Does anyone out there have a good idea for a spray topical? Sometimes my wife can benefit from a topical, but it hurts to rub it on... so a spray would work. I'm just not sure how to make it..

Sue? Weren't you working with a topical recently?

I've never tried to make a spray. Have you asked at the topicals study hall?

:thedoubletake: Did a zero morph into a nine here, SweetSue? :blushsmile:

Otherwise, :goodjob:

Oh.... Missed that one. :oops: That's a significant difference in dosage strength, isn't it? Awk! I'll proofread more closely in the future. Thanks VerdantSpires. :hug:

In one gram or (1000 mg) of your bud there is 80mg Cbd and 60 mg of THC, at one hundred percent extraction. Multiply that times 20 as in 20 "grams of bud. That's 1600 mg of Cbd and 1200 mg of THC, equaling 2800 mg of cannabinoids... Hope that helps??

Then there is the extraction efficiency factor, mGout/mGin...

Butter....0.6
Ghee.clarified butter...0.7
Coconut oil ... 0.85

1 hour @ <190 F, slow,cooker.

Ethanol..... 1.0. There is no loss.

The efficiency number is really a measure of how well,those lipids chains can hold onto the extract. Removing milk fat from butter improves the taste, it's ghee, clarified butter, low fat, lol, gluten free, and it can hold onto,more thc. And cball....

* from high times , hot extraction shoot off, 2015. ...or similar....

LV

Does anyone out there have a good idea for a spray topical? Sometimes my wife can benefit from a topical, but it hurts to rub it on... so a spray would work. I'm just not sure how to make it..

Sue? Weren't you working with a topical recently?

I,recall,

DMSO... A slove the like fluid. Goes,through skin. Was a rub on instant pain relief for some back 1990. Sold in vetenarian, horse feed stores, and the like. You might find that all the extracts here mix well with dmso, and infused dmso might be a good thing.
Just a thought..

Ps. As I unders-tand rubs and sprays, they are coconut oil, or glycerine infusions...that fluid put onto effected areas. Also, have you heard of 'libroderm patches' . A peel and stick patch, loaded with lidocaine. It goes through skin into,nerves. It's helps. It's not Au natural. IDC it helps me...

I,recall,

DMSO... A slove the like fluid. Goes,through skin. Was a rub on instant pain relief for some back 1990. Sold in vetenarian, horse feed stores, and the like. You might find that all the extracts here mix well with dmso, and infused dmso might be a good thing.
Just a thought..

Ps. As I unders-tand rubs and sprays, they are coconut oil, or glycerine infusions...that fluid put onto effected areas. Also, have you heard of 'libroderm patches' . A peel and stick patch, loaded with lidocaine. It goes through skin into,nerves. It's helps. It's not Au natural. IDC it helps me...

Actually, I have some DMSO... and yes it is a carrier and penetrates the skin easily.

Its fairly thick, so to make a spray, I'd have to cut it with something, plus add the CCO...

Just doing some quick math, at 100 percent extraction. There would be 2800 mg of cannabinoids in the one hundred mls of the olive oil. Figuring to about 28 mg per ml of the oil.

That's what I come up with. It may be a lot of capsules but it's damn strong oil! 100mg dose would be 3.57 ml. I don't do caps...what's that, like 4 caps? Well, wait...it would be .88x28=24.64.....still. lol strong stuff.

Then there is the extraction efficiency factor, mGout/mGin...

Butter....0.6
Ghee.clarified butter...0.7
Coconut oil ... 0.85

1 hour @ <190 F, slow,cooker.

Ethanol..... 1.0. There is no loss.

The efficiency number is really a measure of how well,those lipids chains can hold onto the extract. Removing milk fat from butter improves the taste, it's ghee, clarified butter, low fat, lol, gluten free, and it can hold onto,more thc. And cball....

* from high times , hot extraction shoot off, 2015. ...or similar....

LV

Are you saying coconut oil is only 85% efficient at absorbing thc? I've never heard anything like that. I would think any of those oils would hold pretty much ll you want to put in there. Maybe, probably, I got lost somewhere.

Danilo...is dmso,a,solvent? If,it,is,we can arrange an extract of mMj directly into,dmso. Filter chunks, use it as medicated dmso? What do,you thiNk... we need the chemical properties sheet on dmso and we can decipher its use,as extract medium. Can be whole new good,thing Danilo....
Lvm

Danilo...is dmso,a,solvent? If,it,is,we can arrange an extract of mMj directly into,dmso. Filter chunks, use it as medicated dmso? What do,you thiNk... we need the chemical properties sheet on dmso and we can decipher its use,as extract medium. Can be whole new good,thing Danilo....
Lvm

Are you saying coconut oil is only 85% efficient at absorbing thc? I've never heard anything like that. I would think any of those oils would hold pretty much ll you want to put in there. Maybe, probably, I got lost somewhere.

Infused oils have an extraction efficiency of 85%. I'm certain you might be able to get more, but this is the accepted standard, and the one we follow when attempting to fine-tune calculated doses. Obviously, testing may show different values, one way or the other, depending on strain choice, quality of the plant's essential oils, and the precision of the extraction method.

If you're looking for more efficiency in extraction you're looking for CCO, not infused oils. Infused oils have the additional benefit of the chosen carrier oil, which can be a significant inclusion, as in EVOO.

Lvm

One of these days we'll figure out how to use DMSO, but that day hasn't yet come along. Dave Groomer tested some out on himself as an ingested supplement and his body odor was so offensive as a result that he was asked to discontinue using the product.

There's much more to be learned here, but it's such a valuable tool that we won't be able to avoid it forever. :laughtwo:

Infused oils have an extraction efficiency of 85%. I'm certain you might be able to get more, but this is the accepted standard, and the one we follow when attempting to fine-tune calculated doses. Obviously, testing may show different values, one way or the other, depending on strain choice, quality of the plant's essential oils, and the precision of the extraction method.

If you're looking for more efficiency in extraction you're looking for CCO, not infused oils. Infused oils have the additional benefit of the chosen carrier oil, which can be a significant inclusion, as in EVOO.

Sorry Sue....dense today. Are you saying the best carrier oil leaves 15% of cannabinoids behind? or That the oil is only 85% efficient in absorption ability. Two different things. I would agree that say coconut oil has 15% of it's chain that does nothing for us..... I don't think that matters cause there's plenty of room in there. BUT, I don't think that is what you are saying. I think I have gotton confused on a non point so to speak but need to ask.

Sorry Sue....dense today. Are you saying the best carrier oil leaves 15% of cannabinoids behind? or That the oil is only 85% efficient in absorption ability. Two different things. I would agree that say coconut oil has 15% of it's chain that does nothing for us..... I don't think that matters cause there's plenty of room in there. BUT, I don't think that is what you are saying. I think I have gotton confused on a non point so to speak but need to ask.

I'm saying that the standard in the field is that any infused oil extraction will only be expected to pull out 85% of the cannabinoids, leaving 15% behind in the mash. This is one of the reasons testing is such a hot topic. You really have no idea what the cannabinoid count is in any extraction without testing. It's also why we don't toss the mash, but find some other use for it.

"I'm saying that the standard in the field is that any infused oil extraction will only be expected to pull out 85% of the cannabinoids, leaving 15% behind in the mash. This is one of the reasons testing is such a hot topic. You really have no idea what the cannabinoid count is in any extraction without testing. It's also why we don't toss the mash, but find some other use for it. "

Ok. I was afraid that was what you were saying. I had not heard that. I definitely reuse mine, but I have not had a way to evaluate what was left. I may be able to work it out with the tcheck in a second extraction into fresh coconut oil. Then measure with tcheck. Don't know if its worth a lab test; which I think on that would be $80.00.

Let me just throw this out there...... Maybe, just maybe we're going about this wrong, not the wrong direction per se. I was listening to a gentleman explaining cannabis on a talk show a few days ago, on the difference between cannabis off the street and cannabis from our own backyard. Basically saying the stuff we grow in our own backyard or closet is so much better than what we can get off the street. Comparing it to vegetables from our own gardens vs that from the supermarket/mega-farms. Stating that homegrown is for the most part always better tasting and nutritionally. Of which I totally agree as most everyone will. If you have ever got to pick fresh veggies or fruit from a grove or garden you'll know what I'm talking about.
Let's take those same fresh ingredients into the kitchen, we may add some salt, maybe a little pepper or butter. Some people may go a step further and use any other spice or herb from the pantry. We slice, dice or cook to the best of our abilities. Doesn't make what we've brought into the house any less wholesome or nutritious, just better for the most part. And for the majority of the time, still better than what we can buy.
I hope you all can understand the connection I'm trying to make here. We bring our cannabis in from the garden and all we can do is decarb to the best of our ability of which most graphs and data shows is a pretty straightforward task. We try to convert THCa to THC, over cook it by to much and it converts to CBN. Oversimplification on my explanation, I apologize. My point being, fresh veggies from the garden get cooked and some flavor is lost in the process, so we usually add some seasoning for flavor. Maybe we should be looking at adding some terpenes to our freshly harvested cannabis, using the best products we can grow and adding the best products we can buy to make it all a much better product..
I certainly hope I haven't put anyone to sleep with the above statements.....

