Hi Sue,
What strain is your daughter using for break through anxiety? Is it the critical cure? I'm looking for something for my wife and she's very sensitive to dosing, had a few bad reactions to what I had at time. Medical Mass I have now is 1:1 indica similar I think to Critical Cure. Also considering a CBD e-cig for her.

Which reminds me, have you heard from Sara recently and how she's doing?

Hi Sue,
What strain is your daughter using for break through anxiety? Is it the critical cure? I'm looking for something for my wife and she's very sensitive to dosing, had a few bad reactions to what I had at time. Medical Mass I have now is 1:1 indica similar I think to Critical Cure. Also considering a CBD e-cig for her.

Which reminds me, have you heard from Sara recently and how she's doing?

Yes, it's the CBD Critical Cure from Barney's Farm, and a 2:1 CBD:THC, which I believe has made all the difference. That additional CBD, along with the particular terpene profile, has made this strain useful for both depression and anxiety.

KR, she and I have been talking about this a lot lately, because after a year straight on a regular capsule regimen she's seeing more and more cases of things that used to send her into a panic that she now calmly manages without getting flustered. We believe it's because we're now using the FHO, which is enhanced in a way we don't yet understand.

And yes, Sara stopped at my Callanetics thread early last week in good spirits, but she didn't share much about what she's going through at the moment. I'm hoping she swings back again. I miss the girl. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Cowbelle said:
I take one, three time a day, and can feel it about an hour later. Not stoned, but definitely can feel it.

We call that feeling "wellbeing." Ain't it grand? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sounds like a good mix for you. It's a good start, if nothing else. In my opinion, any cannabinoids into a stressed syatem is a bonus. Hopefully you'll be able to get a more identifiable supply and can make some better meds, but this is working, so we won't complain.

The granddaughter's case sound particularly challenging. Proceed with extreme caution. Cannabis will drop the heart rate at the time of consumption and it will also temporarily uptick blood pressure. Both of these events resolve wuickly, but in a case as touchy as hers that could present problems.

new here with a few questions.
First off I have 1 1ml syringe of RSO oil 200mg total - so I melted chocolate, added about 1tsp of coconut oil and the while syringe of oil - made 42 little chocolate bears that have 4.something mg of CBD pr bear...
Is it ok to mix up and eat it like this?
My oil will not form to rice - runs al over my finger- even after freezing it. I couldn't dose properly - so decided to make bears.

I have one 1ml syringe of 200mg THC and plan to do the same but just with coconut oil - melt coconut oil - squirt the whole string in - fill as many bears as I can and then freeze them - eat as needed.. would this be ok?

I have no idea what strain the trim I was given is - but high thc, not cbd. I used about 2 oz of dried trim, covered in coconut oil in my crock pot on low for about 8 hrs, added some grapeseed oil, and liquid sunflower lecithin. Cooled in refrig, strained in cheesecloth, remelted and put into 00 capsules. I take one, three time a day, and can feel it about an hour later. Not stoned, but definitely can feel it. Though the knees still don't work like new, they don't hurt anywhere near as much as they did without it.

I gave some of the capsules to my granddaughter who suffers greatly from migraines, but she's been unwilling to try them as she's also going through heart problems - tachycardia - resting heart rate of 150. She ended up in cardiac ICU a week ago. Also has low blood pressure. The latter has us worried about her using cannabis for the other problems. She lives alone many hours away from us, so we worry a lot. SHe's 21 and going to cosmetology school, so on her feet 8 hrs a day, when she can get there, due to the migraines/racing heart. She did try vaping a few months ago while she was visiting a cousin, and liked it, but I just can't afford the equipment for her. I'm hoping the Dr's can get the heart under control, then we can work on MJ for the migraines, Maybe?

Is her endocrin dystemmessed up? High cortisol? Adrenaline? ...thc , weed is gonna give you relief from the immediate effects. If your endo is really messed. That is serious. Cushings, and garden to dishmise, but I,possible to ignore.. make them test and diagnose, her..tachy..is a symptom, it's not alright not 'a little out if bounds..

Unfortunately, no, not a sense of wellbeing, just dizzy and spacy. I don't like it at all - luckily since I live alone, I haven't had to try to interact with anyone while feeling that way. I can function, but it's not pleasant.

Yes, we are very worried about the granddaughter. SHe's very petite, (has never reached 100#) doesn't eat well - never has and seems to have a real hard time realizing that this could be life/death for her. She needs to eat something/anything frequently - never eats more than a couple of bites of things (even what she likes) The migraines are connected with the lack of eating, but not entirely. She's scheduled for an ablation procedure on Sept. 20 - cardiologist says she needs it done, but it's not critical, can wait that long. But in the meantime, she's not to drive, work, or go to school as she can faint at any time. A year or so ago, she was diagnosed with "exercised induced asthma", but the various medications/inhaler never worked well. It's looking more and more like it has been the heart problem all along - heart beating too fast doesn't give the blood enough time in the lungs to get fully oxygenated, resulting in the feeling of breathlessness. Then an incompetent PA prescribed meds for migraine/asthma that are contraindicated - cause heart problems!!! I found that out while looking on line to get her an additional inhaler. If we could document it well enough, we'd sue for malpractice. Last week after ending up in the cardiac ICU, they found she also had pneumonia. She's really a fragile being! In spite of being told not to drive, she's on her way home to spend those weeks here rather than in an empty apt alone, 9 hrs away. I sure wish I could help her more, but time will tell if the MJ has a place in her regimen.

Mom...please bring your daughter to an endocrinologist. Your description is so much symptom and asthma induced bs. Is not a disease.
She has something. Find it name it.
Then it has treatment plans.
Going from symptom to,symptom. Is the current dysfunctional state of,USA in general, the medical,field in particular... her heart beat is regulated by the cns. It uses chemistry to,do,all it,does. Her chemistry is fucked Up, mom. Her heart is probably ok, they can see ;
Holes
Leaks
Clogs
Deformation
She doesn't have that... right.. nothing mechanical wrong. Then it's the control system.
Adrenaline fast shallow heart beat, can't eat, endocrine
Cushings
120 other single element chemical issues.
Please get a disease not a symptom.

Btw I am 'not being insistent to aggravate. However, it's that kind of no nonesense attitude that you and daughter must take when seeking help. Treat sysmptoms. Great shot of vodka laced with oil.. great shell,be quiet and smile,maybe.

When they find the bad chemical and the root cause. All the secondary symptom subside....

Good,luck and no bs from doctors, and never from pas
Marc

Thanks for the input, Marc. I appreciate it. I'll forward your comments on my daughter, - girls mother. You might be on to something. SHe''s seen a number of Drs, but I don't know all the particulars.

new here with a few questions.
First off I have 1 1ml syringe of RSO oil 200mg total - so I melted chocolate, added about 1tsp of coconut oil and the while syringe of oil - made 42 little chocolate bears that have 4.something mg of CBD pr bear...
Is it ok to mix up and eat it like this?
My oil will not form to rice - runs al over my finger- even after freezing it. I couldn't dose properly - so decided to make bears.

I have one 1ml syringe of 200mg THC and plan to do the same but just with coconut oil - melt coconut oil - squirt the whole string in - fill as many bears as I can and then freeze them - eat as needed.. would this be ok?

Welcome PhatAzz! I love the little chocolate bears. Chocolate is one of best flavors for mixing with cannabis. As long as they don't melt they will work well.

The RSO you bought was probably thinned with another oil. Otherwise it would be closer to 600 mg/ml. That's what makes it runnier than the CCO we usually are talking about here. Instead of grain of rice on finger you can put 1 small drop on cracker or piece of bread. You should get close to 20 drops from 1 ml, about the same amount as a grain of rice.

I purchased it from my local pharmacist... its called Dimethyl Sulfoxide. its in liquid form, and has a viscosity slightly thicker than water... perhaps like apple juice. That's good, because it might be easier to make a spray.

Its an embrocation, a carrier and was in popular use, years ago, with other ingredients as a muscle treatment, a liniment.

Its not in popular use now, I don't know why. I'll google info on it and we'll see...

DMSO may not be so widely known as it possibly deserves, but it has a fiercely loyal following among its passionate supporters. There are a number of facebook groups.

DMSO is, by all reports, splashed around with great abandon by racehorse owners and those with arthritic dogs, but besides its inescapable "garlic breath" side-effect, apparently most governments mandate that DMSO carry a warning announcing it is not for use on humans, and this can be disconcerting. DMSO cannot be patented, so pharmaceutical companies want no one to be using it.....you can see it shares common ground with MMJ! :blushsmile:

DMSO is said by some to give pain relief where no pharmaceutical has been able, and it's totally legal and available off the shelf. DMSO is an extract from wood, a byproduct of woodchip processing. Its proponents use it topically and some also take it orally.

