Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

I do 6g/2L for heavy feeders, and 5g/2L for lighter feeders, but I've been boosting that 5 to 5.5 lately and like the results so far.
It's very much a cheat of sorts... you're probably feeding them too much to begin with but not enough to end with. I try to address that with a lighter nute load at the top where young roots are developing. When I get my game nailed down I might start supplementing some with a touch of liquid nutes late in their lives.... we'll see.

The shape of the soda bottle 2Ls play into the equation some as well. They give a good size to allow for a good flow of water and nutrients up the medium column as the water at the top evaporates off.

Another thing to remember.... heat effects nutrient levels, so you might be able to adjust their nute levels some using garden placement and temps. I keep my youngins next to the AC inlet... that keeps them a touch cooler thus a bit lighter in the nute department.

I'll increase the Osmo volume a tad. My apartment stays at around 73 year round. I'll keep the temps in mind when things start to heat up, because the tents tend to get crazy in the summer. Thanks for the heads up.

That looks like fine carpentry. Are you planning to put it inside an existing shed, or build an outer shed around it?
I think you will like I'm working with something well just like it it seems
420-magazine-mobile483301878.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2079322132.jpg

I got about 250 grams at least gsc still hanging in 83 days with 240ish watts out of the wall I can't get higher yield next I believe I over nuted slightly in the start and that slowed the green crack some I could be wrong I'll find out in a few months on next grow my dad has cancer so peeps with strain suggestions let me know I'm confident in my skills now

So... got the inner shed frame put together... mostly.

It's currently oriented in it's final direction. The AC will fit in the square frame over on the lower right. Oh look.... a cypress tree!
DSCN45761.JPG

The frame on the right is a door that will fit opposite the AC and be held in place by latches... kind of hatch like.
DSCN45774.JPG

It will be skinned on the inside with Reflectix double bubble and on the outside by thick black plastic. This gives me 2" (ish) of dead air space as insulation.
I meant to respond to u lol

I got about 250 grams at least gsc still hanging in 83 days with 240ish watts out of the wall I can't get higher yield next I believe I over nuted slightly in the start and that slowed the green crack some I could be wrong I'll find out in a few months on next grow my dad has cancer so peeps with strain suggestions let me know I'm confident in my skills now

Welcome along SG!
That's a nice little grow cabinet... even with AC in it. Seems about perfect for 240w of LED. You might further reduce your heat by somehow enclosing the LEDs and running air thru the enclosure.
Are those walls just 1/4 drywall?
Is that just dirt or some other sort of fancy medium?

Welcome along SG!
That's a nice little grow cabinet... even with AC in it. Seems about perfect for 240w of LED. You might further reduce your heat by somehow enclosing the LEDs and running air thru the enclosure.
No luan I'm not using ac for temp I use for humidity originally I had box in different location thought if I used ventilation to pull cold air would work no go ac must be in grow box to drive down humidity air has to pass over condenser box at most only gets 12 degrees higher than outside of box temps when I use ventilator only I can get temp to 75 easy it's humidity that is a pain

I'm excited Tead. The prospect of not having to do anymore than add pH-corrected water and Cal/Mag thrills me. Make my life easier neighbor. :laughtwo:

IMG_60548.JPG

Come see us either in the study hall (see my signature) or Cajun's cancer thread. We'll get you squared away. :hug: :love:

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

No luan I'm not using ac for temp I use for humidity originally I had box in different location thought if I used ventilation to pull cold air would work no go ac must be in grow box to drive down humidity air has to pass over condenser box at most only gets 12 degrees higher than outside of box temps when I use ventilator only I can get temp to 75 easy it's humidity that is a pain

hehe..... we obviously live in different worlds. Fun.
I have to use a dehumidifier to dry my herb and must use AC for active cooling most parts of the year.
New Orleans is a swamp.... quite literally. We may have filled it in a touch, but the swampishness remains in many different ways.

Welcome along SG!
Medium is about 20% petite 70% coco choir 10% Leca clay I will leave out Leca next time I read it can ph fluctuation and I did have some of that we will see

hehe..... we obviously live in different worlds. Fun.
I have to use a dehumidifier to dry my herb and must use AC for active cooling most parts of the year.
New Orleans is a swamp.... quite literally. We may have filled it in a touch, but the swampishness remains in many different ways.
Lol I'm in Appalachian Mountains rh changes daily I will need dehumidifier in summertime I tried to time grow out so that I have summer off less electricity my plan is by next year I will be on solar power I think that it's not told enough that you need ac and dehumidifier yes you can get by if you want inconsistent bud results aka ok bud but if you want to not come home from work one day and see your at 85 humidity at 85 degrees and buds look like dandelions then have full control of your environment for example my buds hanging I went to bed 100% rh (raining) but I know better if I leave ac and heater Ser for that than I will wake up to 20%rh in room so I had to set up for rain to stop I woke up room was at 50%rh but I needed to shut down ac fast lol anyways good stuff

Medium is about 20% petite 70% coco choir 10% Leca clay I will leave out Leca next time I read it can ph fluctuation and I did have some of that we will see

Ya know.... I'm not sure I'd point at the clay. I think a much more likely cause is the coco. It's a great medium, but it appears to be a bit tweaky in the PH department. I commonly see coco grows with PH issues. It always seems to wash out in the end that it's better to just not worry about it so much. Coco seems to be more of an active environment rather than a completely neutral medium.

I do pure perlite in hempy pots.

Lol I'm in Appalachian Mountains rh changes daily I will need dehumidifier in summertime I tried to time grow out so that I have summer off less electricity my plan is by next year I will be on solar power I think that it's not told enough that you need ac and dehumidifier yes you can get by if you want inconsistent bud results aka ok bud but if you want to not come home from work one day and see your at 85 humidity at 85 degrees and buds look like dandelions then have full control of your environment for example my buds hanging I went to bed 100% rh (raining) but I know better if I leave ac and heater Ser for that than I will wake up to 20%rh in room so I had to set up for rain to stop I woke up room was at 50%rh but I needed to shut down ac fast lol anyways good stuff

I'm regularly have humidity in the 80s and 90s and can pretty much say the same about my temps.
It's ugly. I'm really trying to grow on the edge of the growing envelope.
Still tho... I'm feeding the need, so it's all good. I may not see the massive grows that folks in better environments can see... but you play the cards in your hand after all.

Oh!
It's that time of year again. If you have a Jazzfest visit in your plans, drop me a line. I'm a block away from the front gate and can save you a parking spot you can stumble back to after a full day of frolicking.
Of course, you'll have to spend some time with me and the pup sucking down a bowl or two from my garden... but we all have our burdens to bare in this life after all.
Hmmm.... it might cost you some Crawfish bread from the fest too. Hell, we're NOLA baby... we even have good food at fest booths!

So... more ponderings... sorry.

There's a really hard split between growing the hydro and soil growing methods. You can't use any of the active soil techniques in hydro. For example, I love the HighBrix grow method, but can find no way to implement any techniques that build an active medium in a hempy pot.
But I see people have PH issues and other issues in Coco. It makes me wonder if coco can support an active medium.
Gotta put a coco pot together.....

So... more ponderings... sorry.

There's a really hard split between growing the hydro and soil growing methods. You can't use any of the active soil techniques in hydro. For example, I love the HighBrix grow method, but can find no way to implement any techniques that build an active medium in a hempy pot.
But I see people have PH issues and other issues in Coco. It makes me wonder if coco can support an active medium.
Gotta put a coco pot together.....

Coco will support a more active soil community in an organic soil mix. I'd suppose that would hold true in some sense with hydro too, wouldn't it? With living organic soil mixes you're feeding the soil, not the plant, but with hydro you're feeding the roots directly. There's still a lot of asking for nutrients by the plants and cocoa must make that happen more aggressively. I just don't understand why that effects pH.

Your curious gardner's mind is as bad as mine. :laughtwo:

I find myself pondering the future a bit this morning.
Thinking of mixing and matching some ideas from around the threads into one really lazy grow.
Osmo+ of course... thus no nutes.
Hempy.... well... of course.
2L... just works well in my world
Auto water system with runoff collection.... think "Hexapus"

OsmoHempySodaPus!

Yeah...... I wanna see this. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom