappropriately too, but from what you've posted so far I don't think that will be the case.

White Widow is the best mood lifter I've tried. I've needed it a few times this winter. It doesn't take very much to get mood lifting effect, and it's very balanced. It is a hybrid with some sativa, but I have not heard of it being a problem for anxiety. And unlike a purer indica it doesn't make me sleepy, but it does help me sleep, which is something else you may need help with now.

Heart goes out to you. I know it hurts beyond description, but opening up here you've really shown a strong side. Step by step you're gonna make it. You already knew that, but it can't hurt to hear it again.
:Namaste:

I am actually looking for a way to deal with my anxiety without getting high. You say, KingstonRabbi, that you don't get high from suppositories? Am I to understand that most people would get high from them? Is there another means of dosing that I could use that would not get me high but would still control my anxiety? I had thought that suppositories would be the way to go, but I suppose not. I know already that an oral tincture would get me high, and I know that smoking/vaping gets me high. Is there no other way to dose this medication that would not get me high?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a terrible anxiety about driving, especially in the winter. I have to drive 11 km on back country, gravel roads that are seldom cleared or cleaned by my county, just to get to the highway. And night driving, at any time of the year, terrifies me. I do everything I can not to drive, but sometimes it has to be done. Before, my wife would do all the driving, but with her leaving me come the middle of March (that's when the party ends, I was told last night), I'm going to have to do much more driving myself.

And I'm just terrified, right now.

I don't want to have to continue taking my Ativan, but at least I can drive without being stoned on it.

Magnus, I think you misunderstood about the suppositories. Properly inserted the suppositories won't give you euphoria. What KR alluded to was that if he misjudges the depth and inserts too deep he does in fact get very, very high. He's taking an enormous dose, so that's not surprising. But his life demands that he be able to medicate and still function in everyday life

I would think suppositories would be a good option for you to explore.

Having said that, my daughter found almost immediate relief with a simple protocol of capsules containing an infused oil made from a plant with a balanced ratio of THC:CBD. This is something you haven't explored yet. Don't close that door before you try it. It's the simplest option before you.

I was looking back over my recommendations, and I think given your level of anxiety you'd be better off sticking with something in a hybrid or an indica. Be cautious about the sativas. I love sativas, but they send my daughter into panic mode. She's the one treating anxiety.

I am actually looking for a way to deal with my anxiety without getting high. You say, KingstonRabbi, that you don't get high from suppositories? Am I to understand that most people would get high from them? Is there another means of dosing that I could use that would not get me high but would still control my anxiety? I had thought that suppositories would be the way to go, but I suppose not. I know already that an oral tincture would get me high, and I know that smoking/vaping gets me high. Is there no other way to dose this medication that would not get me high?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a terrible anxiety about driving, especially in the winter. I have to drive 11 km on back country, gravel roads that are seldom cleared or cleaned by my county, just to get to the highway. And night driving, at any time of the year, terrifies me. I do everything I can not to drive, but sometimes it has to be done. Before, my wife would do all the driving, but with her leaving me come the middle of March (that's when the party ends, I was told last night), I'm going to have to do much more driving myself.

I don't want to have to continue taking my Ativan, but at least I can drive without being stoned on it.
Magnus, I have some concentrated cannabis oil called Harlequin that is 60% THC and 21% CBD that is EXCELLENT for anxiety. In the morning I tack it on my gums (which doesn't get you high). The cannabinoids go straight to the brain, giving a sense of wholeness, joy and healing.

Magnus, I suppose it's out of the question for you to move closer to town where you could walk or take public transportation as needed?

HashGirl,

You seem so kind. Thank you for caring. I mean that.

Yes, it is out of the question.

1) I am the loving caretaker of 2 large dogs who have lived inside the house all their lives. They are not cut out to be outside dogs. It is damn nigh impossible to find a place to live on my income which would allow me to keep two large inside dogs. That is the most important point. And no, it is NOT an option to get rid of either one.

2) My income, the way it is set up, requires me to purchase all my monthly groceries at the beginning of the month. This becomes important in the following point.

3) I live 2 hours from anyplace that would even seem to be what you say. But remember, Edmonton is not NYC, nor is it Chicago, nor is it Boston, nor any other large metropolis where public transportation is readily available and easy to use. In Edmonton, stores are very far away from where people live. I would have to lug 1 month worth of groceries around on busses and metro to get from a grocery store to any affordable home in which I would be living.