Let me just throw this out there...... Maybe, just maybe we're going about this wrong, not the wrong direction per se. I was listening to a gentleman explaining cannabis on a talk show a few days ago, on the difference between cannabis off the street and cannabis from our own backyard. Basically saying the stuff we grow in our own backyard or closet is so much better than what we can get off the street. Comparing it to vegetables from our own gardens vs that from the supermarket/mega-farms. Stating that homegrown is for the most part always better tasting and nutritionally. Of which I totally agree as most everyone will. If you have ever got to pick fresh veggies or fruit from a grove or garden you'll know what I'm talking about.
Let's take those same fresh ingredients into the kitchen, we may add some salt, maybe a little pepper or butter. Some people may go a step further and use any other spice or herb from the pantry. We slice, dice or cook to the best of our abilities. Doesn't make what we've brought into the house any less wholesome or nutritious, just better for the most part. And for the majority of the time, still better than what we can buy.
I hope you all can understand the connection I'm trying to make here. We bring our cannabis in from the garden and all we can do is decarb to the best of our ability of which most graphs and data shows is a pretty straightforward task. We try to convert THCa to THC, over cook it by to much and it converts to CBN. Oversimplification on my explanation, I apologize. My point being, fresh veggies from the garden get cooked and some flavor is lost in the process, so we usually add some seasoning for flavor. Maybe we should be looking at adding some terpenes to our freshly harvested cannabis, using the best products we can grow and adding the best products we can buy to make it all a much better product..
I certainly hope I haven't put anyone to sleep with the above statements.....

Not boring at all Jerry. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Cannabis is most appropriately viewed and utilized as a food source. Acid cannabinoids are every bit as effective as the natural ones, when dosed properly, and may possibly be the most effective barrier to disease one could choose. We've been trained to utilize natural cannabinoids because prohibition sent us underground and into the shadows and we all thought of cannabis as something we used only as a recreational drug. Remember how dangerous they said cannabis was? We allowed ourselves to be sheeple much to long. :straightface:

Juicing may prove to be the most effective cannabinoid therapy yet, but it requires production levels most can't pull off in quantity in a home grow. One of these days I'll do a solo cup SOG to prove it can be done in a closet, under 12/12 lighting.

There's already a movement in the professional field to add in the terpenes destroyed by the extraction process, and it's showing great promise. The concern is that the ratios be correct, but if one has lab tests showing the original balance it can be recreated.

Lvm

I purchased it from my local pharmacist... its called Dimethyl Sulfoxide. its in liquid form, and has a viscosity slightly thicker than water... perhaps like apple juice. That's good, because it might be easier to make a spray.

Its an embrocation, a carrier and was in popular use, years ago, with other ingredients as a muscle treatment, a liniment.

Its not in popular use now, I don't know why. I'll google info on it and we'll see...

One of these days we'll figure out how to use DMSO, but that day hasn't yet come along. Dave Groomer tested some out on himself as an ingested supplement and his body odor was so offensive as a result that he was asked to discontinue using the product.

There's much more to be learned here, but it's such a valuable tool that we won't be able to avoid it forever. :laughtwo:

Wow, I din't know...

Hmmm... I wonder if there is the same result when applied to the skin, instead of eating it?

Thanks Sue..
:thumb:

Wow, I din't know...

Hmmm... I wonder if there is the same result when applied to the skin, instead of eating it?

Thanks Sue..
:thumb:
:thumb: My dad used DMSO back in the 90's, he used it topically on a sore shoulder, when ever he used it he said he got a metallic oyster taste.:Namaste:

:thumb: My dad used DMSO back in the 90's, he used it topically on a sore shoulder, when ever he used it he said he got a metallic oyster taste.:Namaste:
We used it in the racehorse industry in the early eighties that I remember. Mixed up with anything it carries it across the dermal tissue and In a short time you will start tasting it from rubbing it on your skin. Need to be very careful as contaminates cross over also. Health benefits? Yes.. Dangerous? Yes it's a solvent...

Back
Top Bottom