Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I hear you. I haven’t consumed any yet, but do you know of any way to make this mold-free?

I dont know how to do that or if its even possible. But Ill do some interwebbing to see what I find.

I dont know how to do that or if its even possible. But Ill do some interwebbing to see what I find.

Thanks. I’ll join you. :hug:

The most notable challenge is that we don’t know what mold we’re dealing with when we talk cobs.

I did find a list of the most common types of mold found on tested cannabis:

Types of Molds on Infected Marijuana
  1. Botrytis (bud rot)
  2. Cladosporium
  3. Mucor
  4. Penicillium
  5. Rhizopus

Maybe we can start with those and find out how dangerous they are to humans. I’m going to assume that drying alone won’t eliminate the mold, since they’ve found mold in just about everything they’ve looked closely at.

Facenit, if you consume cannabis you’re getting some mold. It may be a small amount, but flowers mold. It’s the way of nature. With cobs we’ve crossed into new territory.

I saved one of the buds from the bath. I’ll keep it separate from the others. Wish there was some way to get it tested.

Sue I've been eating it and smoking it for years even when I was in Africa.
I had never heard the paranoia about mold until I started reading the canna forums.
I assume because there are mold issues in damp houses which are documented as dangerous people just assumed it was the same with cannabis.

Back in the day we smoked plenty of moldy cobs in the rainy season and I never heard then or since of anyone contracting a bad disease from it.
Also on the net I have never seen any documented medical effects from it just a lot of paranoia.
If there are some documented cases I would love to see them.

Not trying to cause trouble just trying to get some perspective rather than paranoia based on misinformation.

Sue I've been eating it and smoking it for years even when I was in Africa.
I had never heard the paranoia about mold until I started reading the canna forums.
I assume because there are mold issues in damp houses which are documented as dangerous people just assumed it was the same with cannabis.

Back in the day we smoked plenty of moldy cobs in the rainy season and I never heard then or since of anyone contracting a bad disease from it.
Also on the net I have never seen any documented medical effects from it just a lot of paranoia.

Not trying to cause trouble just trying to get some perspective rather than paranoia based on misinformation.

I’m with you on this, brother of the heart, and I don’t have all that much concern, especially after reading of how prevalent molds are in tested material. If they were all that dangerous more would be getting sick and dying, and I’m not hearing any real rumblings about that.

Then there’s the fact that I know a good many of us smoked moldy weed in our past. It was an inevitable part of dealing with the underground. I can remember more than one occasion in my own past.

I don’t believe the molds that’ll turn up on our fermented cannabis will be all that toxic. I also believe that once thoroughly dried they become less of a concern.

I dried my buds and dropped them into a storage jar.

It’s about time for you to go fishing, isn’t it?

The reason the forums get concerned is we deal with cannabis as medicine, so we’re more sensitive to adverse effects and do all we can to avoid problems.

As far as I know there’s one single documented case from 1988 of sickness induced from moldy cannabis buds, but the info is sketchy at best.

It reminded me that one man unsuccessfully tried to blow up a plane with his shoes and now everyone on the planet flying commercial has to nearly strip before passing security.

If you have a compromised immune system make certain your medicines are as pure as you can get them.

ok ok... how much do you eat at one time and still function?

It’s suggested you try 0.5 grams to start, on a day when you have 8-10 hours where it won’t matter. :laughtwo: That way you’ll know how that hits and you can adjust accordingly.

Tangwena doesn’t smoke, so he gets more mileage from his chew, and he goes with around 0.1 gr. I personally smoke up a storm, and I use 0.5 gr pretty regularly when I chew.

Today was just one such day. The lady of the house and I started with 0.5 gr each sometime around 11 AM and by the time we hit the birthday party we attended at 6 PM I was on a cloud of happiness. A very pleasant day indeed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you’re feeling cautious go with 0.2-0.3 gr. I don’t know your euphoric maintenance level Em. Mine’s stratospheric. :battingeyelashes:

What’s the most everyone else uses at one time on a regular basis?

I’m with you on this, brother of the heart, and I don’t have all that much concern, especially after reading of how prevalent molds are in tested material. If they were all that dangerous more would be getting sick and dying, and I’m not hearing any real rumblings about that.

Then there’s the fact that I know a good many of us smoked moldy weed in our past. It was an inevitable part of dealing with the underground. I can remember more than one occasion in my own past.

I don’t believe the molds that’ll turn up on our fermented cannabis will be all that toxic. I also believe that once thoroughly dried they become less of a concern.

I dried my buds and dropped them into a storage jar.

It’s about time for you to go fishing, isn’t it?
Alls cool sister I will be leaving in a couple of days I leave home at 4.30am and arrive 3.30 to 4.00 pm its a long drive I've got to be in tune with everything to stay awake.

My father in law has decided to start dying! damned inconvenient of him I say.
How am I supposed to get my groove on with all the negative energy thats floating around.
You would think he would have the decency to get a move on other people have things to do ha ha.

I think I should explain I have no fear of dying, we check in we check out, when its your time its your time.
In the meantime lets try and have as much fun as we can isn't it?

ok ok... how much do you eat at one time and still function?
Ha Ha that begs the question what are you trying to function at?
If you use the right cob you can function perfectly at whatever you set your heart on.
Just not as you ha ha. As some super cool individual who is able to achieve anything you want to achieve.
You know the you you would rather be but never quite become any other way.
I have become such an individual as off 3 hours ago if you get my drift ha ha. Get into it you will love it.

I haven't found a single article that suggests a way to 'clean' mold from cannabis. There are many that share the throw it away dont try and use it for anything theme.

So I have no real basis for my Dont Do It message. It just seems like a really bad idea. To me anyway.

Several articles refer to inspection under black light. I guess it lights right up.

Panama x Honduras 9 hour sweat started the color change so I removed the cob from the heat.
Toweled dry the cob although it didn't need much as the sweat was minimal.
The smell was just green vegetable not dope.
The cob is now re sealed for a week at room temps which are between 25 to 30c.
Even after only 4 hours resealed the cob was changing color to a yellower shade by the end of 6 or 7 days it should be completely transformed and ready to cure/age for a month with weekly inspections, drying as needed and testing of course.
First pic is green second after 9 hours sweat and third 4 hours after re sealing on its a way to heaven.

cob.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4790.JPG

It will spend the next 4 weeks with me at my fishing camp in temps around 33c most days with a night time temp of 25c.

If your like me and wash your buds this info on the flying skull nuke em page may be interesting.

Active Ingredient:
Citric Acid ….. 0.05%

Inert Ingredients ….. 99.95%
Water, Yeast (Enzymes), Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate

Grower’s Tip:
Spray plants on harvest day so mildew and mold don’t develop during the drying process.

I know I use lemon juice.

Back
Top Bottom