Hi anyone have any thought on fresh harvest cco and not Infusion? Would this be like the psycro fresh harvest but more concentrated like cco?

Hi anyone have any thought on fresh harvest cco and not Infusion? Would this be like the psycro fresh harvest but more concentrated like cco?

Fresh harvest CCO is essentially what they do with the CO2 extractions, to my understanding, and I'd expect it to produce a superior oil, due to the anticipated retention of the terpene profile. You'd end up with the same concentration of cannabinoids, but the increase in terpenes would make those cannabinoids more effective healing components.

So what's to stop us doing a fresh harvest cco run? Has anyone tried? Harvest, freeze, wash x 2. boil off of all alcohol till before decarb, decarb oil slowly over 36 hour low temp in oven? Does it have to be co2 extraction?

So what's to stop us doing a fresh harvest cco run? Has anyone tried? Harvest, freeze, wash x 2. boil off of all alcohol till before decarb, decarb oil slowly over 36 hour low temp in oven? Does it have to be co2 extraction?

Cajun was pretty insistent that water is the enemy of CCO, and those members that tried GiGi's naturally decarbed ran into trouble with water in their attempts. Freezing freshly harvested will break down the cell membranes and release all that water as soon as it's no longer frozen. I can see great potential for disaster, but as far as I know, it hasn't been attempted yet. That's a lot of produce to sacrifice, and there's a reluctance to try something that tenuous.

Maybe someone else in the group has experience I don't know about and they'll speak up.

So having read, I think it's time to ask my pertinent question. And one of the two reasons I took my time to read (1 being a friends cancer, and how I could help)

My father has parkinsons. He's 54, doing fairly well in his stride. Has some mental issues; possibly the medication; possibly the parkinsons. He has had some "episodes" with voices and schizophrenia type actions.

Previously he has smoked Mj which was probably high thc and low to no cbd, which made him a little racey

I am wondering what one would suggest by strains, ratios, percentages?

Mainly important to control the continuous pain he is in and alleviate some of the anxiousness he has...

I'm making my capsules today, but I have the freshly dried and ground male plant I harvested: the leaves, well trimmed before drying and the male pods. I didn't go fresh because we are in our rainy period, and even fresh stuff left in the refrigerator gets moldy.

So,I adjusted Sue's FHO recipe to 25% cannabis (dried weight compared to wet), so that my ratio of green to Coconut oil is 1:10 by weight.

1/2 oz powdered cannabis to 5 oz melted coconut oil + 2 TSP of LSL. (you can adjust this ratio if you use buds instead of just leaves and pods.)

Here's what I do. I don't decarb, cause I want to preserve all the natural compounds and terpenes for pain relief and preventative medicine.

1) grind dried Cannabis to a powder and set aside
2) measure room-temperature coconut oil into a pyrex (glass, not plastic) pitcher. I add a bit over to allow for melting.
3) microwave coconut oil about 1 minute till it melts. Pour off any extra back into the jar so you have 5 oz.
4) mix in powdered cannabis
5) microwave for two minutes. This will bring the mixture to a boil
6) remove from microwave and add the LSL (Liquid Sunflower Lecithin)
7) Allow to cool naturally, stirring occasionally to keep the mixture from separating. This might take hours. By cooling naturally, this gives the cannabis time to steep in the oil for more absorption
8) When the mixture starts to firm up into a mash, use a skewer to scoop the paste into 00 sized gelatin capsules. Fill to top, then cap.

If you set the storage container on a cold icepack, the capsules will firm up while you are filling the rest of them.

Store in freezer, and only remove what you will use within a week to the refrigerator. It WILL spoil if left for long periods if not frozen.

You can store the leftover mash in the freezer for the next batch of capsules you fill.

FWIW, this works well for me, and I take them orally before bedtime for a good night's sleep.

This recipe makes between 120 - 150 00 capsules. Maybe more.

I've been saving posts by pressing the small button on the end of each post that adds it somewhwre. And then shows as a tick... how do I find those saved ones??

