SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

I am going to have to hire someone to pick the seeds out of my DDA. Sure is going to be a mess. About 4weeks left.
You can pick up paint strainer bags at any home improvement store. They are designed to line a 5 gallon bucket with. About the perfect size for a small plant loaded with seeds to hang in for weeks while it dries up and the seeds start coming lose. You can even smack it around with the assurance that the seeds will stay in the bag. They are a few bucks for a three pack.

You can pick up paint strainer bags at any home improvement store. They are designed to line a 5 gallon bucket with. About the perfect size for a small plant loaded with seeds to hang in for weeks while it dries up and the seeds start coming lose. You can even smack it around with the assurance that the seeds will stay in the bag. They are a few bucks for a three pack.
I am familiar with these and I love repurposing items. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I haven't had super seedy weed since my brick weed days back in Wisconsin.

I am familiar with these and I love repurposing items. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I haven't had super seedy weed since my brick weed days back in Wisconsin.
I've been making seeds now for about a year and a half and as the plants started getting larger than 8 inches I started looking around because it was getting cumbersome. My wife made me a sifter as well with a frame and some window screening. It made seed collection way easier.

I've been making seeds now for about a year and a half and as the plants started getting larger than 8 inches I started looking around because it was getting cumbersome. My wife made me a sifter as well with a frame and some window screening. It made seed collection way easier.

Ooo.... I’ll remember both of these pointers. I love those paint strainer bags. I use them for the rice balls and to strain teas for foliars. I have silk for my oil straining.

Back to work. :ciao:

Wow - sounds like with the right screen you could collect seeds and make the first stage of dry sift hash at the same time!

I have silk for my oil straining.

Ooh - I didn’t know! Is it silkscreen silk? Or clothing silk? Any particular micron? That strainer with the MB2 is not great... and reusing the cheese cloth gets messy. Silk must be great!

Re the timber website... just a general FYI for folks, I think it helps the 420 Mag site if we go to sponsors websites via the sponsor page. ;)

:Namaste:

I saw that the QBs are gone there and on the 'zon. They are available on a few obscure photography supply sites though. I am pushing the wife for some Timber vero COBs though

I haven't had super seedy weed since my brick weed days back in Wisconsin.

Ah, the "good old days," lol, when seeds were $50 to $100 for 1,000+ and the package... was an ounce of sh!tty, compressed bud.

The selection is much larger these days, but the prices have gone up. The packaging is completely different now, too ;) . Most days, I'd rather have a neat breeder's package. Other days, I actually miss that old MexiBrick...

Making a DDA cob.

I'm mildly surprised you haven't made any DDA hash yet.

That strainer with the MB2 is not great.

I noticed (on the Magical Butter website) that they sell both a 90- and a 190-micron strainer bag. I cannot remember, off the top of my head, which of these two sizes come with the Magical Butter Machine.

just a general FYI for folks, I think it helps the 420 Mag site if we go to sponsors websites via the sponsor page. ;)

By using one of the banner links, you mean? Yeah, websites get "referrer information" about the website that someone follows a link from in order to get to the linked website - so this sort of thing helps show the sponsor that his/her advertising/sponsorship money is giving them a return on their investment.

Aside from that, it's probably a good idea to use the "comment / special instructions" box on an order page to let a company know that you learned about them and their products because of (and, if relevant, that you were positively influenced by) their being a forum sponsor. Or to tell them if/when you call the company. Or to send an email (even if you're just browsing) and let them know, and to thank them for being a sponsor. I don't know what it costs to advertise here, but I'd guess it's a pretty safe bet that it's way more than I could afford to spend to advertise "Tortured Soul's Random Sh*t I Found Laying Around the House™" :rofl:. It'd suck if a business was actually getting customers due to their paying to be a supporter of our favorite forum - but the (people running the) business did not know.

Ooh - I didn’t know! Is it silkscreen silk? Or clothing silk? Any particular micron? That strainer with the MB2 is not great... and reusing the cheese cloth gets messy. Silk must be great!

Re the timber website... just a general FYI for folks, I think it helps the 420 Mag site if we go to sponsors websites via the sponsor page. ;)

:Namaste:

The silk I use is silkscreen quality, 125 tpi. It’s so easy to clean out and dries almost instantaneously. I used the bag from the MB2 once. That was one time too many. :straightface:

I got to use my paint strainer bags today. Lol! Mine are the smaller versions and the conversation here today reminded me I had them at the perfect time. The DDA is still too moist for cobbing and I needed some way to lay the buds out overnight. Paint strainers to the rescue. :slide:

View media item 1606228
View media item 1606230
View media item 1606231
I’m gonna flatten it as one piece, without a cob.

View media item 1606232
View media item 1606233
The weight at this point is irrelevant. She’s all cob material. I just want her a little bit drier first. The container is 23 grams of that weight, and the 14-gram apical cola isn’t included in there.

View media item 1606234
Suddenly I needed some way to spread the buds out so they’d have some type of air flow around them.

View media item 1606235
View media item 1606242
View media item 1606236
Popped them into the drying tent....

View media item 1606237
....then changed my mind. I want to take that tent down and pack it up.

View media item 1606238
View media item 1606239
It’s starting to get serious now. I haven’t added much at all to the pile of my personal belongings. Lol!

View media item 1606241
Equipment now....that’s a different story.

View media item 1606240
Incidentally, I sent most of Mendocino Underdog #2 home with Jgrowlove. This is all I kept, and only for the seeds it holds.

Tomorrow morning I cob the DDA. :slide:

Right now I’m thinking of going to bed. Tomorrow I’ll be carrying the 11 boxes of ornaments down to the ground floor for pickup. I found an interested party that’ll be showing up after I’m done with BINGO! calling.

It’s been a long day. My body is saying “Sleep. Please.” I think I’ll listen.

Goodnight everyone. :hug: :green_heart:

Oh yeah... Hash Hound stopped today and we squished more oil for the daughter’s pen. :yahoo:

View media item 1606229

View media item 1606227
We had a lovely visit and got nicely buzzed. I’ll miss those visits. He always leaves the major part of a joint behind. Tonight I’m finishing up some Panama 1.

Very tasty. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

The DDA is still too moist for cobbing and I needed some way to lay the buds out overnight.

There's enough dental floss on a roll to hang several pounds of bud. Leaving them on the stems, like you do, makes it real easy - just a slight "nick" into the stem at an angle and those stems will hang directly from the dental floss. You'd have to run the dental floss between a couple of things, of course.

Hanging them upside-down when they're still untrimmed might cause them to dry into a sticky mess, though, and make the actual trimming job slightly less fun than getting run over by a small automobile. I guess it depends on how sticky the product is (but that stuff looks... like it qualifies ;) ) .

Other days, I actually miss that old MexiBrick...
Old hippy next door swears that brick weed makes the best edibles. I personally snagged some real decent stuff a time or two, my least favorite bricks tasted like laundry detergent

I don't know what it costs to advertise here, but I'd guess it's a pretty safe bet that it's way more than I could afford to spend to advertise "Tortured Soul's Random Sh*t I Found Laying Around the House™" :rofl:. It'd suck if a business was actually getting customers due to their paying to be a supporter of our favorite forum - but the (people running the) business did not know.
:thumb: what i was thinking exactly!

Good morning everyone :love:

I have arts and crafts with my senior friends and we’re having breakfast together too, so I had to get the cobbing done before heading out.

It’s been a week fermenting for the Zam x Pan cob, so I pulled it out to surface dry. It was pretty wet going in so I’ll probably let it sit out until I get home after lunch.

Are they not the most beautiful things?

I won’t need the husk anymore so I repurposed it for DDA9.

I’ll be able to have a taste before I hit the road. :yahoo: I’ll probably use cobs to travel. Obviously, hitting a bong while on the highway isn’t optimal. Lol!

Oooo.....just got a rush of what it’ll feel like to be rolling down the highway in a truck filled with my belongings.

Which reminds me that I have 7 trips down and up and down these stairs to get to. Those ornaments aren’t gonna move themselves. I’ll catch up later. :ciao:

Hey......not joy because life is so delicious.....a delicious life because I choose joy as my deliberate default and in a universe where like attracts like all the crazy shit goes around me.

Makes perfect sense to me, and it’s playing out that way right in front of you. Joy for the sake of feeling joy. I’m having fun with the concept. :battingeyelashes:

Love the way those Dark Devil buds look. I might have to grow that strain sometime.

I hope all goes well with your move my friend.

Cheers.

You’d love this buzz Ditch. It might not be daily fodder like for me, but it’s a zippy, kinda edgy high I enjoy dropping into for writing.

Morning. :hug::hug::hug:

My Christmas ornament collection has moved on to a new home.

:yahoo: :slide::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom