Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Cool buds are those from local indiginus growers or from other growers.
The cob looks awesome it will make a good cob I am sure.
Heres some buds I cured for 24 hrs before and after. You should get a similar quick change on yours keep your eye on them.
As soon as you get it dry the access moisture from them and seal them up for week then check and repeat.
Until you can smell a nice sweet smell then fully dry for long term aging.

img_0145-web.jpg
img_0147-web.jpg
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG

Sexy pictures Tangwena. :high-five:

So I did about a 13 hour steep in the sous vide at 104F/40C and put it on a 80F router for 2 hours after I took it out since I couldn't get to it right away. Had to learn that I needed to cut the bag to open (won't peel apart) and then the cob was SUPER sticky stuck to the bag inside. Probably the result of my squishing and rolling it in there instead of a separate step.

Anyway...I figured this would happen as i noticed it last night - one side of the cob is darker than the other, due to vertical rising of heat in the bag.

I like the color I think, it's darkened well but not black...lol Smells amazing! A little like fermenting fruit and grass. Like a stronger version of the bud itself, just with more depth.

Dark side:
20191219_095932.jpg
20191219_114511.jpg
20191219_115141.jpg

Lighter side:
20191219_095953.jpg
20191219_114522.jpg
20191219_115150.jpg

There wasn't any moisture on the bag itself since it was stuck to the cob, but I'm letting it dry out for an hour or more before putting it back in the bag for a week cure.

So I did about a 13 hour steep in the sous vide at 104F/40C and put it on a 80F router for 2 hours after I took it out since I couldn't get to it right away. Had to learn that I needed to cut the bag to open (won't peel apart) and then the cob was SUPER sticky stuck to the bag inside. Probably the result of my squishing and rolling it in there instead of a separate step.

Anyway...I figured this would happen as i noticed it last night - one side of the cob is darker than the other, due to vertical rising of heat in the bag.

I like the color I think, it's darkened well but not black...lol Smells amazing! A little like fermenting fruit and grass. Like a stronger version of the bud itself, just with more depth.

Dark side:
20191219_095932.jpg
20191219_114511.jpg
20191219_115141.jpg

Lighter side:
20191219_095953.jpg
20191219_114522.jpg
20191219_115150.jpg

There wasn't any moisture on the bag itself since it was stuck to the cob, but I'm letting it dry out for an hour or more before putting it back in the bag for a week cure.

Good work. :high-five:

I seal a knife in the bottom of the bag to weight it down. That eliminated the spotty coloration.

First time through I simply set a coffee cup on the bag to keep it underwater. That worked too.

Good work. :high-five:

I seal a knife in the bottom of the bag to weight it down. That eliminated the spotty coloration.

First time through I simply set a coffee cup on the bag to keep it underwater. That worked too.

It did stay underwater the whole time - I'm just wondering if the "heat rising" issue showed up (or maybe light), causing a darker topside than underneath?

It did stay underwater the whole time - I'm just wondering if the "heat rising" issue showed up (or maybe light), causing a darker topside than underneath?
It was probably from having it on the router it can change quickly.
That looks very nice to me you just need to dry about 75% of that moisture before sealing it back up.
Fingers crossed it looks like your on the way to a nice cure.

Sexy pictures Tangwena. :high-five:
I'm trying to keep as many of the terps as possible these cobs smell like heaven even now ha ha.
The other day I was deep inside my head tripping and riding the waves on some early picked Panama x Honduras cob.
Its easy to chew too much ha ha.
Anyway I got to thinking about this batch and I got the most amazing insight like a revelation like instructions on how to do it from the universe.
So this batch is being done a little different it seems to working really good so far ha ha.
Deep space thoughts are the best are they not?

Little update on the future cobs. I have managed to keep these Mulanje x Swaziland females alive. End of week 7 of flower. Estimating end of January for finish maybe later.

Black pepper spice coming off them. Plucked some dead material off a few colas and got an amazing floral lemon or citrus that reminded me of Acapulco gold or lemon haze. I dunno. But the smells are picking up.

Well, maybe my router was a little warm as the juices from the cob has spread through the bag now and it's very dark now. Was it too young? Too wet? Should I take it out and let it dry? This is 24ish hours after re-sealing the bag, after drying for 2 hours, after 13 hours of the primary ferment.

20191220_145026.jpg
20191220_145034.jpg

Well, maybe my router was a little warm as the juices from the cob has spread through the bag now and it's very dark now. Was it too young? Too wet? Should I take it out and let it dry? This is 24ish hours after re-sealing the bag, after drying for 2 hours, after 13 hours of the primary ferment.

20191220_145026.jpg
20191220_145034.jpg
Def dry it completely you will loose a bit of taste and terps, but once dried and aged the highs on the dark cobs like that can be really strong not the best tasting but effects can be off the charts.

You need to dry the buds a bit more before you start and again after the initial sweating.
Getting the moisture content just right is the secret.
The best smelling and tasting cobs are with drier buds and short or no sweat if your ambient temps are around 30+c you dont need to force the sweating.

You didn't answer my question on where the buds came from are they local landraces or imported modern day hybrids?
The answer will effect how they should be cured.

Def dry it completely you will loose a bit of taste and terps, but once dried and aged the highs on the dark cobs like that can be really strong not the best tasting but effects can be off the charts.

You need to dry the buds a bit more before you start and again after the initial sweating.
Getting the moisture content just right is the secret.
The best smelling and tasting cobs are with drier buds and short or no sweat if your ambient temps are around 30+c you dont need to force the sweating.

You didn't answer my question on where the buds came from are they local landraces or imported modern day hybrids?
The answer will effect how they should be cured.
Oh I didn't see that question! Got the seeds online... these are Skunk #1 from seedsman I think. The temp here is between 40-65 right now with winter. Inside with my windows open it doesn't get under 65 but rh% is between 25-40. That's Fahrenheit, btw!

Oh I didn't see that question! Got the seeds online... these are Skunk #1 from seedsman I think. The temp here is between 40-65 right now with winter. Inside with my windows open it doesn't get under 65 but rh% is between 25-40. That's Fahrenheit, btw!

Today after another 24 on the router. Temp has been 75-78F. The bag isn't wet anymore, some stains left over from the second unexpected sweat.

20191221_165944.jpg

Today after another 24 on the router. Temp has been 75-78F. The bag isn't wet anymore, some stains left over from the second unexpected sweat.

20191221_165944.jpg

Don’t let yourself be concerned anymore. You’re on the right path to exquisite cob experiences. :thumb: Every time you open it up give it plenty of time to dry. One of those times your nose will go, “Oooo.... nice!”

That’s the moment to let them dry completely. The nose knows. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since all of my cobs are now better than a year old and have been getting more potent as they go along I’ve decided to cut back to doses of 0.1 gr.

Not growing at the moment, with little chance of that changing in the near future means I want my stock to last as long as possible. It sure was sweet to find this process on top of all the oil advancements we’ve made that stretch the produce. :love:

Since all of my cobs are now better than a year old and have been getting more potent as they go along I’ve decided to cut back to doses of 0.1 gr.

Not growing at the moment, with little chance of that changing in the near future means I want my stock to last as long as possible. It sure was sweet to find this process on top of all the oil advancements we’ve made that stretch the produce. :love:
Haha told you so I'm not sure if it gets stronger or we get more attuned to the effects but your getting the same results as I do.
I used to freak out hearing people taking a whole gram but in the beginning maybe it needs that much I certainly only need 0.1g to 0.2 max these days and 0.2g is a strong hit for me.
The cobs are def lasting longer and longer these days ha ha.
Something I have noticed with me is the early harvest cobs are hell stronger at least to me it seems wrong but I cant deny the effects.

Don’t let yourself be concerned anymore. You’re on the right path to exquisite cob experiences. :thumb: Every time you open it up give it plenty of time to dry. One of those times your nose will go, “Oooo.... nice!”

That’s the moment to let them dry completely. The nose knows. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It gave me that sense on the first inhale!! If it only gets better, I can't (or CAN) wait!! :)

It gave me that sense on the first inhale!! If it only gets better, I can't (or CAN) wait!! :)
It might be there already.
Just chewed some fermented/sweated cob that was alive and growing 5 days ago just to test it you understand.
I stopped sweating it after 12 hours and went straight to drying and aging it smelt sooooo good its only like 10 mins in and I'm finding typing very difficult yeaha!

It might be there already.
Just chewed some fermented/sweated cob that was alive and growing 5 days ago just to test it you understand.
I stopped sweating it after 12 hours and went straight to drying and aging it smelt sooooo good its only like 10 mins in and I'm finding typing very difficult yeaha!

Yahoo! :yahoo:

Thoughts on the reduced dose...

It didn’t carry as long, but is was easier to be present with others on 0.1 gr than 0.2. :laughtwo: I found it a satisfying buzz, pretty much what I expected, given how powerful the larger dose was becoming.

I’d say they’re definitely getting more potent as they sit in storage. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Heres some Mulanje buds I experimented on with lots of different sweating techniques.
The second pic is the result of 2 of those experiments a slice off of a cob and some canary buds all 5 days since harvesting.

They now need aging the early taste I had yesterday faded fast something that wont happen once aged I cant wait for the extended play version.

IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG

Back
Top Bottom