I've been saving posts by pressing the small button on the end of each post that adds it somewhwre. And then shows as a tick... how do I find those saved ones??

If you have been clicking BLOG THIS POST, Go to your control panel and hit BLOGS. Everything you saved to blog will be there. However, it would have been obvious because there is a dialogue box that shows up asking you if you want to post it to your blog.

What small button are you referring to?

The one that's square with quotation marks in it and has a plus sign next to it. It becomes ticked once pressed. Bottom right of a post.

That doesn't save the post, it simply let's you quote them in your next post. That icon let's you pick up that quote. To save the posts in a blog you choose the icon all the way over on the left side that says "Blog This Post." That button saves the post in your blog area, and when pressed it takes you to the compose box for your blog space.

This means all those posts you pressed saved nothing. Sorry to have to tell you that, because that's a lot of pages you just read.

Regimen Update

My daughter and I were discussing her improvements since being on a regular regimen. She's been having some dramatic events.

Twice in the last month she stopped a panic attack in its tracks. She no longer has the unnerving fear of spiders, and in fact, now she decides if it's worth killing or not, and usually decides not. :laughtwo: She now looks forward to some of the trips outside her safe home. Being out doesn't carry the intense anxiety it once was when tempered by the action of her vape pen. Now when we go out together I take a back-up pen with me, and the other day for the first time she stepped off to the side of the sidewalk and took two hits rather than suffer from anxiety on the walk home.

Today she got a call informing her that there would be an electrician coming into the apartment next Monday to check wiring possibilities for upgrades, and instead of the cycle of panic and worry that they'd find some infraction serious enough to cause her to lose her home, or worrying that they find my garden and toss me to the street, she instead immediately began configuring plans to help me hide the plants. The fact that she never fell into a panic at all fascinated her so much that she was compelled came over to share the excitement with me and discuss the implications.

Apparently, we've gotten her ECS balanced out enough with phytocannabinoid supplementation that it can handle the neurotransmissions that cause her anxiety disorder. If this is truly the case then we can anticipate that the next step is a gradual but inevitable progression of natural healing to counter the other physical concerns she deals with.

Then there's the fact that the persistent sinus infection has all but disappeared, and the frequent sick spells are a thing of the past. She was trying to remember how long it's been since she had a cold, and it's been only once in the past year that we can recall. Most of her chronic pains have fallen by the wayside as well, and those that still make themselves known are easily countered with a couple hits from the vaporizer.

I can't say enough about how miraculous this all feels to us, even understanding the science behind it. Her whole life was defined by that oppressive anxiety, and to watch it slip away with just a few capsules on a regular schedule is astounding. The better she feels the angrier she gets at the Federal government for continuing to back the lie and keep this obviously valuable herbal medication out of the hands of so many others.

Tell me again why this is illegal? Someone in power explain to me how it's possible that my freedom could be jeopardized for the simple action of growing a plant that I make into an infused oil for an herbal medication. Somewhere in our future this madness will be behind us.

I finally stumbled onto a video that will encourage me to try a direct application of infused coconut oil on my scalp.

[video=youtube;DsU1tCcAxLw]https:/wee.youtube.com/watch?v=DsU1tCcAxLw[/video]

She uses hemp seed oil, which I have on hand, but infused oil has to be a beneficial addition, don't you think? I can mix them together at an even ratio. The infused oil will be high THC and the hemp seed oil will be CBD. Together they should give me an edge on straight hemp seed.

I hate the idea of sleeping with a shower cap on, but I'm willing now to give it a try for a month and see what happens. I understand that it's the health of my gut that'll make the biggest difference. This is only treating the symptom, but combined with the rest of my regimen it just might work.

I have everything I need except the shower caps, which I can get tomorrow. I'll start treatments tomorrow night.

I finally stumbled onto a video that will encourage me to try a direct application of infused coconut oil on my scalp.

