TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Here's a few pictures I snapped just before lights out at the end of day one of flower. Hope you're all have a great day.

420-magazine-mobile1171341700.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1598561624.jpg
420-magazine-mobile920850514.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741930199.jpg

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Looking great TK. It's going to be a jungle in there!
I know, lol. When I get to day 21 i can have a good defol, that's really going to help. I'm keeping the night temperatures warmer as well atmo to help stop them stretching like crazy. It's definitely going to be a jungle tho.

Spot on mate it's funny cuz I set up a 8 pot system a week ago and I brought the same timer. Let me no how that little 8 way manifold works I assumed I wouldn't get even pressure with it so went with the little grommet type fitting that let you push into the pipe but what a ball ache made me hands sore as doom and they still dribble some water
Watch them blue drippers don't block I just used the tube with bare end

I find your system interesting too. Its feed with a pump? That manifold is cool and I love the skinny rez. I'm with Scooby, I didn't know if it will water evenly. Is it possible, for science to get 8 identical water cups putting one dripper in each to see how even it waters? I'm very interested in that manifold as that's the direction I wanted to take but the ones at the home improvement store are ment to be run on a home sprinkler water system with more pressure. Where did you get this system and am I able to buy just parts of it online?? It's time to get auto watering back up and running in my grow but don't feel like sterilizing the whole system. The manifold would make cleaning much easier.

I really like your system. If it wateres evenly I will be buying that manifold asap. It would cut out a lot of extra mainline from my system.

Thanks TK

Just realized are you using two 8 way manifolds inline? Would you be able to put a cup under every dripper not just the 8? You have peaked my interest!

Spot on mate it's funny cuz I set up a 8 pot system a week ago and I brought the same timer. Let me no how that little 8 way manifold works I assumed I wouldn't get even pressure with it so went with the little grommet type fitting that let you push into the pipe but what a ball ache made me hands sore as doom and they still dribble some water
Watch them blue drippers don't block I just used the tube with bare end

What a coincidence ayy pal. I'm liking the timer so far, seems pretty good, you can set the dial to deliver feed times in 5 second intervals and choose between minutes and seconds. What I did was put the flexi pipe in a bucket with a few kettles full of boiling hot water, left it for a few minute and I could push each connection inside the pipe easy, I think the pipe then shrunk tight round the connections when they cooled. No more sore hands pal ;)! I also have no leaks, I don't think I even needed the cable ties.Do these blue drippers have a tendency to block pal, I've never used any drippers before? I also wasn't sure about the 8 way manifold delivering equal pressure but the guy in the shop said it would so I thought I'd give it a go, it seems to be doing the the trick too. All the feed tubes have to be equal in length.

I find your system interesting too. Its feed with a pump? That manifold is cool and I love the skinny rez. I'm with Scooby, I didn't know if it will water evenly. Is it possible, for science to get 8 identical water cups putting one dripper in each to see how even it waters? I'm very interested in that manifold as that's the direction I wanted to take but the ones at the home improvement store are ment to be run on a home sprinkler water system with more pressure. Where did you get this system and am I able to buy just parts of it online?? It's time to get auto watering back up and running in my grow but don't feel like sterilizing the whole system. The manifold would make cleaning much easier.

I really like your system. If it wateres evenly I will be buying that manifold asap. It would cut out a lot of extra mainline from my system.

Thanks TK

Just realized are you using two 8 way manifolds inline? Would you be able to put a cup under every dripper not just the 8? You have peaked my interest!

I'm glad you find my system interesting lol. I can sure walk you through it all. I can show you all the stuff outside the tent now and the rest when lights come on as the babies are asleep atmo. I actually got the new res in now too, it's much better I'll get a pic up for you.

