Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Howzit bruddahs and sistahs! I'm an active member and have been reading the cob thread for a couple years. Figured I'd pop over here and see what you people are cooking up. Finally grew a large harvest to have enough weed to give it the all-in. Started my first cobs last week.
Grew Queen Mother (Original Delicatessen), Guawi (Ace), and Panama x Bangi Haze.
Going for lighter cures with these first two strains. So far I've done 2 cobs of QM (95f@18hrs/left wet for ferment) and 3 cobs of PxBH (105f@24hrs/air dried 2hrs then vac'd for ferment). Also threw a PxBH top for the same treatment sans corn husk.

20181027_134508.jpg

20181027_134247.jpg

20181027_123130.jpg

Awesome I see you grew out the Ace GUAWI Nice.
Can I ask you a quick question ? I am at week 4 flower and curious to ask
how long did yours Go ? and how was the Stretch ? Interestingly my Guwai
had not stretch at all.

thanks for posting Im right behind ya with the Guawi ;)

Howzit bruddahs and sistahs! I'm an active member and have been reading the cob thread for a couple years. Figured I'd pop over here and see what you people are cooking up. Finally grew a large harvest to have enough weed to give it the all-in. Started my first cobs last week.
Grew Queen Mother (Original Delicatessen), Guawi (Ace), and Panama x Bangi Haze.
Going for lighter cures with these first two strains. So far I've done 2 cobs of QM (95f@18hrs/left wet for ferment) and 3 cobs of PxBH (105f@24hrs/air dried 2hrs then vac'd for ferment). Also threw a PxBH top for the same treatment sans corn husk.

20181027_134508.jpg

20181027_134247.jpg

20181027_123130.jpg
Nice, I bet those will be some fun! Thank you for posting the temps and such for yours, always nice to see what others are doing. Looking good, thank you for sharing!

Awesome I see you grew out the Ace GUAWI Nice.
Can I ask you a quick question ? I am at week 4 flower and curious to ask
how long did yours Go ? and how was the Stretch ? Interestingly my Guwai
had not stretch at all.

thanks for posting Im right behind ya with the Guawi ;)

Howzit @Gazoo
Great choice. I grew 2 Guawis outdoor start to finish. They were both the last to flower. Stretch was strong on both, at least double. Was late August before there were flower clusters. The two phenos were quite different. The first one I harvested on 10.24 - the other is still in the garden for another couple weeks. Both are winners.

Guawi#2 (last month) - currently hang drying and cobbing.
20181004_125811.jpg

Guawi#3 - still hanging in there
20181027_113703.jpg

Howzit @Gazoo
Great choice. I grew 2 Guawis outdoor start to finish. They were both the last to flower. Stretch was strong on both, at least double. Was late August before there were flower clusters. The two phenos were quite different. The first one I harvested on 10.24 - the other is still in the garden for another couple weeks. Both are winners.

Guawi#2 (last month) - currently hang drying and cobbing.
20181004_125811.jpg

Guawi#3 - still hanging in there
20181027_113703.jpg

Thanks, Very Nice. I'm indoors so she is running a bit smaller Oh and I am only in ten gal pots
but staying very manageable at 21 days from first Pistils
Just posted some pics over at

ACE Seeds Plant Pics

Howzit bruddahs and sistahs! I'm an active member and been reading the cob thread for a couple years. Figured I'd pop over here and see what you people are cooking up. Finally grew a large harvest to have enough weed to give it the all-in. Started my first cobs last week.

20181027_134508.jpg

20181027_134247.jpg

20181027_123130.jpg

...Nice!...:thumb:...and Welcome to :420:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Hey, I had a thought ...

Has anyone squished a piece of cob? :hmmmm: That might be very interesting.

:Namaste:

Rosin press. :)

Cut off a slice and squish out some rosin. It occurred to me that a skinny cob would make perfect pucks. And you could still eat the ABS. :slide:

Squish n chew, eh?

It’s a small little rosen press that uses a torch to heat it and a vice to squish it. It’s okay but I wasted a lot of good herbs before I got a good pressing. I saw it in Sue’s journal and figured I’d give it a shot.

:passitleft:

Glad u tried it and I spaced it...lol

I like the basic flat curling iron squish....

Hmmmmmm I should try some cob that way

Maybe tomorrow

Rosin press. :)

Cut off a slice and squish out some rosin. It occurred to me that a skinny cob would make perfect pucks. And you could still eat the ABS. :slide:

Squish n chew, eh?
Okay I did it. It came out totally so dark green it looks black. For comparison I did the exact same strain not cobbed which came out amber colored. ‘Bout to smoke some and find out which is better. Thanks for inspiring me to do it.

4E629E6C-93E8-457E-8536-F6399111760A.jpeg

:passitleft::passitleft:

...a few cob pic's dried and re sealed today for storage...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Nice job my friend its well on the way to a very nice finish. A bit of aging and your going to have some nice cobs.

The cob rosen f’d me up. I was asleep within 30 minutes of smoking it. The rosen itself is very thick and dark. It’s black but when smearing a small bit you can tell it’s really green. Surprisingly the cobbed stuff doesn’t have a lot of flavor. It smokes very smooth, I cough a lot from dabs but this not so much.

All in all I’d say it was a decent treat, I’ll try it again sometime with a Sativa cob.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom