Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I've only done the buds once and I can do better but basically I put the buds into a quart jar with paper towel. The buds dried for 36 hours before going into the jar. I vac sealed the jar and let it sweat at 110 F for 24 hours. I opened the jar and laid the buds out to dry for a couple hours then resealed. Put more paper towel in when you reseal. I then lowered the temp to approx. 85-89 F and left them for another week. I didn't open them and I should have because I started to get mold. Next time I'll open them about every 2-3 days and let them dry some. After that week I laid them out in my drying area overnight. They felt properly dry at that point so I put them in jar with a humidity pack and hygrometer. They held 62% so I've just left them in the jar since. I didn't re-vac the jars at this point. Dr. Doob did some too and he may have done it a little different than me.

That’s basically how I did it too, except I used a smaller jar and did open it every 2-3 days. They’ve gotten real good now, I highly recommend waiting until they are a dried and cured for a couple weeks. My early samples weren’t at all a good experience, but now it’s great.
:passitleft:

Sorry I just had to. I am listening to cross roads by Cream. I had 0.25g of the Malawi x Ethiopian man this is flying first class.

IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG

Sorry I just had to. I am listening to cross roads by Cream. I had 0.25g of the Malawi x Ethiopian man this is flying first class.

IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG

Well hell mi amigo, you stop and drop those tidbits any time you desire. :hug:

I fermented some buds. Can’t believe I haven’t posted yet. They turned out to be indica, so I can’t test them, and the daughter has Blue Dream available in quantity, so she’s not inclined to indulge me. Lol!

I’ll get in touch with Hash Hound and Jgrowlove and see if I can get one of them to review.

I did take a couple pretty pictures to hold your interest. :battingeyelashes:

The fermented buds were sweated at 104° F for 24 hours and then rested in the hot box at around 85° F for three days. The other buds hung drying during that time.

On my way to bed. See you guys tomorrow. :ciao:

Hey @JustMeds ! Just wondering if you are doing the initial 24 hr sweat and the 7 day fermentation in the cobatron?

Yes. Why make more work out of it. Just have to change the temp you want.

Are the “starter bags” that come with vacuum sealers sufficent for cobbing or do I need to buy larger ones for cobs and canary?

I get the ones that come on a roll. Then you can just wheel off what you need.

Back
Top Bottom