Im using a 1000 litre an hour pump from the reservoir which has black flexi pipe attached to it(I think it's half inch) The flexi pipe then carries on up to a little black attachment which lets air in to stop siphoning(not sure what it's called). I have a small bit of feed tubing coming off of that and I make sure that part stays in the res as water flows out of it when the pump comes on. Another bit of flexi pipe then goes from that to an on/off valve so I can stop water from the pump if need be. Flexi pipe then runs off the other end of the valve into the tent and into an 8 way manifold and then more flexi pipe to another 8 way manifold and some more flexi pipe to an end stop. Off of each 8 way manifold I have 8x 60cm tubes attached to drippers. They all have to be the same length. I could now have done with some extra length on each feed tube but I'll have to wait till I buy more tubing as I didn't have enough to do more if I wanted them all equal, I'll probably add an extra 20/30cm or so next time to give a bit more flexibility when placing them around the pots.

I didn't test all drippers singularly at the same time in separate jugs but I did test 4 drippers, two from the front and two from the back manifold, each gave me a litre in 3 minutes 10 seconds. I tested two at a time each in a separate measuring jug, I then also had the other 7 drippers on each manifold in two separate buckets and I measured the amount of combined run off from each bucket. I got almost 7 litres in each bucket, they were both just slightly under by less than half a litre. I think each dripper is giving very close to the same amount of water.

I've got the res filled up atmo with nutrients and with drippers in the pots feeding them, I started using it last night. Yes pal it is two 8 way manifolds, 2 drippers in each pot. I'd be happy to try and test each dripper in single containers for you when I come to empty the res and if I can still get in easy enough to remove the drippers and piping from under the netting etc.

I bought all the bits from my local hydro store, it doesn't need to be used with a high pressure system and I built it all myself, it was so easy. If you're struggling to get the same parts I could always get them for you from my store and send them to you in the post if you want to create the same system? They're only small plastic parts it wouldn't cost you much at all for parts and postage and you'd easily be able to get the flexi pipe in the correct size.

Haha I'm glad I have your interest pal, I'm loving the auto feeding, I'm not gonna lie it was so nice last night letting the system feed them 3x separate feeds of roughly half a litre to each pot. Oh also, I forgot to mention my new res is actually 6 or 7cm smaller in height than the other one. I tested the drippers for a second time because I thought the difference in height would cause the drippers to be quicker to 1 litre this time. To my surprise the two drippers I tested gave me a litre in 3 minutes 10 seconds again and the run off from the buckets and as almost 7 litres again.

Here's some photos of the new res BF and the parts of the system outside of the tent. I also have another 1000 litre an hour pump in that res at the bottom circulating the nutrients around at all times.

420-magazine-mobile1053891415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile124070385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile882267400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2119258878.jpg
420-magazine-mobile284389868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile885922816.jpg
420-magazine-mobile500544063.jpg
420-magazine-mobile161936420.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1397773337.jpg

Looks great! Its gonna be a jungle in there! Glad to be here for the super fun part!! Again love your style clean and efficient!! No better then that. Keep up the work can't wait to see what happens in there. Explosion of growth coming your way and glad we get to witness it!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

I've been sitting thinking when did I have a dripper get blocked as I've never done drip system before then I've just realised a few yrs back I had a homemade rdwc system get root rot so I dropped the water level an set up a drip system that's where it was lol and I've used lots of Wilma systems in the past
My grows ain't as clean as your by any means haha so it could of been dirt in my feed lines but I defiantly kept getting blocked so that's why Ile just skip the drippers an use open ended feed line
I like the detail you put into answering ppl you seem to have a nice calm attitude for a good grow

Looks great! Its gonna be a jungle in there! Glad to be here for the super fun part!! Again love your style clean and efficient!! No better then that. Keep up the work can't wait to see what happens in there. Explosion of growth coming your way and glad we get to witness it!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Thanks pal. It's definitely going to be a jungle, maybe they could have done with being flipped a week earlier, I always like a good challenge tho lol. Yes mate the super fun part it's finally about to begin, I'm really excited about this strain too. Thanks, really appreciate the kind words :). I'll most certainly do my best. I'll keep you up to date with regular posts of their growth :)!

