Tangerine Dream "Autos" and pH?

Seniorweeder

Hey guys,, heres one question I never ask before. I am growing Tangerine Dream "Auto's" and have been dialing in my PH at about 6.25 since it worked well for my "Photo's" in the past, but never thought to ask if theres a better ph for an "Auto" plant? They are both in Coco-loco, soil based not Coco Coir! I am using A.N. 3 part nutes half strength for the left one and water/Cal-mag with A.N.s Big Bud on the right one!

Also U may find it interesting to look close at these pix because the plant on the right is the one I posted about "Clawing" a few weeks back, she is 7 weeks old, she sat still for about 10 days then started flowering, the plant on the left is only 3 weeks old,,and doing awesome!

Babys 2 11-20-21.jpg

Babys 11-20-21.jpg

we keep running in to this.
my opinion is they look good and you should just run it where you are.

i haven't checked but i'm pretty sure the mfgr recommends 6.3 or not bothering with ph at all.

btw i love your velcro. i framed in a grow space for my veg room and did the same lol :p

edit : the rocks are ok but lifting those pots on some grates would be better. been a long time since i seen someone do the rock trick. it's nice and cheap.

The rocks will help add humidity (evaporation from a larger surface area), but if humidity is a problem in flower, then get rid of the rocks, probably won't solve it, but it will help. Autos can be a bit finnicky, I've had them go 5-7 weeks before flower, and I've had them start to flower at 3 weeks. Same strain, same nutes, same lights, side by side, in the same tent. Same with flowering time, had them finish in 8 weeks, also had some that went 15 weeks.

The rocks will help add humidity (evaporation from a larger surface area), but if humidity is a problem in flower, then get rid of the rocks, probably won't solve it, but it will help.

it's more about fabric and the rocks.

fabric pots just fair better with air space under them. the rocks provide some, but the grates fair better over the long term, the pots won't deteriorate as quickly.

cheap ones in particular. the roots will air prune better and the bottoms won't rot out so fast.

if you ever have to vacuum up an 8 wk plant that rotted out the bottom of a 5 gallon pot you'd understand :p

also buy one of the better ones from our sponsors. quality is everything.
the pots the that blew up on us were big river cheapies

edit : the rocks are ok but lifting those pots on some grates would be better. been a long time since i seen someone do the rock trick. it's nice and cheap.
This is another reason I like organic growing. When I ran synthetic nutes, I always used risers or river rocks to hold my containers out of the runoff, knowing that it contained concentrated salts from the nutes. That white residue on my containers told me all I needed to know... it didn't belong back up in the soil

Now that I grow organically and have no salt buildups, I dont worry about the runoff. I water to about a half inch of runoff and let the plant suck it back up into the soil because my cloth containers are sitting right down in the drip tray. I have never had one rott out on me, but I don't have a lot of grows in these yet. As dry as I get my plants, I will be surprised if/when this happens.

I have never had one rot out on me, but I don't have a lot of grows in these yet. As dry as I get my plants, I will be surprised if/when this happens.

these things were a touch thicker than fabric shopping bags.
even with your midas touch they weren't gonna hang around lol :p

@Seniorweeder

back to the regular channel ... these plants are gorgeous. :)
you're doing busters. keep doing what you are doing and keep watch.

you should enter some contests and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom