Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

been packing 14g rehydrated/ fresh bud into these medicine bottles and ferment in front of my space heater 6-12 hours
Fresh bud should presumably have all the microbes needed for fermenting, and if mixed well with rehydrated bud then it sounds feasible, and more so given your positive experiences, you must be doing something right!

There's more than one way to skin a cat as they say ha ha.
Its the end result that counts if your happy with it thats all that matters.
Hiya Tang!! I totally agree. That's why I love growing this plant. You craft it how YOU want it. Although friends tend to enjoy it too bwahaha 🤣 What are you currently growing guy? Any good cob combinations lately? I hope everything is good in your neighborhood my friend from across the pond!! Happy Monday/Tuesday!! 😎✌️

Hi brother not growing anything at the moment but I have a grow planned for May.
I'm going to work through some seeds I made with Mulanje crossed to Mozambique and Swazi.
I will also be growing Mulanje and any males used to make seeds from the Mozambique and Swazi crosses.
I have enough cobs to last a life time already but it wont stop me making more ha ha.

Hi brother not growing anything at the moment but I have a grow planned for May.
I'm going to work through some seeds I made with Mulanje crossed to Mozambique and Swazi.
I will also be growing Mulanje and any males used to make seeds from the Mozambique and Swazi crosses.
I have enough cobs to last a life time already but it wont stop me making more ha ha.
Sounds awesome man!! Your the master cobster!! Happy Wednesday!! 😎✌️

Hi @tangwena ! Hi @SweetSue !
I started reading the (great) Essentials thread by @MrMagoo because I want to try Tangwena's method. The other fermented foods in my life (yoghurt, cheese, kimchi, sauerkraut, pickled asparagus) have all been good for my health (and I have a lot of health problems, sigh. Just born that way, I guess.)

I am autistic (Aspergers) and I need CBD. THC-only helps, but CBD is transformative for me.
I have a grow going with six different auto strains:

1:1 Crack CBD
All CBD SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD--big girls)
2:1 Auto Blue Ace
1 CBDV (not sure what it is, haha, but I am wanting to find out! :p She is also a big girl.)
2 of the TopTao Blueberry Crystal (and they were on the roof, and got budrot).
And I planted 1 each of 11 Roses Auto (all THC), and one cola got budrot, so I am watching it. This is her.
11 Roses Auto:
11ra.jpg

I also have two 5% CBD BlueBerry Crystal Autos that smell great, but got bud rot. I just chopped and washed and hung them this morning. (They were still small, and some sticky, but not too many. They were still throwing pistils.)

hung.jpg

Will it work to cob CBD plants?
Someone said sativa THC works better, but I need CBD, and I have to believe that fermentation is better.
I would like to finish reading the 3 page thread, and then experiment on the BlueBerry Crystal.
And if that works, I want to do the 11 Roses Auto.

About how many corn husks do I want to buy, to wrap the blueberry girls? They did not get very big, but they have enough crystals that they should still hit.
I am guessing 7, maybe 8 ears of corn, to be safe.
I am guessing another 7-8 when it is time to chop the 11 Roses Auto.

Am I posting in the right place?
And do my questions make sense?
Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, PS, I read that after we take it out of the cob, we vaccuum seal the jars.
How does one vacuum seal jars?? (Probably I will have to order something, and have it shipped in, so I had better get on it.) Thanks.

Hi @tangwena ! Hi @SweetSue !
I started reading the (great) Essentials thread by @MrMagoo because I want to try Tangwena's method. The other fermented foods in my life (yoghurt, cheese, kimchi, sauerkraut, pickled asparagus) have all been good for my health (and I have a lot of health problems, sigh. Just born that way, I guess.)

I am autistic (Aspergers) and I need CBD. THC-only helps, but CBD is transformative for me.
I have a grow going with six different auto strains:

1:1 Crack CBD
All CBD SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD--big girls)
2:1 Auto Blue Ace
1 CBDV (not sure what it is, haha, but I am wanting to find out! :p She is also a big girl.)
2 of the TopTao Blueberry Crystal (and they were on the roof, and got budrot).
And I planted 1 each of 11 Roses Auto (all THC), and one cola got budrot, so I am watching it. This is her.
11 Roses Auto:
11ra.jpg

I also have two 5% CBD BlueBerry Crystal Autos that smell great, but got bud rot. I just chopped and washed and hung them this morning. (They were still small, and some sticky, but not too many. They were still throwing pistils.)

hung.jpg

Will it work to cob CBD plants?
Someone said sativa THC works better, but I need CBD, and I have to believe that fermentation is better.
I would like to finish reading the 3 page thread, and then experiment on the BlueBerry Crystal.
And if that works, I want to do the 11 Roses Auto.

About how many corn husks do I want to buy, to wrap the blueberry girls? They did not get very big, but they have enough crystals that they should still hit.
I am guessing 7, maybe 8 ears of corn, to be safe.
I am guessing another 7-8 when it is time to chop the 11 Roses Auto.

Am I posting in the right place?
And do my questions make sense?
Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, PS, I read that after we take it out of the cob, we vaccuum seal the jars.
How does one vacuum seal jars?? (Probably I will have to order something, and have it shipped in, so I had better get on it.) Thanks.
Lets find out my friend. You dont need corn husks to do this you can just use the vacuum bags on their own.
I would suggest doing that its easier to see the color changes without opening the bag.
I dont know much about CBD or how it changes if it does.
But if your plants are CBD rich it will be interesting to see.
Come to think of it a guy did some Israeli made plants years ago that were CBD rich he had them tested at a lab in the US.
I will see if I can dig them up for you.

Lets find out my friend. You dont need corn husks to do this you can just use the vacuum bags on their own.
I would suggest doing that its easier to see the color changes without opening the bag.
I dont know much about CBD or how it changes if it does.
But if your plants are CBD rich it will be interesting to see.
Come to think of it a guy did some Israeli made plants years ago that were CBD rich he had them tested at a lab in the US.
I will see if I can dig them up for you.
Thank you, @tangwena , that is very nice!
:green_heart:

Thank you so much for posting this.
The strain shows as Juanita La Lagrimosa 2.
Is that the same as Juanita La Lagrimosa ("OG", haha)?
Juanita La Lagrimosa ("OG") is supposed to be a high-CBD strain.

>> Juanita la Lagrimosa by Reggae Seeds is an evenly balanced hybrid strain with sativa leaning effects. It comes from Spain's sunny climate and while being a popular strain in Europe remains relatively unknown elsewhere in the world. It is considered a high CBD strain, containing CBD levels between 6% - 9%.

So, some high-CBD weed went in, and some NO-CBD weed came out??
Oy... :(

Well, thank you very much for checking, @tangwena ! That just saved me a lot of work!! Lol!! 😂
:thanks:

Well, maybe I can still cob the 11 Roses (all THC) when it is ready.
And I have some other all-THC seeds I can cob.
Oh, and corn is easy to get here. It is like a ten minute walk. So I can get some when the 11R is ready. (Just to say it, if it would taste better, and have better flavor, I would like to try it! And see how you guys in Malawi do things!
Someone said you can leave a small bud outside of the corn husk, so you can see the progress of the ferment, and if it is sweating--so I thought I would try that. I am very excited for the flavor of the corn, and the special qualities it adds! I hope that is alright! Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us.

Thank you so much for posting this.
The strain shows as Juanita La Lagrimosa 2.
Is that the same as Juanita La Lagrimosa ("OG", haha)?
Juanita La Lagrimosa ("OG") is supposed to be a high-CBD strain.

>> Juanita la Lagrimosa by Reggae Seeds is an evenly balanced hybrid strain with sativa leaning effects. It comes from Spain's sunny climate and while being a popular strain in Europe remains relatively unknown elsewhere in the world. It is considered a high CBD strain, containing CBD levels between 6% - 9%.