[video=youtube;DsU1tCcAxLw]https:/wee.youtube.com/watch?v=DsU1tCcAxLw[/video]

She uses hemp seed oil, which I have on hand, but infused oil has to be a beneficial addition, don't you think? I can mix them together at an even ratio. The infused oil will be high THC and the hemp seed oil will be CBD. Together they should give me an edge on straight hemp seed.

I hate the idea of sleeping with a shower cap on, but I'm willing now to give it a try for a month and see what happens. I understand that it's the health of my gut that'll make the biggest difference. This is only treating the symptom, but combined with the rest of my regimen it just might work.

I have everything I need except the shower caps, which I can get tomorrow. I'll start treatments tomorrow night.

I'm rethinking this chasing symptom control. What causes the problem is compulsive picking. The nature of the disease is that when picked the scalp responds by redoubling the efforts to scale. This sweet girl still deals with the resurgence of scaling after years of treatment. True, it's only once every six months, but this means she still hasn't healed the root of the problem.

It all starts with creating balance in the ECS. The compulsive picking won't stop until I either find the right cannabinoid/terpene combination or find the trigger for mind control that'll stop the neurotransmitter cascades driving the compulsiveness. At the same time attention to creating a healthier gut is called for. This is the root of the entire mess. When I finally let go of sugar I'll have made the greatest step towards healing.

God, I love sweets. :straightface: Doing Callanetics consistently means I can indulge and still be thinner every single day, unless I go overboard with sugar. My gut keeps trying to get me to accept that I can stop consuming it. What an addiction. It seems every time I drop off one compulsion another rears its ugly head. *sigh* This evolving shit gets tiresome sometimes. :laughtwo:

If I'm looking to heal the psoriasis I'll be tending to my diet and keep looking for the ratio that'll do the most good for healing. We have a number of members running Candida. With a potential for 20% CBD it sounds enticing. I'm feeling confident it's going to take a significant amount of CBD to get the job done properly.

More than two decades of dealing with this. I'm ready to have it behind me. Ready enough to be thinking that at 63 I can find other ways to reward myself than with a shot of something sweet.

What I'm not going to do is let myself get caught in the hamster wheel of trying to control symptoms without first treating the systemic problem. I'm gonna do my best to love myself enough to stop consuming sugar.

And find the way way to stop this damned picking. I'm tempted to try one of those fidget blocks. Maybe a stress ball would do it for me. I have this maddening habit of finishing a post, hitting "post" and mindlessly reaching up to scratch and pick. If I have a stress ball I can train myself to pick it up instead. For that matter I could use a stone.

Hmmm.... it's always the simple solutions, isn't it? :laughtwo: I'll give that a try first. :battingeyelashes:

Sue best wishes for success in your sugar elimination / reduction program. I'm in month 3. Total elimination was tough for me - gotta have my banana - but a drastic reduction in processed sugar intake has been accomplished and maintained. I keep losing my pants. I can find them, but they keep falling off which is scary for the neighbours.

My psoriasis is also triggered by gluten and dairy. Most gluten free products are full of sugar.

Stopping all that makes for very basic meals lol

To add: rubbing my olive oil LSL solutions on the scaly spots works well. There is also a coal tar based cream called psoriasin available up here that works well. It reduces the scales and itching.

Sue best wishes for success in your sugar elimination / reduction program. I'm in month 3. Total elimination was tough for me - gotta have my banana - but a drastic reduction in processed sugar intake has been accomplished and maintained. I keep losing my pants. I can find them, but they keep falling off which is scary for the neighbours.

My psoriasis is also triggered by gluten and dairy. Most gluten free products are full of sugar.

Stopping all that makes for very basic meals lol

To add: rubbing my olive oil LSL solutions on the scaly spots works well. There is also a coal tar based cream called psoriasin available up here that works well. It reduces the scales and itching.

I won't give up sugar from fruits, but I will let go all the processed sugar I've insisted on continuing to ingest. It'll be tough. I live right behind the local bakery, and he starts with the doughnuts at 3 AM. Lol! I only eat two slices of bread a day, but I bet I could scale that back to one until I'm ready to release that dependence. That'll cut back on butter consumption too, since that's the only thing I really use butter for.