I've been sitting thinking when did I have a dripper get blocked as I've never done drip system before then I've just realised a few yrs back I had a homemade rdwc system get root rot so I dropped the water level an set up a drip system that's where it was lol and I've used lots of Wilma systems in the past
My grows ain't as clean as your by any means haha so it could of been dirt in my feed lines but I defiantly kept getting blocked so that's why Ile just skip the drippers an use open ended feed line
I like the detail you put into answering ppl you seem to have a nice calm attitude for a good grow

I definitely don't want any drippers blocked, none of us need that. Im going to keep a good eye on them and make sure they're all working ok but using just an opened ended feed tube doesn't sound like a bad option either, could secure them in place and that would definitely lessen the risk of blockages, Thanks for that. Haha, I can't help it with the cleaning lol, it would bug me so bad if I knew I'd left some coco over the floor of the tent .! Thanks pal, appreciate the kind words :). Always good to try and help when I can, I'm still learning from everyone myself so got to keep that good karma going around lol. Plus hopefully that nice calm attitude will spread to my lovely girls and I'll have a bountiful harvest of killer nug on my hand!!

I'm glad you find my system interesting lol. I can sure walk you through it all. I can show you all the stuff outside the tent now and the rest when lights come on as the babies are asleep atmo. I actually got the new res in now too, it's much better I'll get a pic up for you.

Im using a 1000 litre an hour pump from the reservoir which has black flexi pipe attached to it(I think it's half inch) The flexi pipe then carries on up to a little black attachment which lets air in to stop siphoning(not sure what it's called). I have a small bit of feed tubing coming off of that and I make sure that part stays in the res as water flows out of it when the pump comes on. Another bit of flexi pipe then goes from that to an on/off valve so I can stop water from the pump if need be. Flexi pipe then runs off the other end of the valve into the tent and into an 8 way manifold and then more flexi pipe to another 8 way manifold and some more flexi pipe to an end stop. Off of each 8 way manifold I have 8x 60cm tubes attached to drippers. They all have to be the same length. I could now have done with some extra length on each feed tube but I'll have to wait till I buy more tubing as I didn't have enough to do more if I wanted them all equal, I'll probably add an extra 20/30cm or so next time to give a bit more flexibility when placing them around the pots.

I didn't test all drippers singularly at the same time in separate jugs but I did test 4 drippers, two from the front and two from the back manifold, each gave me a litre in 3 minutes 10 seconds. I tested two at a time each in a separate measuring jug, I then also had the other 7 drippers on each manifold in two separate buckets and I measured the amount of combined run off from each bucket. I got almost 7 litres in each bucket, they were both just slightly under by less than half a litre. I think each dripper is giving very close to the same amount of water.

I've got the res filled up atmo with nutrients and with drippers in the pots feeding them, I started using it last night. Yes pal it is two 8 way manifolds, 2 drippers in each pot. I'd be happy to try and test each dripper in single containers for you when I come to empty the res and if I can still get in easy enough to remove the drippers and piping from under the netting etc.

I bought all the bits from my local hydro store, it doesn't need to be used with a high pressure system and I built it all myself, it was so easy. If you're struggling to get the same parts I could always get them for you from my store and send them to you in the post if you want to create the same system? They're only small plastic parts it wouldn't cost you much at all for parts and postage and you'd easily be able to get the flexi pipe in the correct size.

Haha I'm glad I have your interest pal, I'm loving the auto feeding, I'm not gonna lie it was so nice last night letting the system feed them 3x separate feeds of roughly half a litre to each pot. Oh also, I forgot to mention my new res is actually 6 or 7cm smaller in height than the other one. I tested the drippers for a second time because I thought the difference in height would cause the drippers to be quicker to 1 litre this time. To my surprise the two drippers I tested gave me a litre in 3 minutes 10 seconds again and the run off from the buckets and as almost 7 litres again.

