The 10 Clones

are these clones of Nirvanas Chrystal? They look a lot like the unknown freebie I got from them I have been growing. I think some of your coloring in the leaves is not malnutrition and is a bit of the beginnings of the purple-ing I am seeing.

I haven't seen Chrystal on their website...when did you get that?

are these clones of Nirvanas Chrystal? They look a lot like the unknown freebie I got from them I have been growing. I think some of your coloring in the leaves is not malnutrition and is a bit of the beginnings of the purple-ing I am seeing.

I haven't seen Chrystal on their website...when did you get that?

yeah, i got them from nirvana last august 11, 2015...

Thank you for shopping with Nirvana Shop!
Your order xxxxxxxx placed on 2015-08-11 02:drool:31 is to be paid by Cash.

Attention! Please note that this e-mail is an order confirmation, not a proof of payment.
Reference Product Unit price Quantity Total price

CH_f

Crystal Feminized

€ 20,00

I dug through their website a bit more...I think these are raspberry cough. I can see why they would be freebies as they were sort of advertised and for medicinal purposes and less recreational.

up_close3.JPG

wait...are you saying that my plants are not chrystal but raspberry cough? :thedoubletake:

edit:
ok, you're right (again)...i just looked at the pictures and the leaves definitely have that red tint to them...interesting...

and i saw the blue mystic on sale...but not feminized...i've nearly always bought fem seeds just because they are easier...

and do you happen to know why they classify some as medical and some not? i don't get it...why would blue mystic not be medical? it's primarily indica which is good for sleep...

Naw yours are probably as advertised and are Chrystal. I just saw some coloring on yours that was not necessarily nutrient problems and may be due to cold temps at night which is where the purples and reds come from. that go me to thinking maybe we had a similar strain. but when I dug around I think I have something different.

I think more things are indicated as medical than rec. Because of high CBD content but I am not sure. But High CBD content is good fro rec too. Things that are good medicinally are actually usually better strains. People misunderstand the classification but primo stuff is medical grade not the other way around. Just there are a lot of strains that get you real high with little CBD so those get classified as recreational. So the seed banks end up with extras of the medical stuff and dump them as freebies as they are starting to get near the shelf life.

I recently sprouted seeds I had been sitting on nearly 15 years so they can go a long time.

So for the price of 5 females you get 10 regs. If you plant all of them you will get a handful of males and a good selection of females to choose from as a clone mother. And if you want can show you how to grow a male in there without it seeding your females and you harvest pollen from it and make you own fresh seed.

I got a 10 pack of regs of WW, Snow White, NY Power Diesel and AK48. So I will collect some pollen from those at some point (earlier the better) and then be able to keep myself in business with fresh seed whenever I want.

I will keep clones of this purple girl going for a while too...that should be enough variation to keep me happy. After a few runs I may decide I like one better and just do that one. But really I like to be able to change up. I used to order 4-5 ounces at a time and it gets old after a while smoking the same thing no matter how good it is.

would you please walk me through the process you follow to learn their sex when you plant seeds, not knowing their gender? i've read so many different things about that process...it's confusing...

and if you have 10 seeds of 3 different strains (30 seeds), how many of each do you plant? so you grow different strains at the same time?

LOL

One of these days we gotta have a beer or 3 in Hood River.

"sexing" a seed is super simple. All you do is grow it for a month then flip the lights. (I know that is not what you want to read nor enough but it is the truth).

So to properly grow weed it must be not less than 4 weeks old to bloom. So clones are as old as when the original seed sprouted and can be bloomed immediately but first starts you gotta wait 4 weeks.

For new seeds you can do just that but you are risking getting a dud (which is common) growing just one. For example I gre 4 random seeds just this last grow. 2 were male, one is a dud and one is good. If I were to have grown 1 at a time tying to find a good female to clone at best it would have taken me 6 months to have gotten started.

So it is always important when starting regular seeds to start with at least 4 but usually 5-10 will get you a few good females to choose from. all you need is 2 or more good females to choose from but the more the better the choice is.

So like just think about the math. the place you buy from after shipping is maybe 5 bucks a seed regular? (not to mention the 10 feebies that are probably at least 3 or 4 nice good females)... So for 25 bucks you can guarantee a good chance of a good female worth cloning. Likely you get 2 or maybe 3 good females and have a chance to pick from the litter.