So, some high-CBD weed went in, and some NO-CBD weed came out??
Oy... :(

Well, thank you very much for checking, @tangwena ! That just saved me a lot of work!! Lol!! 😂
:thanks:

Well, maybe I can still cob the 11 Roses (all THC) when it is ready.
And I have some other all-THC seeds I can cob.
Oh, and corn is easy to get here. It is like a ten minute walk. So I can get some when the 11R is ready. (Just to say it, if it would taste better, and have better flavor, I would like to try it! And see how you guys in Malawi do things!
Someone said you can leave a small bud outside of the corn husk, so you can see the progress of the ferment, and if it is sweating--so I thought I would try that. I am very excited for the flavor of the corn, and the special qualities it adds! I hope that is alright! Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us.
Hello to you buddy!! I'd definitely give the cob a shot! If you do please post pictures/effects/smoke reports. I know @tangwena actually eats his cob because he said it has the strongest effects that way. Either way your plants look very nice!! Some purdy girls!! Happy Friday and nice to "meet" you!! 😎✌️

@tangwena , gro you just saved my whole CBD crop!! :thanks::p
I was going to put the 100% CBD girls into the cob, and I would've come out with NO CBD!! 😱😱😱

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hello to you buddy!! I'd definitely give the cob a shot! If you do please post pictures/effects/smoke reports. I know @tangwena actually eats his cob because he said it has the strongest effects that way. Either way your plants look very nice!! Some purdy girls!! Happy Friday and nice to "meet" you!! 😎✌️
Thanks, @Scottay ! ("Otay!!" Lol!)
I will definitely let you know. And I'll try to save a little bit outside the cob, so I can compare.
I want to try eating it also! If the Maestro likes it best that way, then it's probably best like that, so at least to try it that way! :p
Thanks about the plants! These SIPs are amazing, and @InTheShed and @bluter and @Azimuth and @SmokingWings and many others have helped me a lot!

Oh, I see. It is Juanita La Lagrimosa SAMPLES NUMBER #2 and #3.
But still, high-CBD in, zero-CBD out!
Thanks for saving my CBD. :)

Oh, I see. It is Juanita La Lagrimosa SAMPLES NUMBER #2 and #3.
But still, high-CBD in, zero-CBD out!
Thanks for saving my CBD. :)
If you check closer you will see 0.01 CBD in the bud and 0.03 CBD in the cob cured thats an increase of 300%
I dont think these sort of tests are much use there are so many other compounds made when cobbing that they dont recognize or have a name for its a joke.
Just try a small amount and age it for 6 months before trying it, you may be surprised these scientists are playing catch up as far as cannabis is concerned.
You may find some compound not yet tested for that works better than CBD.

@tangwena , gro you just saved my whole CBD crop!!
I was going to put the 100% CBD girls into the cob, and I would've come out with NO CBD!!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
I dunno nothing about cobs but I do know that without a lab test before cobbing, the lab tests after cobbing should be considered suspect at best and meaningless at worst.

What it does tell you (without knowing how long they were cobbed for) is that 90% of the THCa did not convert to THC as some folks claim it does during cobbing.

I dunno nothing about cobs but I do know that without a lab test before cobbing, the lab tests after cobbing should be considered suspect at best and meaningless at worst.

What it does tell you (without knowing how long they were cobbed for) is that 90% of the THCa did not convert to THC as some folks claim it does during cobbing.
Exactly but the first report was bud/flower the second was cobbed.
But you are right we dont know how well it was made.
You wouldn't be an Aussie by any chance ha ha, the slowest folk on the planet when it comes to absorbing knowledge.

Exactly but the first report was bud/flower the second was cobbed.
They both said "flower" on the reports and were done the same day. Did you mention it was a before and after test in that post?

If one test is on the flower and one is on the cob then there was no loss of CBD at all, it was just an insignificant amount to begin with. I don't understand @el gringuito's concern about loss of CBD through cobbing then based on those results.

My CBD plant tests around 15%.

I took the poster at his word I have no reason to doubt it.
He posted that on IC years ago as the laboratory had no idea what cob was they just called it flower.

Also when you have by your own admission no experience of cobbing your comments are just trolling and based on ignorance.
Judging by all your trophies you can grow flowers best keep your opinions to what you have experience in.

Back
Top Bottom