Hey TK! Thanks for the response! Very nice of you to offer to send out some things to me. I appreciate that. I really like the new flexitank! I'm going to have to splurge on one of those soon. Your system looks real professional!

I'd love it if you posted a detailed how to in my simple drip thread. Yours is much simpler then the one I made. Simple drip system

My system is very similar to yours but instead of vinyl I'm using rigid plastic tubing. I like that vinyl a lot and eventually want to switch over. I did a lot of reading and everything said to make sure the 1/2" mainline loops into itself for even water distribution since the pump is not so big BUT if this is working for you, then this is a game changer in my opinion.

My system is set up but i've never seen a manifold like the ones you have. It's the only thing I am missing and I'd be able to rework what I have very easily. Is there a name on them or any info I can type into Google. I want to pick up those exact manifolds. I'll keep searching Google too.

Auto feeding is the best! It pretty much automates the grow.

I'm very excited to try out those manifolds
Thanks again tk

Hey bedroom farmer all the hydro shops have them just google 8 way dripper manifold

Hey Scooby, thanks for the response. My local hydro shop doesn't carry manifolds unfortunately but I've seen them around home depot and online. I've never seen the one terpking is using though and I view his manifolds as a game changer. If I bought just any manifold i would need to buy a threaded pvc piece and a pvc raiser. A lot of them are ment to be ran at a higher pressure as well. It would all be extra pieces I don't want and I've actually tried the "orbit 8 port manifold" from home depot and my results were not good. uneven watering with everything I've tried until i went with the loop. I went through a lot of trial and error putting my system together and that's why I'm very excited about tks manifolds.

Don't mean be a bother, just really excited. It's the one part I've been searching for. TK found it barbed and everything to be ran inline

Hey TK! Thanks for the response! Very nice of you to offer to send out some things to me. I appreciate that. I really like the new flexitank! I'm going to have to splurge on one of those soon. Your system looks real professional!

I'd love it if you posted a detailed how to in my simple drip thread. Yours is much simpler then the one I made. Simple drip system

My system is very similar to yours but instead of vinyl I'm using rigid plastic tubing. I like that vinyl a lot and eventually want to switch over. I did a lot of reading and everything said to make sure the 1/2" mainline loops into itself for even water distribution since the pump is not so big BUT if this is working for you, then this is a game changer in my opinion.

My system is set up but i've never seen a manifold like the ones you have. It's the only thing I am missing and I'd be able to rework what I have very easily. Is there a name on them or any info I can type into Google. I want to pick up those exact manifolds. I'll keep searching Google too.

Auto feeding is the best! It pretty much automates the grow.

I'm very excited to try out those manifolds
Thanks again tk

No problem my friend. That's all good, if we can't find them for you online we will get them sent out to you. I'm loving the new flexi tank too, im really pleased with that purchase. Thanks man, I really appreciate it, not bad for a first time build ayy? I definitely want to lengthen the drip lines a tad tho.

Yeah no worries I'll do that for you, I'll see if I can find the parts from the store online for you too for when I do the detailed how too. Was so easy man, I was chuffed with what I made, I'm not gonna lie. Just gonna keep an eye on the feeds.

Yeah the flexi pipe is great so easy to work with, warming it up in boiling water really made the plastic parts easy to push in and easy to work with. Yeah I read a lot of places about a loop to give even water distribution, I'm wondering if as long as the pump is powerful enough it helps with evening out the flow. The guy in the shop said they were what he was using too and were good.

I've found you a link for the same part I'm using pal, try this:

Hydroponic Drip Manifold - 8 Outlet Irrigation Manifold | GroWell Hydroponics

Yeah I'm loving the auto feeding lol, makes life so easy and I definitely think will deliver better results. Lights are on now but found you a link above.

No problem my friend. That's all good, if we can't find them for you online we will get them sent out to you. I'm loving the new flexi tank too, im really pleased with that purchase. Thanks man, I really appreciate it, not bad for a first time build ayy? I definitely want to lengthen the drip lines a tad tho.