A seasoned grower will put down 10 seeds and test out the top 3 or 4 females and then decide to clone one indefinitely.

So for me I have found this good one form the last 4 I put down.

DSCF18553.JPG

I am going to keep cloning that one and raising new seeds for a while until I find another one that is worth cloning. So in a few weeks I will put down probably 1 of each of the "known" ones and see what comes up. Maybe I get 2 females and maybe 1 is good. If not I still have the clone I am working with and am Happy.

In a few grows i will have a WW, and maybe more, that are good females (and possibly a handful of bags of pollen I can use to make more seeds from).

savvy?

LOL

One of these days we gotta have a beer or 3 in Hood River.

what a great idea! i'd love to buy you a beer...our son lives in dundee, or and we get down there a few times a year...so it might happen!

"sexing" a seed is super simple. All you do is grow it for a month then flip the lights. (I know that is not what you want to read nor enough but it is the truth).

So to properly grow weed it must be not less than 4 weeks old to bloom. So clones are as old as when the original seed sprouted and can be bloomed immediately but first starts you gotta wait 4 weeks.

ok...just to clarify, you flip first starts to 12/12 when they are at least 4 weeks old...clones can be flipped anytime. so then, how long does it take for them to show their sex and then do you flip them back to veg for a few weeks before flowering in order to clone them, etc?

i'm mixing up some tea this morning for the 4 patients, i'd like to give some to the 10 clones, but i don't know if the soil is toxic and having ph lockout. it's way more complicated because they are definitely blooming...dammit.

i have a soil ph meter, it shows the soil ph to be 6-6.5, but i don't think it's very reliable...at all!

ok..hi V! i have made a decision...let's see how long it lasts! lol...

i just put 2 quarts of water ph'd to 6.2 through the worst looking and driest plant of the 10 clones...to test it's run-off...the run-off came in at 6.3 ph.

this tells me that the lockout of the ph due to the polluted res has been cleaned out...

hoping that the stuff i did in the 10 days before i found the res problem neutered the res water ph issue...i ran quite a bit of stuff through them...and the hoses on the res were somewhat blocked by the slime...

tuesday 19 january i put 1 ounce eleanor's vf-11 and a bit of pro-tekt into 5 quarts of de-chlorinated water ph'd to 6.7 and gave each of the clones 2 cups...
sunday 24 january i mixed 2 tsps calmag in 5 quarts of water and gave each clone 2 cups
thursday 28 january the tea came in at ph of 7.8, so i ph'd it down to 6.9 and each clone got 2 1/2 cups of tea, then i chased it with 2 cups of water ph'd to 6.4. that didn't create much run-off, so i put another 2 cups of water through each one.

so i'm going to proceed as if they are hungry...they are all needy...so to give them tea or vf-11? i think they need flowering nutes and that would be phosphorus, right?

Well VF-11 is a general plant food that works on lots of things. I find it works great in hydro mixed with some Cal Mag and Silica. But it is not really made specifically for cannabis. It is a general plant food I recommended you pick up when trying to recover some plants that were a total mess. It is great stuff. But the clones are not the zombies in the other journal. You haven't driven this bus off the cliff yet :)

Personally I am working towards trying to use just my tea and a good soil mix and leave most of the brand name stuff at the store (other than what goes in the tea) plus use some Cal Mag and Silica and some sugar product.

You didn't make a killer supersoil so you probably need to be adding nutes throughout the grow. VF-11 will get you there in Veg probably no worries. I never tried it as the primary fertilizer in Bloom. Next time I do hydro I was going to.

i have the earth juice nutes...but everything that i have read says to take it easy on the plants when they're stressed...give them a little snack more often rather than a big meal all at once...what do you think?

and i have a longer-term short-term plan...

i'm going to type it out here so i can get it out of my head and on paper (sort of) and so that you can tell me what you think...

so i have these 10 clones that are quickly ripening...i think they'll be harvested in the next couple 2 or 3 weeks, the pistils are turning brown...so i'm going to do the best for them that i can in the time that is left and harvest as soon as possible.