4) I have no friends, nor family I can ask to help me find a place in Edmonton or Calgary. It is very hard to find a place online and then drive 2 hours to see it, especially in winter, but even not in winter. It's just so very hard to find a place.

And I could go on and on, but those are the most pertinent reasons I can think of at the moment why I couldn't move either to Edmonton nor Calgary. I do so wish I lived back in NYC where I coudl walk or take the subway almost everywhere. Or even Montreal, where it was easy, too. But now? Now the reality of it all is that I live on a farm about 20 km away from Two Hills, Alberta, with a population of only 1,400 pax. That's my reality right now.

Sending only good wishes.

You are all so kind. I want to answer each one of you in turn because you so deserve it. Forgive me if I don't have the wherewithal tonight to do so. I am so tired right now and feeling so many hard emotions...

But, SweetSue, you do warrant return message. Thank you. For all you are trying to do. I so appreciate it. I wish I had a display case in front of me with all the different kinds of cannabis you talk about, there for the "tasting" as it were. Alas, I have to wait my time for plants to grow. Gawd, it takes an awfully long time today. But thank you, for all the help you are trying to give. Yes, you are correct. My anxiety disorder is terrible. Terrible to live with, and terrible to try to medicate.

I will take your comments, and all the comments I am getting, to heart when it comes to buying my next seeds. I didn't really know what I was doing with the others when I bought them. I was buying the Big Bud for myself and the Pineapple Express for Ginette. Now she's going to be gone before I even harvest! I guess all I can do with them is try to see if they help my own depression without giving me anxiety. Or throw it all out after it has been harvested. I wouldn't mind doing that. I"ve nver been in this to get high. Or maybe I'll try to approximate my own "hybrid" by mixing them together in my oil/vape/smoke/edibles/whatever.

I'm so confused right now it's not even funny.

But thank you all.

I have the same driving anxieties you do. Oh, man, it's bad. Once I had my first panic attack while driving, and I truly thought I was going to pass out on the freeway - Yeah, I'm terrified.

I agree with the suggestion for moving if you can so you can walk or take public transportation. SweetSue and I and TennesseeTim will all attest until the cow comes home about how good movement is for anxiety. Even if only in the moment.

I am currently taking a CBD only/mostly oil. It is helping with my anxiety, but there is no high. Apparently, I have ZERO tolerance to THC yet. I'm going to work my way up to it. You're obviously going to WANT THC for other issues and the euphoria, but anxiety at least CAN be dealt with by CBD alone. Also, I have NO idea what your options are where you are, but I'm using a raw form of cannabis, where the THCa is not activated into the psychotropic THC, re: no high. That is an option, too, if you can find it. I definitely feel like I could drive on the amount I'm taking right now.

I do hope someday I'll be able to tolerate enough THC for the euphoria :)

I'm sorry for everything you are going through. Don't try to stuff the emotions in. Feel them, but know you'll get through it.

As always, a captivating read... thanks to you all...

The question I have is regarding the terpenes. From what i understand there is a loss of terpenes when the product is decarbed with heat, right?

To decarb without heat takes a long time, right?

What about juicing? Would ingesting the whole plant be more beneficial in terms of terpenes?

As you can tell, I'm still learning..

:thanks:

We all are still learning so no worries :) :hug:
And yes, decarb naturally takes longer,, see Grow Goddess's post. SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

hi birdie I couldn't follow your link thingy. I was thinking about maybe doing a slow de carb this summer maybe with a half o.

I found this Linky. I dunno cheers.

:ciao:
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall
post 2491 I think it is.

sue, as I am estrogen positive, this caught my attention...please comment.
Brazilian researchers from D'Or Institute for Research and Education (IDOR), Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) and Federal University of Bahia (UFBA) have demonstrated in laboratory that apigenin, a substance found in parsley, thyme, chamomile and red pepper, improves neuron formation and strengthens the connections between brain cells.

Previous experiments with animals had already shown that substances from the same chemical group as the apigenin, known as flavonoids, positively affect memory and learning. Many studies highlight the potential of flavonoids to preserve and enhance brain function. While the effectiveness of flavonoids for brain health is not an entirely new concept, this research is the first to show the positive effects of apigegin directly on human cells and the first to unraveling its mechanism.

