The Alberta Growers Lounge

A bit off topic but I am getting excited about getting set up again. A few items on my radar today are nutrients and either seeds and/or clones available in Calgary.

It looks like mega crop is available in Canada so that's good for my plan. I want to try a DWC set up for the first time and was planning on using MC.

For seeds and clones I am unclear on what I can pick up locally. I have heard Canada has government strains that are legal (but limited and maybe suck) but clones and seeds may still be available at dispensaries.

I would like to either pick up seeds or clones (in Rockwool if possible) at a local store. If that isn't an option I may go with a larger seed bank that I used in the US.

Long story short, any info on either topic is appreciated!

For seeds and clones I am unclear on what I can pick up locally. I have heard Canada has government strains that are legal (but limited and maybe suck) but clones and seeds may still be available at dispensaries.
The government seeds I’ve been getting have been great, here’s a Pink Lemonade that’s roughly 30 days into flower

Clones are available from the LP’s but you need your cannabis clearance certificate and shell out lots of dough!!

Many of the top seed companies are involved with LP's. Deep pockets are buying genetic collections and i get genetics that I would never get my hands on, not breeder packs. When they say 25% thc that's what you get. $40 for 4 fems and $20 for regs. $6 to the door by the P.O. in 1 or 2 days. I'm retired, it's like investing in my pension and the $$$$$$ say home!:thumb: I'm in NS.

Nice! I wish I'd had one of those when I still lived in the Fraser Valley in BC and would fill my freezer with Coho salmon every fall. Damn good filleted and BBQed too tho. :)

:peace:
I love it do all my own the wife was just talking about getting some salmon :ganjamon:

Ooo I am going to need a new smoker! Mine was donated as space was running low for transport. Finally cleared the 14 day restriction for leaving the province and went back to get the dog. 19 hour drive one way but Andi behaved exceptionally. We are now back in Calgary on the pilot quarantine program. Andi is at a pet daycare type place until we are clear. Hopefully free in 9 or 10ish days. At least this time I prepped....
20210131_111642.jpg
IMG-20210131-WA0013.jpeg

I was also very excited to find Cherry Pie seeds on Cropking seeds website and available. I am thinking my new Canadian bank cards should arrive soon. Is it cropking one of these approved or licensed distributors? I apologize I am very slow on this aspect of the regulations. Any additional advice is appreciated! I hope everyone had a great weekend ✌
I can see how many my brother has he is nice drumheller, I know he has some king tut seeds,

Cropking is not a licensed distributor, black to grey market and has been around for years
It used to be a sponsor for 420 magazine
Not anymore
I have used there seed several times with no problems
Some would say otherwise about there seeds
Good luck in growing some Cherry pie :thumb:
I’ve also had good experiences with CK.
it’s too bad they’re not a sponsor anymore. That was a few years ago now.

I can see how many my brother has he is nice drumheller, I know he has some king tut seeds,
Good ol’ drumheller!! I used to live just south of DH a ways.

Back
Top Bottom