Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I am wondering if a small, say pint jar was done that way but filled up with maybe just a weeeeee bit of push to get it in there, that would cut down a lot on the amount of stagnate air sitting around the buds. Just spit balling here.

I used an 4oz jar and filled it as full as I could without compacting anything down. I’m going to let mine dry a little more and put them back in, with a much closer eye on them.
:passitleft:

That is what I am thinking there. I think we may have both test parameters here so to speak.

I wonder if the jars were filled with say..... CO2 from the grow room(Hose in bottom of jar and valve opened for a minute to purge O2) and then sealed and vacuumed down. I bet there would be little O2 left in jar.

We'll go with that. I want this method to work for me, I like it better than messing with those F'n bags. Trying to reseal them hasn't worked to well for me. The machine never sucks the air out when I try to reseal. I end up making new bags for all them. With about 8 different cobs it gets old and takes more time than I want so I end up skipping weeks and not opening them.

We'll go with that. I want this method to work for me, I like it better than messing with those F'n bags. Trying to reseal them hasn't worked to well for me. The machine never sucks the air out when I try to reseal. I end up making new bags for all them. With about 8 different cobs it gets old and takes more time than I want so I end up skipping weeks and not opening them.
Neiko they sweat faster in the jar you need to dry them more once they come out. I got mold on my first attempts as well.
Just watch them closely and dry them sooner. Once sweated treat them the same as you would for buds you jar cure.

Neiko they sweat faster in the jar you need to dry them more once they come out. I got mold on my first attempts as well.
Just watch them closely and dry them sooner. Once sweated treat them the same as you would for buds you jar cure.
Will do! I'm glad it happened on a test run. I didn't lose enough to worry about it. They still smell great.

So what you are saying is hang them to dry after the sweat till they are the right RH to go in jar for curing?
Yes its just to change the resin and green matter, 2 to 3 days max sweating then dry them to the stage you would normally for a jar cure. Then age them and its done very quick unlike jar cured buds.
The sweat just does in two days what would normally take a year and in most cases never happen in the western so called jar cure.
Its not as thorough a cure as cobbing or fermenting bricks but still better than just drying and jarring green buds.
After drying you can cob them or compress them if you want but its never going to be like cobs or bricks.

I had good results from cobbing the buds once the correct humidity level was reached during drying. They came out very nice visually and the aroma was great. But they didn't pack the same punch as the same buds cob cured from day one.
Its just a very fast way to get smokeable sweated buds that are not compressed, the taste and aroma ect are superior to just drying and jaring.

Explained like the true master you are. Thanks.
No master just very curious and I have a photographic memory when it comes to stuff that got me high ha ha.
Also the smell of said buds lives with you forever as you are no doubt finding yourself. Some of the ganja we scored was so unique in appearance, smell and effect I will never forget it. We are just scratching the surface with this cure my friend.

No master just very curious and I have a photographic memory when it comes to stuff that got me high ha ha.
Also the smell of said buds lives with you forever as you are no doubt finding yourself. Some of the ganja we scored was so unique in appearance, smell and effect I will never forget it. We are just scratching the surface with this cure my friend.

And with this equally curious bunch surrounding us we’ll have years of fun exploring the nuances. :slide:

Starting the day with a chew of Red Diesel. Let’s see where this takes me. Lol!

I’m listening intently to the discussion. What I’m hearing is
* quart jar, paper towel on the bottom, filled to an inch or two to the top, leaving a small open space
* sweat 2 days at 104°
* dry to 62-65% RH
* continue the cure as preferred

Do I have that correct?

So we just testing the jar cure/cob????

Sounds interesting, but I can see the potential of mold or rot

I'll keep an eye on what progresses, I've got those adapters as well

And with this equally curious bunch surrounding us we’ll have years of fun exploring the nuances. :slide:

* quart jar, paper towel on the bottom, filled to an inch or two to the top, leaving a small open space
* sweat 2 days at 104°
* dry to 62-65% RH

Do I have that correct?
I think you left the vacuum part out.

* sweat 2 days at 104°
* dry to 62-65% RH

Do I have that correct?
For some reason mold can occur over long periods with damp buds in the jar even vacuumed.
I overcame this by drying the buds to the standard (jar curing) R/H after i get the color change I want from the sweating.
Aging in the jars using the normal parameters you used previously to jar cure your buds.

They age/cure perfectly if you do this. Just use the vacuum to sweat and get the buds shriveled and to change color then dry and age as in the old method.
I still prefer cobbing and canary style bricks as you get a much better ferment and cure IMO.
But the buds loose in the jar may offer something special smoked. Chewing is not as rewarding for me so I prefer the cobs and canary style cures for my personal use.

Hi Sue I took a break from my Panama and Panama x Honduras cobs yesterday and had some 2017 GT .
WOW I had forgotten what ecstacy was like crazy energetic trip into a world full of beautiful people.
I have to keep reminding myself everyone is not an angel or I might start believing it ha ha. Going back today it was like therapy for my soul.
I always feel reborn the next day and in love with the world I have to be careful I dont stay there permanently ha ha.
I visited my niece while high her young toddler was refusing to be fed and screaming his lungs out when I walked into the room I smiled at him and if by magic he responded with the most gorgeous ear to ear smile.
He stopped crying and eat his food all the while smiling. I didn't know he was such a lovely child ha ha. Previously I had formed the opinion he was just a little shit ha ha.
His mother was impressed she said he must like seeing visitors he even gave me a bashful wave when I left. Yogurt all over his face and hair I had to laugh. Maybe he doesn't see or hear much laughter in his house its her first child and its a bit overwhelming for her I think.
She had a perfect pregnancy and then a very rude shock when she produced a little devil ha ha. The dream was over.
Maybe she and her husband need to laugh more to relax the kid.

Back
Top Bottom