The scientists observed that just by applying apigenin to human stem cells in a dish they become neurons after 25 days -- an effect they would not see without the substance. Moreover, the neurons that were formed made stronger and sophisticated connections among themselves after being treated with this natural compound.

"Strong connections between neurons are crucial for good brain function, memory consolidation and learning," says neuroscientist from IDOR and UFRJ Stevens Rehen, leader author of the paper published in Advances in Regenerative Biology.

The research team conducted by Rehen demonstrated that apigenin works by binding to estrogen receptors, which affect the development, maturation, function, and plasticity of the nervous system. This group of hormones is known to delay the onset of psychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders such as schizophrenia, depression, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. However, the use of estrogen-based therapies is limited by the increased risk of estrogen-dependent tumors and cardiovascular problems.

Researchers believe apigenin can be used as an alternative approach on future treatments for neurodegenerative diseases as well as in neuronal differentiation strategies in laboratory.

"We show a new path for new studies with this substance," points out Rehen. "Moreover, flavonoids are present at high amounts in some foods and we can speculate that a diet rich in flavonoids may influence the formation of neurons and the way they communicate within the brain

every day brings more confusion...

once again, spent all day researching....one step forward, 3 steps back. Not that I don't appreciate everyone's advice, but before blindly following such advice, I try to research it a bit first. I have a really stressful day tomorrow with my oncologist..it ain't gonna be pretty...... Then rest of week my hubby has tests/exams.....can only imagine the myriad of tests his doc will put him thru! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$....and hubs NEVER does what is advised anyway (quit this, that & the other thing)......so, really what is the point.
Only did one dose of 50/50 tincture today, with a tad more hemp oil thrown in for good measure. It sufficed. Can't take it and still go to docs appt. (my oncologist tomorrow), so that puts a crimp in my schedule. Then Tues is trip to dispensary, then Wed, hubs doc....yada yada........Am rethinking what I said about not wanting to get high, LOL.......right now it feels like that's ALL I want to do...escape!
OK, lovelies, I appreciate the love, caring and good vibes. We'll figure it all out, eh?
Nite Nite & sweet dreams,
ali:Namaste:

once again, spent all day researching....one step forward, 3 steps back. Not that I don't appreciate everyone's advice, but before blindly following such advice, I try to research it a bit first. I have a really stressful day tomorrow with my oncologist..it ain't gonna be pretty...... Then rest of week my hubby has tests/exams.....can only imagine the myriad of tests his doc will put him thru! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$....and hubs NEVER does what is advised anyway (quit this, that & the other thing)......so, really what is the point.
Only did one dose of 50/50 tincture today, with a tad more hemp oil thrown in for good measure. It sufficed. Can't take it and still go to docs appt. (my oncologist tomorrow), so that puts a crimp in my schedule. Then Tues is trip to dispensary, then Wed, hubs doc....yada yada........Am rethinking what I said about not wanting to get high, LOL.......right now it feels like that's ALL I want to do...escape!
OK, lovelies, I appreciate the love, caring and good vibes. We'll figure it all out, eh?

Ali, honey, that was some interesting reading. Do you know the date this study was done, by chance? I take it your concern is centered on the possibility that apigenin might increase the risk of your particular tumor cells proliferating? This would be an excellent question to ask your oncologist, BEFORE you cut the cords.

I can't answer this one for you. I can only share that Cajun has never once shared this concern about apigenin and estrogen-positive breast cancer. Since his clinical speciality is oncology, I'd think this would have come up. He was just around these parts a couple days ago encouraging us once again to include apigenin in particular into our regimines. I'd trust him to be aware of this if it were a genuine concern from a patient perspective.

I'd appreciate hearing what your oncologist has to say about this matter.

We couldn't be more thrilled that you want to know for yourself. That's how this study hall came to be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Goodnight Ali. Sweet dreams of health and wholeness. :hug: :love:

We couldn't be more thrilled that you want to know for yourself. That's how this study hall came to be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Goodnight Ali. Sweet dreams of health and wholeness. :hug: :love:

Keep reading through postings, trying to gain some insight and just listening to the kind words, trying to let them soak in. Tonight she asked me if she could take it back and I said yes. Within 10 minutes she asked me to make love to her. I told her no, that it wasn't the best idea with the way we were both feeling. What!!! Does she think I'm crazy? Opening that viper's nest of eggs will only do so much damage by the time we're done. Wow. You'd think I were married to a man!