I'll try the oils on the scattered patches. I've been challenged since my husband passed to make myself stay consistent with things that had to be done daily, including my own capsule regimen. Our lives were so structured to control diabetes that I kinda rebelled when he passed. Two years later and I still struggle with it.

I chose a small shell to carry in the hopes that it'd occupy my hands and keep them from the scalp during those brief, mindless moments.

IMG_048355.JPG

So far it's working. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue, and oldbear, I too am trying to ditch the sugar/carbs. I was told 3 months ago that I am pre-diabetic, and immediately changed my diet. Haven't had a loaf of bread in the house, no desserts, no ice cream, no pasta, - anything that reeks of carbs. I've been on prednisone since last Oct,- should have been weaning off it quickly, but wasn't, so gained 30#, have shortness of breath, losing so much of my hair. Just a great experience! Well, on the changed diet, I haven't lost any weight!! I've been told that I won't until I get off the prednisone - which is happening, but never quickly enough. I'm so bummed! I do have a Drs appt in a couple of weeks, where I expect to find out if the lack of sugar has changed my diabetes numbers. I'm craving ice cream, my wine, and such very much. Hopefully the numbers will cheer me up. The cannabis capsules I made from trim are helping with my chronic pain in my knees and other joints, and I have found another gal who is growing right now, outside, and is willing to share some of her plants with me. Looking forward to that.

Sue, and oldbear, I too am trying to ditch the sugar/carbs. I was told 3 months ago that I am pre-diabetic, and immediately changed my diet. Haven't had a loaf of bread in the house, no desserts, no ice cream, no pasta, - anything that reeks of carbs. I've been on prednisone since last Oct,- should have been weaning off it quickly, but wasn't, so gained 30#, have shortness of breath, losing so much of my hair. Just a great experience! Well, on the changed diet, I haven't lost any weight!! I've been told that I won't until I get off the prednisone - which is happening, but never quickly enough. I'm so bummed! I do have a Drs appt in a couple of weeks, where I expect to find out if the lack of sugar has changed my diabetes numbers. I'm craving ice cream, my wine, and such very much. Hopefully the numbers will cheer me up. The cannabis capsules I made from trim are helping with my chronic pain in my knees and other joints, and I have found another gal who is growing right now, outside, and is willing to share some of her plants with me. Looking forward to that.

Kicking the sugar addiction isn't an easy chore at all. Kudos for getting there. Practice patience with the prednisone. You'll get off it completely as the cannabinoids begin helping out.

I'm thrilled to hear you located another source. What concentration did you use for the oil you made? Do you know what the strain was that you used for the infusion? How are you dosing?

Every bit of detail we can coax out of you will help someone else further down the line. So many people suffer with joint pain.

I have no idea what strain the trim I was given is - but high thc, not cbd. I used about 2 oz of dried trim, covered in coconut oil in my crock pot on low for about 8 hrs, added some grapeseed oil, and liquid sunflower lecithin. Cooled in refrig, strained in cheesecloth, remelted and put into 00 capsules. I take one, three time a day, and can feel it about an hour later. Not stoned, but definitely can feel it. Though the knees still don't work like new, they don't hurt anywhere near as much as they did without it.

I gave some of the capsules to my granddaughter who suffers greatly from migraines, but she's been unwilling to try them as she's also going through heart problems - tachycardia - resting heart rate of 150. She ended up in cardiac ICU a week ago. Also has low blood pressure. The latter has us worried about her using cannabis for the other problems. She lives alone many hours away from us, so we worry a lot. SHe's 21 and going to cosmetology school, so on her feet 8 hrs a day, when she can get there, due to the migraines/racing heart. She did try vaping a few months ago while she was visiting a cousin, and liked it, but I just can't afford the equipment for her. I'm hoping the Dr's can get the heart under control, then we can work on MJ for the migraines, Maybe?

Back
Top Bottom