Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Your curious gardner's mind is as bad as mine. :laughtwo:

The thoughts constantly flow. It can even be overwhelming.... but always fun.

This morning... my thoughts rotate around some damn autos that are monsters! Damn things are chewing up nearly 1/4 of my bloom space. Plus, they're too big to move anymore... broke a branch moving it for watering. And damn... they're barely middle aged. Shit!

DSCN45791.JPG

The thoughts constantly flow. It can even be overwhelming.... but always fun.

This morning... my thoughts rotate around some damn autos that are monsters! Damn things are chewing up nearly 1/4 of my bloom space. Plus, they're too big to move anymore... broke a branch moving it for watering. And damn... they're barely middle aged. Shit!

DSCN45791.JPG

Must be some good genetics. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We need to get him growing some DDA. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hang on... it's a full boat today.

The veg tent...
DSCN45881.JPG

Some rooting clones...
DSCN46065.JPG

A re-vegging Crit+2.0
DSCN46073.JPG

Ultradog
DSCN46042.JPG

Nichole Kush x something I keep forgetting... but I think Rad knows... I'll let him form that part of my memory for the moment.
DSCN46023.JPG

UltraDog4... watching for male bits.
DSCN46003.JPG

A couple of OGKs
DSCN45974.JPG

A pair of Blue Dreams
DSCN45961.JPG

An OGK in a 6L PVC tube
DSCN45902.JPG

2UDs in the back. Nichole Kush front right. A plant I lost the label to but might be BD front left.
DSCN46112.JPG

Re-vegging KaliAK
DSCN46094.JPG

A DDA in the wild.... not doing well, but at least showing red
DSCN45841.JPG

My mystery volunteer. She may be heading back into veg, but she sure smells nice!
DSCN4582.JPG

The Blue dream mother moved outside and upcanned to a 5g.
DSCN45811.JPG

On to the bloom room....

Some views of the SSDC standing alone.
DSCN46342.JPG
DSCN46301.JPG
DSCN46291.JPG

OGKs
DSCN46273.JPG

PC
DSCN46243.JPG

UD
DSCN46223.JPG

UD
DSCN4620.JPG

PC
DSCN46193.JPG

UD
DSCN46161.JPG

The DDA. I just moved her over to the bloom tent.
DSCN46141.JPG

Phew!

I find myself pondering the future a bit this morning.
Thinking of mixing and matching some ideas from around the threads into one really lazy grow.
Osmo+ of course... thus no nutes.
Hempy.... well... of course.
2L... just works well in my world
Auto water system with runoff collection.... think "Hexapus"

OsmoHempySodaPus!

Hexapus- where steampunk meets practical science :)

Did I ever tell you that when I sold a house in California and bought a house in Arizona, I needed to spend $25K more on the mortgage or get killed by taxes. I used some of the money to get custom plantation shutters but most of it went to a low maintenance swimming pool.

To clean the pool water, there were little sprinkler heads that popped up and sprayed jets of water underwater along the shell of the pool. A connection to the water supply automatically refilled the water level. To cool the water temperature, I dialed more water into the waterfall. To inclease chlorine, I dialed more voltage through the automatic chlorine generator. My total maintenance schedule was every 2 weeks, clean the leaf basket and backwash (run water backwards) through the filter and into an underground sump. Three times a year, check the chlorine level and adjust the dial. Once a year (in spring), take a water to the pool store and get the salinity tested. Per the results, I would dump two to four 50 lb bags of salt into the pool.

When it was a freshwater pool I had to fiddle with PH, add salt to the chlorine generator, change the electrodes once every 12-18 months and tweak the voltage every 2 weeks. After converting to a salt water pool, that silliness went away and I only tested the and tweaked chlorine levels when the seasons changed.

I like automated systems that are set and forget. Like humidifiers, dehumidifiers, heaters, coolers, and Hexapi.

Oh!
It's that time of year again. If you have a Jazzfest visit in your plans, drop me a line. I'm a block away from the front gate and can save you a parking spot you can stumble back to after a full day of frolicking.
Of course, you'll have to spend some time with me and the pup sucking down a bowl or two from my garden... but we all have our burdens to bare in this life after all.
Hmmm.... it might cost you some Crawfish bread from the fest too. Hell, we're NOLA baby... we even have good food at fest booths!

Our big jazz festival isn't until late summer, but there are abut 20 smaller music festivals between now and then. Earth day morning we had racers in neon colors in front of the house (coming and going.) We also had our first 'block off the streets' music festival (6 blocks away) the weekend before Easter.

Our festival food is good (same reason as NOLA, our regular food is good.) Our festival beer is good to. I think we had 6 beer tasting festivals last year :)

I'm seriously considering starting a tourist trolley business where I drive folks around and talk about where the gangsters lived, where they got shot, where whorehouses, cabarets, and breweries used to be, where the bars, cabarets and breweries are now. I like those kinds of tours when I travel, and our city has some juicy histories :)

Nichole Kush x something I keep forgetting... but I think Rad knows... I'll let him form that part of my memory for the moment.
DSCN46023.JPG

Moroccan. :laughtwo:

Weaselcracker has the memory. Rad is the one who had several concussions as a child and changed from geeky whiz kid to teenager who didn't smoke or drink but everyone saw as a nerdy mega stoner. In one of the highlights of my high school life, a cop offered to smoke me up with his weed (cops had the best weed) if I smoked him up with some of mine. I had to confess that I had never tried the stuff. He offered to smoke me up anyway, but I politely declined :)

Some views of the SSDC standing alone.
DSCN46301.JPG

The cheese stands alone. The cheese stands alone. Hi Ho the Dairy-o, the cheese stands alone.

I'd never be able to keep them all straight. Can't remember crap anymore. Wonder why? :biglaugh:

Ya know.... I've been using little plastic tags cut from milk jugs but they sure float around and fall out on occasion. Rad has some alum. tags he wires onto the jugs.... I know my next marking system! I've been putting a database together to track my girls, but I can be pretty ADD when it comes to any programming tasks so it may be a moon or two.

Moroccan. :laughtwo:

Crap.... now I've lost the handle on the index I use to connect to my memories.... I'm fucked.
Melvil Dewey would NOT be impressed.

custom plantation shutters

Shockingly expensive.... right? They've a very common touch with all the old shotguns. Creating them and repairing them is a minor industry down here.

low maintenance swimming pool.

I grew up taking care of a pool. Before the days of the newer systems.
I used to think that it was a PITA to deal with once a week... sweep, suck, backwash, adjust... you know the dance. Once I discovered hydro growing, my opinion of that task changed... I sure wish I could deal with my garden once a week.

I like automated systems that are set and forget. Like humidifiers, dehumidifiers, heaters, coolers, and Hexapi.

Me too. Rube Goldberg was my kinda guy.
It's an engineer mindset. I recognize it everywhere. Fun.

Our big jazz festival isn't until late summer, but there are abut 20 smaller music festivals between now and then. Earth day morning we had racers in neon colors in front of the house (coming and going.) We also had our first 'block off the streets' music festival (6 blocks away) the weekend before Easter.

We have to hit the sides of summer... it's a pretty quiet world when the heat descends.
As you can imagine, we sport a large array of parties locally. They range from simple neighborhood crawfish boils (my fav) to the huge affairs like MG and Jazzfest.... with a broad variety between. Hmmm.... I think the Greek fest is rolling around... they have good food.... but I digress. As a local, you really have a broad array of options in the spring and fall... and they all come with awesome food of course.

Our festival food is good (same reason as NOLA, our regular food is good.) Our festival beer is good to. I think we had 6 beer tasting festivals last year

I dunno.... New Orleans Jazz Fest Food from A to Z: An alphabet of flavors | NOLA.com
You got us on the beer tho... we don't have the water to make a large amount of good brew.

I'm seriously considering starting a tourist trolley business where I drive folks around and talk about where the gangsters lived, where they got shot, where whorehouses, cabarets, and breweries used to be, where the bars, cabarets and breweries are now. I like those kinds of tours when I travel, and our city has some juicy histories

Bike tour guide... my dream. It's actually a fairly heavily regulated industry locally requiring history classes, licensing, and drug testing.

cops had the best weed

That was true in the little bump I grew up in as well. Bitches.... they probably got to pick and sample often from folks they caught and confiscated from. I remember being jealous at the time.

The cheese stands alone. The cheese stands alone. Hi Ho the Dairy-o, the cheese stands alone.

SSDC = Sweet & Sour Devil's Crack. I forget if there's any cheese involved.... I feel like the answer is no, but I suspect we'll hear about it soon....

SSDC = Sweet & Sour Devil's Crack. I forget if there's any cheese involved.... I feel like the answer is no, but I suspect we'll hear about it soon....

Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto fem pollen and a Mephisto Sour Crack mother. I have two going now. Smell just like the dda, with the sour crack structure... only larger. :) I'll grab some lights out photos of mine tonight and get them up. Hard to tell much under the hps.

We don't have the exotic foods of a city in the swamps with fast access to island cuisine - but around here, most chains don't do well. We have something like 5 McDonalds for 250K people. Crispy Kreme lasted 3 months. Dunkin' Donuts about the same. Lots of foodie palates and you can talk about food with the kid stocking the shelf in the grocery aisle.

It's not a strong regional cuisine, but a lot of descendants of Belgians, Italians, Armenians and other groups that demand their food to be well spiced and prepared with quality ingredients. New York City quality at midwestern prices :)

Bike tour guide... my dream. It's actually a fairly heavily regulated industry locally requiring history classes, licensing, and drug testing.

I spent about 20 minutes talking regulations with Bloody Mary of Bloody Mary's Tours once (more listening than talking actually.) Since then they've closed your Cemetery #1 to visitors except with a tour - a great racket for the tour guides. I rode a pedicab for 9 blocks to travel 4 blocks once, city regulations on routes. In a place with so many drifters and hustlers, businesses without store fronts probably need some serious regulation.

