Thank you to all! First grower

Richardson was

Hey everybody! Thank you to everybody that contributes to this, there is so much knowledge here. I have been learning on here every day for the last month.
I'm a medically retired vet after 10 years and 3 combat tours, 7 surgeries( need more), been off opioids almost a year after eating hundreds a month for 4 years, also been on the wagon for 6 months.
A friend gave me some plants that were about dead and I am going to start a journal to encompass my whole first growing season. Multiple different types of plants in different stages. As much constructive criticism is welcomed. So please feel free to post/advise/mentor or just to say high.

Hey everybody! Thank you to everybody that contributes to this, there is so much knowledge here. I have been learning on here every day for the last month.
I'm a medically retired vet after 10 years and 3 combat tours, 7 surgeries( need more), been off opioids almost a year after eating hundreds a month for 4 years, also been on the wagon for 6 months.
A friend gave me some plants that were about dead and I am going to start a journal to encompass my whole first growing season. Multiple different types of plants in different stages. As much constructive criticism is welcomed. So please feel free to post/advise/mentor or just to say high.

First, thanks for your service. Second, congrats for kicking the opioids. I haven't had that battle personally but watched the wife and mother-in-law make that struggle. It took the mother-in-law a year to ween herself off after 30+ years of over 120mg a day with valiums as a chaser. The wife about 9 months after several years of 90mg a day. I hope cannabis provides the relief you are seeking. I'm an indoor, soil-less, full spectrum LED, bottle feed kinda guy. If you have any questions along those lines, feel free to hit me up. Best of luck and welcome!

Welcome @Richardson was ! First and foremost thank you for your service!

Congrats on the abstaining, keep at it. Tough row to hoe but so rewarding eh? Ohh I like the pain pills, but not for pain! Luckily I've steered clear of that big sharp drug hook.

I do have LOTS of negative reinforcement in my pea brain to help me stay off the sauce. 10 years now! It's not hard really as I did not enjoy jail at all, and it seemed like hammerhead PB always ended up there somehow!

When people ask me how I am doing I say "Could be better, could be worse, gotta remember that second part" which they have no idea on just how much worse things could be!

I was in the same boat brotha perc 30s for breakfast lunch an dinner until all the money dried up an moved on to worse things.. I'm 3 years clean from pills an dope I couldnt have done it with out bud idc what anyone says it helps me I'm no longer doing hard drugs and I'm alot healthier why would I not smoke bud lol. Goodluck in your recovery!

Thank you for your service,and welcome to 420!
Be sure to put a link to your journal in your signature,so we can follow along!

Kudos on getting off the pills & booze-I'm 10 years sober,and it just keeps getting better!:goodjob:

I've also been around long enough to get myself addicted to almost everything except H & meth,so I know what "gettin'off the shit" is all about- It ain't easy,but life is so much better without the white, blue, yellow, pink, or orange pills screwing it up.

I appreciate it everybody. It has been rough at times, but feel like I have finally turned a corner with my ptsd/pain/and general well being. Like Pb said, "could be worse." I am extremely grateful for what I have, including this community now. Since I've started medicating with marijuana in the last year, I have stopped oxy, alcohol, sleep meds, nightmare meds, anxiety meds and SSRI. I have become more sociable and do not hate every new person I have to interact with.
My wife and kids like to spend time with me again and I started working on my degree. It has been amazing! So THANK YOU to ALL who have contributed in any way, shape, or form to creating the magic medicine of marijuana. Now, if I can only quite these gd cigs!

Vape did it for me-1-1/2 to 2 packs a day for 45 yrs,started vaping
3 yrs ago,haven't had a cigarette since!
In fact @AngryBird has a thread going on that very subject (quitting smoking in general):

Hell,we've got something for everything around here!

It seems so..lol. Thanks for the link. I have not even scratched the surface of grow threads, let alone explore many other regions of the site

I appreciate it everybody. It has been rough at times, but feel like I have finally turned a corner with my ptsd/pain/and general well being. Like Pb said, "could be worse." I am extremely grateful for what I have, including this community now. Since I've started medicating with marijuana in the last year, I have stopped oxy, alcohol, sleep meds, nightmare meds, anxiety meds and SSRI. I have become more sociable and do not hate every new person I have to interact with.
My wife and kids like to spend time with me again and I started working on my degree. It has been amazing! So THANK YOU to ALL who have contributed in any way, shape, or form to creating the magic medicine of marijuana. Now, if I can only quite these gd cigs!

Welcome to our gang and thank you for protecting my American Freedom.
Congratulations on kicking the pills.
When it comes to the ciggs, one day at a time. Don't do what I did and start with the "can". Dipping is harder to quit, but your clothes don't stink. Lol
I have been two weeks without a dip, I'm going craz, but will stand the course.
You can too, the good folks around here are a great support system.
You're in good company of been there done that, and we won't let you down.
Enjoy the good folks at :420:were here to help!

Back
Top Bottom