I understand that human organs during transport for transplant are first perfused with DMSO.

I have many people in my life including myself who have arthritis and joint pain, so the DMSO is very interesting to me. I just recently purchased Alphakronik's Tesla (high CBD/low THC) seeds to try to start experimenting with CBD. I just bought some DMSO and want to see what it can do on it's own while I wait for the Tesla to grow. I found some on the big auction site for $9 shipped for a 16 ounce bottle. Pharma grade 99.995% pure.

I have many people in my life including myself who have arthritis and joint pain, so the DMSO is very interesting to me. I just recently purchased Alphakronik's Tesla (high CBD/low THC) seeds to try to start experimenting with CBD. I just bought some DMSO and want to see what it can do on it's own while I wait for the Tesla to grow. I found some on the big auction site for $9 shipped for a 16 ounce bottle. Pharma grade 99.995% pure.

I know Dave Groomer's worked with it, so I'd suggest any questions be forwarded to him if you can't get satisfactory answers from us. :cheesygrinsmiley: He does follow this thread though, so he'd find the questions here too.

That sounds like the real deal. :blushsmile: Best not transfer it to any old plastic bottle, either keep it in what it came in, or transfer to glass, because it can react with many plastics and take it into your body.

There is a closely derived product, known as MSM, and it comes in crystalline form and is fed to horses to boost the health of joints. One thing I find surprising, but people who don't seem to obtain pain relief using DMSO often report they do get relief using MSM, and vice versa! MSM is taken dissolved in a glass of water or juice to disguise its taste. Unlike with DMSO, using MSM doesn't give your body a sulphurous pong. People seriously allergic to sulfa drugs need to test MSM carefully. (Note: MSM is not to be confused with a totally different compound, MMS.)

The characteristic odour of DMSO users should be worn as a badge of honor, boasting as it does of relief from years of unrelenting or crippling pain. DMSO is also used as a cancer treatment.

I know Dave Groomer's worked with it, so I'd suggest any questions be forwarded to him if you can't get satisfactory answers from us. :cheesygrinsmiley: He does follow this thread though, so he'd find the questions here too.

At the price it cost, I can afford to experiment!

That sounds like the real deal. :blushsmile: Best not transfer it to any old plastic bottle, either keep it in what it came in, or transfer to glass, because it can react with many plastics and take it into your body.

There is a closely derived product, known as MSM, and it comes in crystalline form and is fed to horses to boost the health of joints. One thing I find surprising, but people who don't seem to obtain pain relief using DMSO often report they do get relief using MSM, and vice versa! MSM is taken dissolved in a glass of water or juice to disguise its taste. Unlike with DMSO, using MSM doesn't give your body a sulphurous pong. People seriously allergic to sulfa drugs need to test MSM carefully. (Note: MSM is not to be confused with a totally different compound, MMS.)

The characteristic odour of DMSO users should be worn as a badge of honor, boasting as it does of relief from years of unrelenting or crippling pain. DMSO is also used as a cancer treatment.

Noted, thanks bud!

Hi Sue,
been keeping up wiht most of your adventures 'round these halls - you're a busy gal!

A question if you please: I'm about to make the small batch infused EVOoil as per your guidelines from about 10 pages ago. Waiting on the liquid lecithin in the post. You've mentioned that it's fine to add the lecithin later -- how much later is ok? And, can I use the oil successfully in the meantime?

cheers
:thanks:
:Namaste:

The short answer is we guess a lot. Based on prior experience, but still a bunch of guesses tied together. And don't call me Surly. :rofl:

Slightly longer answer is I have some idea of how much THC is in the plant material, either because I vaped it or it's a clone I've grown before. No math so far, just an educated guess.

The only reason I mentioned CCO was to estimate the efficiency of extraction. Sue knows it's about 85% from others who have actually done tests. Resin doesn't always equate with THC content of herb. Sometimes but not consistently, so I'm sorry for thinking out loud in my post above.

So with an educated guess on potency of herb and a tested efficiency of extraction the math is relatively simply, but just to be safe
WARNING! MATH AHEAD! Skip to bottom for easy conversions.

If I put 100 grams of dry herb (or wet equivalent) that I guess is 10% THC:
100 g x 10% =10 grams THC total.

At 85% extraction:
10 g x 85% = 8.5 grams infused in the oil.

Converted to mg:
8.5 x 1000 = 8500 mg

Last step, I used 400 ml of olive oil (or rather I will in 2 weeks):
8500 mg / 400 ml = 21.25 mg/ml.
Because I started with a guess I'll round that off to 20 mg/ml.

Now it gets really simple, because if you keep the proportions of herb to oil the same you can go straight from potency of herb to potency of oil as follows:
5% => 10 mg/ml
10% => 20 mg/ml
15% => 30 mg/ml
20% => 40 mg/ml

I hope that was mostly painless. I know I had fun. :)

Thanks KR, very useful for me.
Maybe this will help me to be able to retrain my brain to be able to "see" numbers and math again...fingers crossed ...

I'm finishing up the fresh oil run of the DDA, reclaiming the last of the oil from the plant material.

IMG_693211.JPG

I took PsyCro's advice and tossed the bundle into boiling water, and now I'm boiling off the last of that water. Next run I hope to have a pressure cooker, although that may have to wait for the next harvest. My CBD Critical Cure won't wait much longer than Thursday or Friday. I have a question though. Maybe one of you can help me understand something.

Here's his instructions on using the pressure cooker, an alliance I have no experience with.

Filled it up a quarter way with water, threw in the grass, used the immersion blender to grind it all up. Put the olive oil in, brought it to a boil and blended it all some more. Closed it up, and left it for just under 2 hours..

My question is, what happens to the water he adds to the cooker before anything else? How does this water, and the water in the plant itself, get vented from the cooker?

Also, I have this bowl of water once I removed all the oil from the surface. Can anyone think of a use for this liquid?

IMG_693410.JPG

You could maybe use that for making soap or topicals.

I don't think you would loose any residual cannabinoids in the lye/water reaction.
Maybe someone with more soap making experience could clarify, maybe Magnus8?

Hi Sue,
been keeping up wiht most of your adventures 'round these halls - you're a busy gal!

A question if you please: I'm about to make the small batch infused EVOoil as per your guidelines from about 10 pages ago. Waiting on the liquid lecithin in the post. You've mentioned that it's fine to add the lecithin later -- how much later is ok? And, can I use the oil successfully in the meantime?

cheers
:thanks:

Hi Amy,
You can add lecithin anytime after extracting or infusing the oil, even months. I usually store my CCO until I need to make another batch of capsules. I wait to add the lecithin then. The only critical part is to mix it well and give it the overnight chill so that it stays blended.

Evening Ms Sue :)

Well we would like to add to the DMSO discussion if it ok with you.
We made canna cream with DMSO and hemp oil, now it's a bit on the oily side and can stain clothing however, it's been a huge hit up this way. We have had some discussion with Sue on things that we have seen and heard from our little test group that we would like to share. 1st our dog ended up having a large growth that hung from his chest and was about the size of a softball that would turn to an open sore, we thought to ourselves, wth, let's try it out on the dog. So we lathered on a nice thick coat of this cream onto and around this growth, 24 hrs later........yea, just the sore spot could be found but no large hanging growth. Several people with bad joint pain have tried it out and yup, it's helping them as well, even a few folks that have said " nothing" helps have had great success with it. We will have more information as far as cancer is concerned in a few weeks, a friend will be having surgery in about a week and we are praying that it has at least helped and reduced the tumor size.

We can't say that this will help everyone because that would be very inaccurate but we can say that it has helped with skin issues, sore joints, sore backs, sore muscles etc in friends/family from 20's to late 80's in age. We used only Buds for the infusion but don't think that's the reason, we think the mix of everything is what makes it work in most cases. We say most cases because this is a small group <20 people and may not be for everyone. We used Sues cream recipe and just added hemp oil and two tbl spoons of DMSO, we had to add more bees wax to stiffen it up to our liking but nothing else. A friend with hand joint pain had used DMSO on its own and had very little relief, with this cream its night and day. I used it on a sore knee one night, next morning I was good as new.

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

Hi Amy,
You can add lecithin anytime after extracting or infusing the oil, even months. I usually store my CCO until I need to make another batch of capsules. I wait to add the lecithin then. The only critical part is to mix it well and give it the overnight chill so that it stays blended.

Thanks Rabbi

So what does the lecithin do then? Just hold it together long term?

Is the oil usable without the lecithin (in other words can I start using it while waiting for the lecithin to arrive)?

And is there anything particular I should consider when sourcing the capsules?

Back
Top Bottom