then, i'm going to take the clones of the flowering clones (there are about 10) that i've just started planting...i've got 5 in pots and will probably plant 5 more today or tomorrw...so when they are 2 weeks in the pot, they will get the tea and then they go into flower...and that would be about the time that the current clones are being harvested...and then i will have them in flower for 8 weeks or so and harvest them.

so this plan takes me out to about end of april...or about 10-11 weeks.

i will use this time to prepare the super soil for the next grow, buy more seeds (that takes 2-3 weeks by the time i mail the cash and receive the goods) and germinate them and get them going.

basically, what i'm trying to do is maximize what i have at the moment and manage it so as to have it all cleared out at about the same time. then, i start with a new grow with reg seeds and i can bug you about how to do stuff...:)

the 4 patients in the tent will stay where they are and keep doing what they're doing...all this stuff is happening in the little grow room. and maybe, by the end of march? they may be ready to go into the grow room, too!~

so...whattayathink? :passitleft:

Sounds like a plan. I find people over plan stuff all the time. Taking things day by day works better. I listen to the plants. I water them when they tell me they are dry. I give them food about every other week...but never more than once a week. I give the supplements like Cal mag every 2 weeks roughly. I use Silica to manage the pH as an UP so they get that regularly. I add sugars all the time to keep my bacteria happy.

I have earthworms in my compost bins. I am going to add some to the pots next grow. With worms in the pots then you don't need to worry so much about adding fresh bacteria all the time.

But planning does help ;)

yeah, lol, like john lennon said...life is what happens while you're busy making other plans...ain't it the truth! my week has been just like that...i make plans and then something happens...

for right now...my goal is just to keep us in product so i don't have to buy any...i hate buying it - don't know what i'm getting or how it was raised or what's in it...some day we'll have enough that i can do the things i want to do with it.

i think worms in the pot is an excellent idea! do you know anyone that has done it? just wondering if there is anything special you have to do for them...like feed them? and what size pot will you use?

how long have you been composting? i started doing that a few years ago, but then my mom moved in with us and i had to take care of her, and she could never be left alone, so all the outside stuff ended. she died in sept 2014, so i'm hoping that this spring i can get back into the groove of my outside garden.

i gave the clones tea this morning and chased it with lots of water...they were thirsty, for sure!

Well I have composted for my yard for just about forever. But for my plants I only started recently. I am following a specific recipe for cannabis. I think I messed it up a bit but it wont be that bad. I will be trying this (the most famous cannabis compost recipe) for the first time in a few weeks. It may not be ready but it will be good enough to start with. I am not going to do a big grow I am going to put down a bunch of seeds so I will try a quick turn grow and take a bunch of clones to start a new grow program from. So I will keep cooking the compost I made and it will be for sure ready for the clone grow following this one.

hi V...i cannot believe that i forgot to write down what i did last week...last week was kinda messed up! lol...anyway, i think it was last wednesday, 10 february, i individually watered each of the clones with the tea ph'd to 6.5 and pushed it through with plain water ph'd to 6.3.

i was going to just harvest them today...they have some very nice buds, but hardly any leaves. but when i checked the trichomes, none are showing amber just yet. so i think i'll give them another week.

will you share your recipe for the cannabis compost?

and will you need to feed the worms in the pots? or will the soil be sufficient? what size pots will you use with the worms?

I don't feed the worms they just do their thing in there. There is plenty of organic material in there.

As far as compost I use the most famous cannabis compost there is. put together by this guy who goes by the handle Subcool420. you can Google subcools compost and find tons of info. there are a lot of videos on you tube of him and people copying his recipe.

His original recipe is for like 100 plants and is a pile the size of a large tarp. many people have done the math for you and brought it down to a reasonable size for an individual growing just a few plants. Here is one video that shows it all real quick.

It is like right out of a text book.t has everything a plant needs for the entire grow when done correctly.

The extra things are the 2 "extras" in the Tea. I am not sure if the chitosan is a good thing to add directly although it is in most soil blends on the market. So it shouldn't be all that bad I just kind of made up the amount.

Well I guess the tea has more than 2 extras but you know probably which 2 I mean.

Back
Top Bottom