Yeah no worries I'll do that for you, I'll see if I can find the parts from the store online for you too for when I do the detailed how too. Was so easy man, I was chuffed with what I made, I'm not gonna lie. Just gonna keep an eye on the feeds.

Yeah the flexi pipe is great so easy to work with, warming it up in boiling water really made the plastic parts easy to push in and easy to work with. Yeah I read a lot of places about a loop to give even water distribution, I'm wondering if as long as the pump is powerful enough it helps with evening out the flow. The guy in the shop said they were what he was using too and were good.

I've found you a link for the same part I'm using pal, try this:

Hydroponic Drip Manifold - 8 Outlet Irrigation Manifold | GroWell Hydroponics

Yeah I'm loving the auto feeding lol, makes life so easy and I definitely think will deliver better results. Lights are on now but found you a link above.

Hey tk. Thank you again. I'll definitely PM you if I'm unable to work something out with the company. Looks like this is something only available in the UK but I am in America. Emailed that hydro shop to inquire about shipping. Looking great for the first time! I went through a couple redesigns before ended up with what I have now. Those manifolds will make it even better.

That tank is great. I was getting some blooms in my trash rez because it wasn't as light proof as I thought. That looks like an excellent fix. Cleaning looks easier too! I appreciate that link man. With the extra feeds your plants are going to explode with growth! :popcorn:

Also online I've seen ppl using up to a 20way air manifold for drip systems can't see how they would be any different to the manifolds terps using

Hey! That's an option too. I'll have to check to see what my grow shop has. Thanks Scooby

Hey tk. Thank you again. I'll definitely PM you if I'm unable to work something out with the company. Looks like this is something only available in the UK but I am in America. Emailed that hydro shop to inquire about shipping. Looking great for the first time! I went through a couple redesigns before ended up with what I have now. Those manifolds will make it even better.

That tank is great. I was getting some blooms in my trash rez because it wasn't as light proof as I thought. That looks like an excellent fix. Cleaning looks easier too! I appreciate that link man. With the extra feeds your plants are going to explode with growth! :popcorn:

Hey! That's an option too. I'll have to check to see what my grow shop has. Thanks Scooby

Honestly no problem at all. I'll go through and try to find all the plastic fitting I've used for you and get you some links too. If you've got any problems with the company's not wanting to send it to you we can work something out via PayPal if you have that and I'll make sure I get everything sent over to you easy peasy, wouldn't be a problem to drive over to my store pick you up some bits and post them out to you :). Ahh OK well that mite be why, strange how we have different things available to us when we're on either side of the pond. Where about in America pal? Yes I was thinking it really isn't looking too hard to clean the drip lines or even easily just replace them every now and again. Yeah mate they're really made my life easy, not gonna lie lol.

The flexitank is amazing, it's definitely one of my favourite purchases lol, I dno why I just think it's a great bit of kit. Very easy to clean once empty you can move it so easy and take it and clean it no problem. Because it's outside the tent it makes life so easy not having to worry about disturbing the plants day or night means I can keep check of Ph or clean out the res and fill it back up with a fresh batch of nutrients while the girls are asleep in the day ready for the first feed when lights come on at night. I really recommend you invest in one, it will solve your light leak problems and it's so portable and I managed to squeeze it into a tight space no problem. God you'd think I work for flexi tank lol .! No worries on the link. Yeah I'm hoping with the 3x feeds a day they're really going to explode, trying to keep the day and night time temperatures a lot closer this time to see if I can prevent some stretch and see if it really works. I'm just gonna gradually increase the time the pump feeds for as the weeks go on.

Hey tk thank you so much for the offer. Very nice of you to be so willing to go out of your way. I'm in California! its pretty funny you'd think we would have access to the same things but I guess not everything is exported. Felxi tank is on the list! Thanks for the recommendation. Very eager to see how much you end up with st harvest. I like the size of your tent!

Back
Top Bottom