Taben's Outdoor South African Sativa

Evening @Tabenf! She is looking great, seems like the buds are starting to fill out! Our African sativas are long flowerers so she'll have at least 4 weeks left in her!
Regarding the clawing of the leaves - from my experience it is due to Nitrogen toxicity or wind burn. There are a couple other things it could be but the couple times i have picked it up with my grows it has been those to culprits. You probably haven't changed up your feedings so i'm sure it is wind burn. It was windy as hell in Langebaan over the weekend so i'm sure the wind made it your way too. So for now i'd check it out in a day or two and if it hasn't corrected itself i would give her a flush.
Other than that she is looking great! :ganjamon: Have you got a full pic of her i'd love to check her length?
There you go brother man

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_175952.jpg
    IMG_20190424_175952.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 75
Cool man you got anything for the purple ing?
Negative. A lot of our sativas can get fully purple especially when temps drop. I'd expect yours to color up some as you have a ways to go still and the temp is definitely dropping. By the end she may be very pretty. If that's what it is. Don't run into deficiencies like that so I can't comment . Looking strong otherwise. Keep an eye on your sugar leaves. If they look limp then pay attention.

Nice brother she really has a good bud structure and I’m confident you’ll yield well from this lady if all goes well the next couple weeks. :headbanger:

Looking good my man she is looking tasty!

It's so tough to say, i've grown a couple strains that drink lots more than other strains so it would really be a guess to say. Some water less more frequently and some water more at a time less frequently. How many L's is the pot? And do you think your roots have filled that pot?

If i would say 50L i do think there is lots of roots i dont even have to go far down in the soil then i get roots. Im currently giving 2L of water every second or third day

Are you saying 50L in the overall flowering period. That would be difficult to gauge. A lot of factors influence amount of water a plant uses. Longer/shorter heat periods or cold spells for example.
Been missing a bit. Buds are looking great.
Have you guys heard or read anything about the use of Epsom salts? I believe it can boost your flowers. When I go to the shops next i want to pick some up and try a couple of plants to see if it's true

Are you saying 50L in the overall flowering period. That would be difficult to gauge. A lot of factors influence amount of water a plant uses. Longer/shorter heat periods or cold spells for example.
Have you guys heard or read anything about the use of Epsom salts? I believe it can boost your flowers. When I go to the shops next i want to pick some up and try a couple of plants to see if it's true
I think the pot could be about 30l did not know about the epsom salt i will definitely check it out.

Hey @Tabenf, i'm heading to Langebaan tomorrow for the easter weekend. Let me know if you'd like to meet up and i can give you some stuff to take care of your pest problem. Also i've got some late flower nutes containing lots of NPK which really helps bulking up your bud in the last 6 weeks and seriously brings out those terpenes you're looking for, i've got an extra sample bottle which should last the rest of your grow if you are keen. Let me know

What an awesome gesture.... :snowboating:

Ya Epsom works nicely in flower, I haven't tried it but spoke to folk that have and they recommend it...

My big girls are in 20lt bags and drink 2.5lt a day but that in coco, your girl I'd recommend going for 3-5lt as she's needing to feed heavier now that you are in flower mr.Taben every 3rd day...

What an awesome gesture.... :snowboating:

Ya Epsom works nicely in flower, I haven't tried it but spoke to folk that have and they recommend it...

My big girls are in 20lt bags and drink 2.5lt a day but that in coco, your girl I'd recommend going for 3-5lt as she's needing to feed heavier now that you are in flower mr.Taben every 3rd day...
I don't even know what size my bigger pots are, but they each took about 2/3 bag of coco. The plants seemed thirstier in summer but they are traumatized now, as you know, Smeegs, and in flower. I am touching the surface of the medium with a flat hand, and if it feels slightly damp and cool, I leave it and poke my finger in about an inch deep. When that feels drier, I water again. I am no longer watering as heavily because it's not going anywhere fast. I have 5 litre plastic bottles that I use and I just gave them each about 1 litre to treat the Ph, and I have to give them more mootie in two days. Does that sound a reasonable rule of thumb? I will try adding Epsom salt to the nutes when I get there later in the week.

Hey man. So difficult to gestimate your watering schedule without being there. I'd say 3to 5 Lt every 3 days. Also as long as you have great drainage you should be fine and have less chance of over watering. We had some good rain in cape town, not sure if it made Its way to you? Shouldn't be an issue as your buds have a way to tighten up So should dry out well.

Hey man. So difficult to gestimate your watering schedule without being there. I'd say 3to 5 Lt every 3 days. Also as long as you have great drainage you should be fine and have less chance of over watering. We had some good rain in cape town, not sure if it made Its way to you? Shouldn't be an issue as your buds have a way to tighten up So should dry out well.
I'm growing indoors but on a balcony, harvesting natural light, so the plants only feel with wind if the windows are open. That will be better for temperature control too this season. Yes, the rain has reached the city bowl and it is divine. My plants are in coco pots with good drainage and on legs, so there is a gap between the pot and the tray :) I was thinking that I may take my seedlings out and while they veg into the winter sun. I just don't want to annoy people if there are any who are too conservative to approve lol

I don't even know what size my bigger pots are, but they each took about 2/3 bag of coco. The plants seemed thirstier in summer but they are traumatized now, as you know, Smeegs, and in flower. I am touching the surface of the medium with a flat hand, and if it feels slightly damp and cool, I leave it and poke my finger in about an inch deep. When that feels drier, I water again. I am no longer watering as heavily because it's not going anywhere fast. I have 5 litre plastic bottles that I use and I just gave them each about 1 litre to treat the Ph, and I have to give them more mootie in two days. Does that sound a reasonable rule of thumb? I will try adding Epsom salt to the nutes when I get there later in the week.

In coco I find some are heavier feeders than others, some I water every day or every second day but you'll see instantly if they thirsty as she will droop. I'll pop over to your journal in a bit and catch up with you there...

Y
I was just wondering atm im giving water like a did from the beginning so was just curious as ive read plantsbdrink more in flowering im just gonna stick with it we had a little bit of rain yesterday morning but not much,my porch wasnt even wet when i got home have a good off day @Lerugged

Back
Top Bottom