So I told her to ask me again tomorrow. Things might change by then :drool: Guess I'm a bit sensitive tonight. I hate my emotions being played with, and asking me for sex is doing just that.

Thank you all for your support today. Today was a terrifying mix of incredible sadness, lots of fear, insecurity, incredible sadness, anxiety and terror over my future, incredible sadness (hey -- did I say that already? feels like I might've...). But alas, today is over. Finally. And This boy has got to get to bed. No matter how sad he is, he needs his beauty sleep. Or recovery sleep. Or hold it together sleep. Whatever. He just needs sleep.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I do know one thing. I don't trust her. Anymore. At all. To keep her feet in this relationship? Uh uh. No way. I don't trust her as far as I can throw her, and that aint far. She wants to nap? Fine. She wants to have dinner? Fine. She wants to go into Two Hills? Fine. She wants this, or that, or those, or them? Fine. Am I gonna trust her? No way.

And that's sad. That's really sad.

Okay. Figured it didn't hurt to ask.

:circle-of-love:

HashGirl,

You seem so kind. Thank you for caring. I mean that.

Yes, it is out of the question.

1) I am the loving caretaker of 2 large dogs who have lived inside the house all their lives. They are not cut out to be outside dogs. It is damn nigh impossible to find a place to live on my income which would allow me to keep two large inside dogs. That is the most important point. And no, it is NOT an option to get rid of either one.

2) My income, the way it is set up, requires me to purchase all my monthly groceries at the beginning of the month. This becomes important in the following point.

3) I live 2 hours from anyplace that would even seem to be what you say. But remember, Edmonton is not NYC, nor is it Chicago, nor is it Boston, nor any other large metropolis where public transportation is readily available and easy to use. In Edmonton, stores are very far away from where people live. I would have to lug 1 month worth of groceries around on busses and metro to get from a grocery store to any affordable home in which I would be living.

4) I have no friends, nor family I can ask to help me find a place in Edmonton or Calgary. It is very hard to find a place online and then drive 2 hours to see it, especially in winter, but even not in winter. It's just so very hard to find a place.

And I could go on and on, but those are the most pertinent reasons I can think of at the moment why I couldn't move either to Edmonton nor Calgary. I do so wish I lived back in NYC where I coudl walk or take the subway almost everywhere. Or even Montreal, where it was easy, too. But now? Now the reality of it all is that I live on a farm about 20 km away from Two Hills, Alberta, with a population of only 1,400 pax. That's my reality right now.

Sending only good wishes.

Silence is an illusion awareness has made, a shelter away from perpetual change. Within itself it can watch itself fade , into nothing that will never change. You're not alone living in change, we're all one Being - slightly rearranged ! walleye 1/16/17 PEACE AND PRAYERS

Silence is an illusion awareness has made, a shelter away from perpetual change. Within itself it can watch itself fade , into nothing that will never change. You're not alone living in change, we're all one Being - slightly rearranged ! walleye 1/16/17 PEACE AND PRAYERS

walleye, that was deliciously poetic. Was that of your own making? I've been aware my entire adult life that we are individual expressions of the same joyful being. I like that line "slightly rearranged." :laughtwo:

So guys. Do you think I should buy a book about healing hemp and a book about growing medical cannabis?

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think you have access to better current information on any aspect of growing right on this site. It's cutting-edge, even. I'd save my money on the how-to-grow book. The hemp may heal, but it lacks the invaluable resources of the entourage of complete cannabinoids and terpenes cannabis offers. We ended up with hemp because they denied us access to cannabis. That book I might invest in as a reference piece, depending on the price.

I think you have access to better current information on any aspect of growing right on this site. It's cutting-edge, even. I'd save my money on the how-to-grow book. The hemp may heal, but it lacks the invaluable resources of the entourage of complete cannabinoids and terpenes cannabis offers. We ended up with hemp because they denied us access to cannabis. That book I might invest in as a reference piece, depending on the price.
I don't really look at the price Sue I have one hell if a budget to spend on fun things and if it's educational then it's just okay but thanks anyway Sue!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom