Tales From The Krip!

I was just deleting some OLD subscriptions in my control panel and found this post I made almost four years ago. It made me laugh (again!), so I thought I'd re-post it for some of the newer members to add to the list:

You Might Be A Grower If

Enjoy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

K

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I had to stop for a while. One page and my sides hurt and I'm going to wake my BIL if I keep going. :laughtwo: Thank you so much for this.

Yeah that's about the extent of my knowledge. Except I use much less ABV than the video showed. I only use 1/2 teaspoon per 1/2 graham cracker. Maybe I'm just a lightweight? I also put them in the fridge after the cool down and eat them later. I hardly ever eat it right away. It keeps me pain free for a good 6 hours. Builds slowly and takes awhile to peak, but that seems to be true with most edibles.

I wonder if I can figure out how to get them to hit sooner. Hmmmm...... Looks like something I can play around with this weekend.

Shit lol MR.Krip here you are the OG of 2L SOG . I had no idea it was you lookin in, on my little grow ha. I read that years ago man didn't click till i saw soggy daze in your sig :bravo: serious I read every word as a lerker. Legend. I Can't thank you enough... I rep+ a few in here with my 71 points so maybe a heavy hitter would do me a Solid and give you a good one. Many thanks. No wonder LA is hanging out to chat old times .

Regards :passitleft:

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! :thanks:
I don't know about "OG" or "Legend", but I'm glad my journals could add to your knowledge base.
I used to say that what I know about smoking I learned on my own, and what I know about growing I learned here on :420:
I'm far from the best grower here, but do have a good amount of knowledge and am always happy to share! :Namaste:

On an empty stomach it might take an hour to really hit. On a full stomach can take like 5+ hours so I would LOVE a way to speed it up.

There's not much of a way to speed it up without speeding up your metabolism since, with edibles, the food needs to be digested first and get to the liver to be metabolized. It just takes time.

A good alternative is a tincture which is kind of a cross between edibles and smokables. Tinctures are absorbed into the bloodstream under the tongue so the effects happen within a few minutes (not quite as quick as smoking, but close), and gives the full body "effect" that lasts for a couple of hours (almost like an edible but not as long).

Tinctures are also much more discrete than smoking.

There's not much of a way to speed it up without speeding up your metabolism since, with edibles, the food needs to be digested first and get to the liver to be metabolized. It just takes time.

A good alternative is a tincture which is kind of a cross between edibles and smokables. Tinctures are absorbed into the bloodstream under the tongue so the effects happen within a few minutes (not quite as quick as smoking, but close), and gives the full body "effect" that lasts for a couple of hours (almost like an edible but not as long).

Tinctures are also much more discrete than smoking.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've just started exploring tinctures, but they look like an excellent choice for fast onset. You could combine the two Jayne, have the edibles and follow with a tincture to hit more immediately. Possibly get the best of both worlds.

Mr. Krip, my BioBomb Brownies hit within five minutes, sometimes hard enough to cause a physical shift, as though I were bumped. I'm not exaggerating. They hit hard and fast and last at least 5 hours on a dose that's essentially 1/2 gram. So it is possible to speed absorbtion of an edible.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've just started exploring tinctures, but they look like an excellent choice for fast onset. You could combine the two Jayne, have the edibles and follow with a tincture to hit more immediately. Possibly get the best of both worlds.

Mr. Krip, my BioBomb Brownies hit within five minutes, sometimes hard enough to cause a physical shift, as though I were bumped. I'm not exaggerating. They hit hard and fast and last at least 5 hours on a dose that's essentially 1/2 gram. So it is possible to speed absorbtion of an edible.

Sue,

That's interesting and extremely quick. I'm not sure why/how it's happening that fast unless some of the THC in your brownies are actually being absorbed subcutaneously through the blood vessels in your mouth since edibles really need to get to the liver first.

Here's a video that explains this, somewhat (and, is still a pretty good video!):

[video=youtube;5xcfr2jv2OI]
[/video]

And, here's a couple of pretty good articles:

Smoke vs. Snack: Why Edible Marijuana Is Stronger Than Smoking - The Daily Beast

Berkeley Patients Care Collective | Beginner’s Guide to Medical Cannabis- Using Edibles

I wonder if there's something in your brownies that is allowing the THC to reach the blood stream before reaching the liver???
:Namaste:

It might be like alcohol...20% is immediately sent into to blood stream...the rest runs thru ur liver. There are some drugs that are activated prior to passing thru the liver. We did not discuss MJ on that level in nursing school and I would never ask at work.

I'm thinking it's something like that, although, as I remember biology, alcohol is 100% soluble in water so it passes easily through the cell membranes. I'm not sure brownies would be the same! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue,

That's interesting and extremely quick. I'm not sure why/how it's happening that fast unless some of the THC in your brownies are actually being absorbed subcutaneously through the blood vessels in your mouth since edibles really need to get to the liver first.

I wonder if there's something in your brownies that is allowing the THC to reach the blood stream before reaching the liver???
:Namaste:

These are some really nice links. Thanks. I'll be exploring them further. We have a really good video in the study hall on first pass through the liver.

I hear you, and before I met canjuncelt I was convinced that everything you postulate was true, backed by science. Well, it turns out that if you choose a carrier oil like olive, a long-chained fatty acid, it doesn't go through the liver that first time. So, you mix the cannabis oil - in my case I'm using full plant material, but I could just as easily use CCO - with the carrier oil and then add liquid sunflower lecithin. Thoroughly combine it and refrigerate overnight to bond the oils and the lecithin together. The next day add it to whatever you're cooking.

With my brownies I combine the olive oil, plant material and lecithin and bake it for an hour at 240 degrees F to both decarb and help the components bond together. Then refrigerate overnight and use that as my oil for the brownies.

I've clocked it, many times. Hits within five minutes, hits hard and hangs for at least five hours.

These are some really nice links. Thanks. I'll be exploring them further. We have a really good video in the study hall on first pass through the liver.

I hear you, and before I met canjuncelt I was convinced that everything you postulate was true, backed by science. Well, it turns out that if you choose a carrier oil like olive, a long-chained fatty acid, it doesn't go through the liver that first time. So, you mix the cannabis oil - in my case I'm using full plant material, but I could just as easily use CCO - with the carrier oil and then add liquid sunflower lecithin. Thoroughly combine it and refrigerate overnight to bond the oils and the lecithin together. The next day add it to whatever you're cooking.

With my brownies I combine the olive oil, plant material and lecithin and bake it for an hour at 240 degrees F to both decarb and help the components bond together. Then refrigerate overnight and use that as my oil for the brownies.

I've clocked it, many times. Hits within five minutes, hits hard and hangs for at least five hours.

I believe you 420%! What I don't understand is that, if it's not going through the liver, where is the THC getting absorbed into the bloodstream?

As a general rule, I believe the body has a tougher time breaking down the long-chain fatty acids, which would, in theory, make their use in edibles less potent. While the lecithin does increase the bio-availability, it should do that with any of the carrier oils.

I'm sure something is going on with your brownies - I just want to understand it so I can apply the knowledge effectively. ;)

I just started reading your Study Hall. Excellent!!! :bravo:

It's right up my alley since I love the science!

I just watched that first pass video you mentioned and it seems to agree with what I was saying which is that, when a medication is ingested orally (as opposed to IV or topically) 100% of the drug is metabolized by the liver. At about 7:35 on the video, in fact, she says that "it doesn't get to go anywhere else" and from the liver then goes into the blood stream.

BTW...I tried to give you more +REPS, but I've got to spread them around first, too! :)

I believe you 420%! What I don't understand is that, if it's not going through the liver, where is the THC getting absorbed into the bloodstream?

As a general rule, I believe the body has a tougher time breaking down the long-chain fatty acids, which would, in theory, make their use in edibles less potent. While the lecithin does increase the bio-availability, it should do that with any of the carrier oils.

I'm sure something is going on with your brownies - I just want to understand it so I can apply the knowledge effectively. ;)

The long-chained fatty acids get absorbed into the lymphatic system. There's a connection between the brain and the lymphatic system. My theory is that the lecithin and carrier oil bond fast-tracks the cannabinoids into the lymphatic system where they almost instantly get swept into the brain in numbers great enough to cause euphoria. Or, in the case of a CBD medication, to be more swiftly utilized in the many ways CBD functions.

Something's definately going on though. The capsules I make use the same cannabis oil, carrier oil, lecithin mix and cut my usage down dramatically without diminishing the buzz at all. Extremely economical. So economical I keep questioning it, and yet, I'm still getting high and it's taking almost nothing to make that happen.

It's 4 AM. I've enjoyed this conversation. I'm headed to bed, I hope. See you tomorrow. :ciao:

Hi Krip! A relative newcomer here. Only been here since last December, so haven't had the pleasure of reading any of your journals. But this one is off to good start, so I'm subbed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

:welcome:

I'm happy to share and so are most here on :420: so don't hesitate to ask any questions and/or jump into any conversation!

Hi Krip! A relative newcomer here. Only been here since last December, so haven't had the pleasure of reading any of your journals. But this one is off to good start, so I'm subbed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Welcome mi amigo. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom