Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

A bath like the sous vide would give very even temperatures through the cob. I was wondering about the heating blanket that I use. Parts of the cob have been hotter than other parts for me.

Has anyone sent a cob in for analysis compared to raw herb?

Neiko did. The results are in this thread somewhere.

With the heat mat... when I would go in to check the Cobs I would turn them 180 and then flip them. Trying to give all areas the same temp. But I do like the rack idea... get them off the towel that the mat is wrapped in and have it suspended over the mat to help even let the heat. Sensor on the rack as well of course.
I too like the submerged idea... great stuff everyone!!
And some awesome Cobs to look at all around, thanks for sharing everyone!

Okay after spending a few dazy days with the cob rosen I’m hooked, it’s a great high if you don’t over do it. It just takes a tiny, tiny amount on the end of a joint to turn that joint from great to spectacular.

I think the cob rosen to the regular rosen is about the same as cobs are to regular flower. It’s just unexplainably magically stronger stuff.

I basically evenly switched off between smoking the regular and the cob rosen; regular is all gone and there is about half the cob rosen left so by that totally “scientific” method it seems about twice as strong.

I think one main difference between the two is the cob rosen high lasts a lot longer than the regular rosen. It also has much more of an old school hash smell when burned, where the regular smells much more sweet and complex.

Now every harvest I’m going to have to make a cob to chew, a cob to smoke and now a cob to press. It’s turning into a cob cob cob world around here.

Thanks everyone!
:passitleft:

Excellent! :thumb: Thanks for checking it out!

Which one is the cob? Surprised as I thought cobbing it also decarbed it.

:passitleft:

I’m not sure either one is, looking at them. I found hem in the gallery and got distracted before I got a chance to look closer.

I’ll see what I can track down. He search engine doesn’t give me the post on Neiko’s results. I’ll have to go page by page.

I just remember the name of the lab in Michigan. :)

It's pretty cool - you can search for strain name, etc - all public. :bongrip:

I found the post I was looking for. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Neiko’s test results back from the Carnival cob, and the labs create more mystery. Neiko figures there’s something else going on that they can’t measure with current testing parameters.

For reference I pulled up the flower labs.
Neiko’s Carnival labs, cannabinoids and terpenes as grown in soil supported by Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend kit.

This was results Tangwena’s crew shared.

Hi Sue that was early days and we didn't get to see how good the cob was. I am not refering to Niekos test but the IC one.

A friend in the USA is in the process of doing an in depth test of the same plant dried buds, canary buds, good well cured cob both at one month and 3 months for all the test samples.
He is testing for changes in everything from THC to terpenes and whatever else his friend at the lab can come up with.
Seeing as this will be the first full test on a well cured cob and buds it should be quite interesting.

My monies on very little change to anything ha ha.
I dont think science has caught up to how or why we get high yet they just know that the known chemicals in the plant have an effect any new compounds from fermentation are not even on the radar yet.

Also, from Nightmask2:

The image sizes were different so the pictures didn't overlap properly but here's an image overlapping the results from Neiko's Carnival, with the lighter green being the buds and the darker green being the cob. The cobs seem to have less of everything. Well there's that mystery solved, cobs work entirely by magic.

Hi Sue that was early days and we didn't get to see how good the cob was. I am not refering to Niekos test but the IC one.

A friend in the USA is in the process of doing an in depth test of the same plant dried buds, canary buds, good well cured cob both at one month and 3 months for all the test samples.
He is testing for changes in everything from THC to terpenes and whatever else his friend at the lab can come up with.
Seeing as this will be the first full test on a well cured cob and buds it should be quite interesting.

My monies on very little change to anything ha ha.
I dont think science has caught up to how or why we get high yet they just know that the known chemicals in the plant have an effect any new compounds from fermentation are not even on the radar yet.

I don’t think they test for the things that’re driving this process. Lol! It’ll be wonderful to get another look at cob labs and the comparison to buds. I’m curious if it’ll reflect what Neiko found.

The sensor is at the same height as the cobs.
This morning one of the cobs had sweated a little, but only one of them.
IMG_2695.jpg

Since I can't really go by time to tell when they have finished fermenting, so what should I look for?
Hi my friend I would not sweat them any more personally just dry them and reseal them to age just keep them warm say 25 to 30c so they can finish curing and aging now.

Back
Top Bottom