I'm glad they leave their street artists and musicians mostly alone (maybe that's an illusion) - but they also self regulate - they have their spots. The panhandlers in San Francisco used to have their spots, but sometimes I'd see them at shift change: The scrawny dog, blanket, and hand lettered sign would stay the same, only the beggars changed.

Don't be confusing me with facts! It had a 'C' in it. Shrimp Scampi and Doggone Cheese - The cheese stands alone in my world. There is nothing like traditional doggerel to keep culture alive - unless it's actual cultural traditions. That works better :)

Some words about a Critical+ 2.0....

I grew her out. Didn't initially like her, so stopped cloning her. After the grow completed, I had discovered that I needed a lighter nute load and so I reveged the C+ because I wanna give her another swing.

Reveged.... she did it quick.
DSCN46384.JPG

DSCN46422.JPG
DSCN46405.JPG

4 clones
DSCN46452.JPG
DSCN46473.JPG

A little post on the roots... you can see the roots didn't penetrate the res at the bottom telling me the nute load down there was too high. She got root bound as hell during the reveg. If I let her go longer she would show root related problems.
DSCN46492.JPG
DSCN46505.JPG

Some words about a Critical+ 2.0....

DSCN46473.JPG

A little post on the roots... you can see the roots didn't penetrate the res at the bottom telling me the nute load down there was too high. She got root bound as hell during the reveg. If I let her go longer she would show root related problems.
DSCN46492.JPG

Congrats on the reveg - that went well.

It must be nice to have your expertise.

It looks like you left more than several leaves and a bud, like I have heard described. This looks more like trimmed the best buds and left everything else. What's your take on how to trim for a reveg?

And kudus on your writing - Rube Goldberg and the Dewey Decimal System in the same post - those are Mad Max skills :rofl:

Congrats on the reveg - that went well.

It must be nice to have your expertise.

It looks like you left more than several leaves and a bud, like I have heard described. This looks more like trimmed the best buds and left everything else. What's your take on how to trim for a reveg?

And kudus on your writing - Rube Goldberg and the Dewey Decimal System in the same post - those are Mad Max skills :rofl:

The rule of thumb is to leave 1/3 of the plant mass. Of course, the lower growth is what everyone leaves for obvious reasons... as do I. I think I push the 1/3 down to about 20%.... what can I say... you just can't leave all those pretty nugs behind just to grow out. I usually find some point on the main trunk and just chop it and smoke everything above the cut and leave everything below to grow out... no fancy trimming or anything. It's gonna take at least 3 weeks before you can clip clones, and maybe much longer depending on the strain and your local environment.

Yup... Rube and Dewey in one swell foop of randomness.... one can't resist when presented with those sorts of opportunities after all.

The rule of thumb is to leave 1/3 of the plant mass. Of course, the lower growth is what everyone leaves for obvious reasons... as do I. I think I push the 1/3 down to about 20%.... what can I say... you just can't leave all those pretty nugs behind just to grow out. I usually find some point on the main trunk and just chop it and smoke everything above the cut and leave everything below to grow out... no fancy trimming or anything. It's gonna take at least 3 weeks before you can clip clones, and maybe much longer depending on the strain and your local environment.

Yup... Rube and Dewey in one swell foop of randomness.... one can't resist when presented with those sorts of opportunities after all.

When do you start the nutes for optimal reveg?

When do you start the nutes for optimal reveg?

Well.... in my world, I just don't worry about nutes. Osmo baby!
But when using liquid nutes, I'd kind of just roll back the clock and treat them as vegging babies after a couple of good flushes. Maybe re-start them at 1/2 the full strength they normally consume and then work the way back up as the new growth gets bigger.

It can be rough.... you have a good bit of plant mass, but it's not actively growing, thus not eating really, so one can easily be tempted to be heavy handed with the nutes. One must remember that the growth consuming nutrients is only the new growth... not the entire plant mass. Kind of like you have a much smaller girl than what it looks like.

I rarely actually regrow the plants... I usually just grow them to get clones. All that messy grown out bud mass just dies off and makes a huge mess. Plus, the plants are crazy shaped with shoots going everywhere. Messy.

My sister has a '66 convertible. My first girl friend's brother had a 66 manual that I used to drive before she got her own car. My fondest Mustang memories are from when we were parked. :) The memories with her from the spacious back and front seats of the '56 Chrysler New Yorker are much more athletic. Bench seats are for comfort. Bucket seats are for speed :)

Think that's a 66? That's my bet, but I'm often wrong.
I've done some backseat dancing in a Mustang (Canary yellow '68). Coulda been bigger... but I was a much younger gent with some significantly lower standards.... and many more raging hormones.

Oh.... clippy clippy. Nice thick trunk on that one for a 2L.

DSCN46513.JPG
DSCN46561.JPG

Ok, I thought you had DDAs going. The little one outside might surprise you yet. The other looks superb. How old are they? Mine hit 65 today, no where near done yet. :laughtwo:

You sir, have quite the bevy of beauties. Do you find yourself shaking the head in wonder? The system churns along. :adore:

Back
Top Bottom