Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

@Pyr0, good God man, you caught me off guard! :laughtwo:

Beeeutiful work sir! :bravo:

Gosh.... I feel like I’ve been on vacation for months or something.... I’m totally out of touch here. Thank goodness we have Tangwena’s expert attention. :circle-of-love:

Hook.... Damn mister! Good work. :high-five: And a big thank you for sharing the details of your process. :hug:

Nick, if they’re moist, you fermented them. Is there any sweetness to the smell that you can detect? Any at all? Has the woman in your life smelled them, and if so, what was her reaction?

If it were me, back into the bags they’d go for another week at room temp or slightly higher, the first of many more weeks of curing. I’ve learned to be much more nonchalant about the process than when I started. It’s nearly impossible to get it wrong, and even the times we thought we went there the guys figured out how to salvage the crop.

They look good to me. Seal them up and keep them going. :battingeyelashes:

Today I finally got the chance to open the DDA and Zamaldelica x Panama cobs. They’re covered in crystal frostiness. :yahoo:

I just love the way they do that, and I especially love the smooth, smooth smoke. :slide:

Oh yeah.... the high. I most especially love the high. :bongrip:

Oh Sue, they look absolutely delish. Especially the Zam x Panama.

I'm the same with the cobs, I just leave them be. Some of mine have been baked a bit too hot and too long, then too cold. I've varied the cure temps from mid 20's to mid 30's depending on how they smelled and felt, just kind of went with it. I've let some of them dry for a day then re-sealed and repeat after a month. But I really ignored and neglected them for a lot of the time. I just keep them around room temp or cooler now.

They are sooo smooooooth to smoke and I'm actually smoking just about the last of my Dark Devil now.
:passitleft:

Oh Sue, they look absolutely delish. Especially the Zam x Panama.

I'm the same with the cobs, I just leave them be. Some of mine have been baked a bit too hot and too long, then too cold. I've varied the cure temps from mid 20's to mid 30's depending on how they smelled and felt, just kind of went with it. I've let some of them dry for a day then re-sealed and repeat after a month. But I really ignored and neglected them for a lot of the time. I just keep them around room temp or cooler now.

They are sooo smooooooth to smoke and I'm actually smoking just about the last of my Dark Devil now.

Oooo.... nearly missed this. DDA cob is what I’m smoking tonight too.

Thanks, tangwena
Yes, I started them in the cobatron for 24 hrs at 40 degrees C. Then they've spent a week in 28 degrees.

I'll do what you say, but should I really leave them in 36 degrees for a week? I was going to turn it up to 29.
Hi brother where is the sensor probe in the cobatron? You should have it at the same height as the cobs or even better laying on them.
It may be sensing the temp at the wrong location heat rises so its going to be cooler lower down than higher up.
Your plan to reduce the temp is sound it will still produce the goods my friend coloration is not everything nor is terps smell its just once you get this right you are constantly trying to perfect it and get better and better with every cure.
Some of the cobs appear more fermented than others so you will get a good cross section of results an you will be able to use the ones you prefer as a guide to the next lot you do its all horses for courses isn't it.

So I harvested my Zamaldelica after almost 14 weeks flowering, and local weather is cold and humid, I normally dry out in my shed where my grow room is, so they had been drying for almost 4 days but still moist enough to cob. When I got out what was left of my vacuum sealer roll, there was a major crease in it and I couldn't get it to seal up. I haven't been able to find any locally and they are now almost 10 days drying and already jarred up and curing. And here I was hoping to enjoy some Zammy cob on my 60th next spring.
Oh well. It's already a lovely smoke. :yummy:

A missed chance, I'll get it next time, I popped 2 of her clones into flower last week, only 15 more weeks to wait. lol.

Anyway here's some pics of cobs I made a while back.

White Widow and Blueberry, around a 50/50 mix, a little over 3 months curing.

Closeup of the hard reptile like outer skin, this is very firm now and smokes really well once ground and dried.

And some GG#4 cobs, around 2.5 months old.

And some Amnesia Haze - 3 months old.

Peace
Dude your killing it man hats off brother lovely cobs really nice buds to thats why the cobs are so good the go together every time.

Gosh.... I feel like I’ve been on vacation for months or something.... I’m totally out of touch here. Thank goodness we have Tangwena’s expert attention. :circle-of-love:

Hook.... Damn mister! Good work. :high-five: And a big thank you for sharing the details of your process. :hug:

Nick, if they’re moist, you fermented them. Is there any sweetness to the smell that you can detect? Any at all? Has the woman in your life smelled them, and if so, what was her reaction?

If it were me, back into the bags they’d go for another week at room temp or slightly higher, the first of many more weeks of curing. I’ve learned to be much more nonchalant about the process than when I started. It’s nearly impossible to get it wrong, and even the times we thought we went there the guys figured out how to salvage the crop.

They look good to me. Seal them up and keep them going. :battingeyelashes:

Today I finally got the chance to open the DDA and Zamaldelica x Panama cobs. They’re covered in crystal frostiness. :yahoo:

I just love the way they do that, and I especially love the smooth, smooth smoke. :slide:

Oh yeah.... the high. I most especially love the high. :bongrip:
Good to see you back sister this thread is a lot of work. Good to see you spreading the love far and wide much respect your a star enjoy your new home.
You can drive now I'm starting to loose concentration I'm just following the center of the road getting dazzled by on coming traffic ha ha.

Lol! They are an active group, aren't they? I love them, every one. They fuel me. :circle-of-love:

Thank you for holding it together while I moved me and my possessions cross-country. It may still be a little hairy while I get settled, but now that I have my own cobs out the crowd'll be harder to ignore.

