TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

Oooooow looking heavy there mate hope the numbers are good when all cropped
Thanks pal. I look forward to finding out what I got weight wise, also really looking forward to drying and curing then trying some of my own, not long to go now.

Im on my first grow and I can only hope it turns out as beautiful as yours. This grow has ignited a passion in me

Thanks pal! Awesome, that's exactly how I feel, I just can't wait to learn and grow more!

My buddy on here just harvested. I think he broke 10oz on one plant....now thats lovely

Wow 10oz off one plant, now that is impressive, was that the bulk also, or another strain?
Thanks pal. I look forward to finding out what I got weight wise, also really looking forward to drying and curing then trying some of my own, not long to go now.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Im gonna have to use my tent to dry them as Im pushed for space.

On the day I harvest I plan to cut them and hang them upside down briefly whilst I pull everything out of the tent, give it a quick clean and wipe around with an antibacterial spray. I'll then hang some string from one end to the other and make couple of rows and hang the buds upside down to dry once I've trimmed them. I'm also going to leave the extraction fan on the lowest setting to prevent stale air build up. Do you suggest an oscillating fan inside the tent as well? But say ground level whilst the buds are higher up towards the top of the tent? I'm thinking no air blowing on the buds themselves directly but just to keep air circulating. I want to dry it as slowly as I can because I'd like the end product to taste nice and burn smoothly as it won't be mixed with tobacco. How'd you get that nice white / light ash? I've read cooler temperatures around 17/18c and the humidity around 60/65% is a good environment for drying, is this correct? I don't want to create and environment for mold but I also don't want to dry them to quickly / over dry either. I'd appreciate some advice on this. Do you use the stem snapping method to judge when they're dry? Does it also make a difference when you cut them down during the day or night cycle to begin trimming etc?

Thanks cult.

Its tricky because the climate has a low rh at this time of year. I recommend drying room at 50% and it should take 6 days to dry. You want good air circulation and extraction running.

I cut off the stems before they snap as the bud can become brittle in the outside. Then i just bag up in 1kg bags and seal. Opening once daily to change air.

I dont cure a long time because im mostly a cash cropper and its not smart to sit on it. But for the very best weed you want a long cure of months not weeks. So id suggest jarring up some of it and just open lid for 5 mins daily. Stors in dark cool place.

Hey everyone. It's Monday and it's time for an update.

After being on the look out for bud rot all week I finally ended up spotting a bit taking place in a smaller bud. I cut it out straight away and carefully removed from the tent. It was day 56 of flower and the plants were already on their 7th day of being flushed, bar two last floods anyway. So I decided to harvest incase of spread or there was more I just couldn't see yet. I didn't get any pictures of the harvest because there was simply to much to get done, but I do have some pictures of the end result.

After cutting down the plants I removed the lights, hydro system and fans from the tent. It was hoovered and wiped round with an anti disinfectant spray to make sure it was a clean environment for drying. The trimming took bloody hours to get done, it really wasn't too bad tho, I quite enjoyed it, was definitely quite therapeutic. Whilst I was trimming I was also looking in between buds and at the stems to see if I could see any more bud rot lurking about. I luckily only happened to find one other bud which had some, so I made sure to cut it out and dispose of it.

Everything is now hanging in the tent to dry. I have the extraction fan set on the second speed setting using an smscom fan controller and the oscillating fan on the lowest setting blowing down at the floor. I've kept the temperature between 18c/20c. So far the humidity has been between 50/60%

Here's some pictures of the final result. I'm going to give them a final manicure once I take them off the stem once they're dry.

420-magazine-mobile2027585513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1902535555.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1552876067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile863221508.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1638858505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1159698733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile820574988.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1874464604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile43767049.jpg
420-magazine-mobile194530502.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1998101185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1321280892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1053237214.jpg
420-magazine-mobile320968479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile906781960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile501859483.jpg

Hey, did the trichomes end up milky or amber at harvest time? Haven't noticed any mention of that lately

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Ahh sorry, forgot to say about them. I was looking at the trichs and most of them were cloudy with the odd amber and clear one chucked in here and there. I was planning to let it run till I had more amber trichs but I just didn't want to risk waiting longer and chancing more mold.

Seems reasonable. Is the mold concern related to the strain? Or would you expect any strain to potentially have the same problem?

The reason I ask is because I thought mold and bud rot were unlikely to occur unless the humidity gets over 50% regularly.

Great crop mate I can see plenty leaves left on who was slacking on the trimming lol. How many hours did it take ya its the best and worst part zzzz
Thanks pal, was pretty bloody chuffed with it. I know, the person doing it with me definitely got slacking more towards the end haha, it was 5am to be fair by time we were finished and cleaned up. It took about 7 or 8 hours I'd say from start to finish. Gonna give it a final manicure once its dry and ready to go in the jars!

Seems reasonable. Is the mold concern related to the strain? Or would you expect any strain to potentially have the same problem?

The reason I ask is because I thought mold and bud rot were unlikely to occur unless the humidity gets over 50% regularly.

Yeah I've been told that this strain can have a problem with bud rot and with my limited experience I didn't want to risk it. My humidity was around 45/50% lights on and 50/55% lights off. I found even with a dehumidifier the humidity was the hardest to control as I was reliant on the weather outside. The last couple of days it was starting to creep up to 60"° range at lights off too so I thought I better quit whilst I was ahead, haha.

Back
Top Bottom