Picked up a new cobber today. :yahoo:

Hi @tangwena It has been more than a year since I was inspired to cob. I read the WHOLE thread and was here through this whole development. It has been so incredible to see how devoted you are to sharing your cobs and stories. Thank you for inspiring people to just do what they feel is right and have FUN and bringing an entirely new light to the cannabis community.

CHeers to Tangwena :passitleft:

My newest cob, Ultra DOG:

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Hi @tangwena It has been more than a year since I was inspired to cob. I read the WHOLE thread and was here through this whole development. It has been so incredible to see how devoted you are to sharing your cobs and stories. Thank you for inspiring people to just do what they feel is right and have FUN and bringing an entirely new light to the cannabis community.

CHeers to Tangwena :passitleft:

My newest cob, Ultra DOG:

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Hi brother its our job to spread the love of this cure. This forum has some of the best cobs on the forums.
A true cannabis lover should not just grow beautiful flowers he should honor the plant by curing it to bring out its best
potential.
A cannabis lover like yourself and plenty of other on this forum are just completing your destiny as a pure cannabis lover or gourmet curer.
You wouldn't do it if you didn't love your herb brother your connection to your plant is complete.
I take my hat of to you and the other cobbers here at cob central you have all just blown it out of the water.
Forgive my emotional response but I am tripping on some panama cola cured canary style its the best.

Lol! They are an active group, aren't they? I love them, every one. They fuel me. :circle-of-love:

Thank you for holding it together while I moved me and my possessions cross-country. It may still be a little hairy while I get settled, but now that I have my own cobs out the crowd'll be harder to ignore.

Picked up a new cobber today. :yahoo:
The love I feel for you and the other members of the cob club here is so strong in fact its getting stronger every day.
I had some Panama cola after I saw your gorgeous cola you posted you are a magician sister you have the key to all the answers enjoy.

Well, here we go!
Hey there stranger, glad to have ya on the cobbing train! You'll be cobbing everything pretty soon. I have so many cobs now I don't know what to do with them all. I could quit growing and smoke cobs for years I think. I'm thinking about making some cob oil, I guess that would be the next step in this adventure.

Hi brother where is the sensor probe in the cobatron? You should have it at the same height as the cobs or even better laying on them.
It may be sensing the temp at the wrong location heat rises so its going to be cooler lower down than higher up.
Your plan to reduce the temp is sound it will still produce the goods my friend coloration is not everything nor is terps smell its just once you get this right you are constantly trying to perfect it and get better and better with every cure.
Some of the cobs appear more fermented than others so you will get a good cross section of results an you will be able to use the ones you prefer as a guide to the next lot you do its all horses for courses isn't it.

The sensor is at the same height as the cobs.
This morning one of the cobs had sweated a little, but only one of them.
IMG_2695.jpg

Since I can't really go by time to tell when they have finished fermenting, so what should I look for?

Okay after spending a few dazy days with the cob rosen I’m hooked, it’s a great high if you don’t over do it. It just takes a tiny, tiny amount on the end of a joint to turn that joint from great to spectacular.

I think the cob rosen to the regular rosen is about the same as cobs are to regular flower. It’s just unexplainably magically stronger stuff.

I basically evenly switched off between smoking the regular and the cob rosen; regular is all gone and there is about half the cob rosen left so by that totally “scientific” method it seems about twice as strong.

I think one main difference between the two is the cob rosen high lasts a lot longer than the regular rosen. It also has much more of an old school hash smell when burned, where the regular smells much more sweet and complex.

Now every harvest I’m going to have to make a cob to chew, a cob to smoke and now a cob to press. It’s turning into a cob cob cob world around here.

Thanks everyone!

Our pleasure Doob.

Very compelling info. I get the same inexplicable sense that what we’re doing is extending our harvests, and now we have your loosely scientific experiment to shore up those feelings.

Twice as long you say? Looking at the cobs I already have on hand has me thinking this might be enough to get me through an extended period, if need be.

Checking on Brix’s cob I determined that sous-vide may be my new method for the sweat.

This was my first exposure to sous-vide cookery, and I’m much impressed. Compact, quiet, easy to transport.... this looks like something I could get excited about. :battingeyelashes:

Our pleasure Doob.

Very compelling info. I get the same inexplicable sense that what we’re doing is extending our harvests, and now we have your loosely scientific experiment to shore up those feelings.

Twice as long you say? Looking at the cobs I already have on hand has me thinking this might be enough to get me through an extended period, if need be.

Checking on Brix’s cob I determined that sous-vide may be my new method for the sweat.

This was my first exposure to sous-vide cookery, and I’m much impressed. Compact, quiet, easy to transport.... this looks like something I could get excited about. :battingeyelashes:
TOYS!!!!!

Okay after spending a few dazy days with the cob rosen I’m hooked, it’s a great high if you don’t over do it. It just takes a tiny, tiny amount on the end of a joint to turn that joint from great to spectacular.

I think the cob rosen to the regular rosen is about the same as cobs are to regular flower. It’s just unexplainably magically stronger stuff.

I basically evenly switched off between smoking the regular and the cob rosen; regular is all gone and there is about half the cob rosen left so by that totally “scientific” method it seems about twice as strong.

I think one main difference between the two is the cob rosen high lasts a lot longer than the regular rosen. It also has much more of an old school hash smell when burned, where the regular smells much more sweet and complex.

Now every harvest I’m going to have to make a cob to chew, a cob to smoke and now a cob to press. It’s turning into a cob cob cob world around here.

Thanks everyone!
That's some nice work there Dr.

Back
Top Bottom