The Alberta Growers Lounge

I love all of this sunshine in the winter. I am used to a much more depressing and grey type of winter.
If this damn wind can bugger off, we’d have some beautiful days!!

The coldest I've ever felt was 19f- I'm pretty sure anything below zero would probably just kill me... ;)

Am I even allowed in here? I'm from California....:oops:
Carcass!! You are breaking so many rules by being in here! :thedoubletake::lot-o-toke:

lol quietly duck out and no one will notice you were here!!
Hahaha good to see a California-eye-aye in Alberta!! :high-five:

Where having -1 degree Monday morning then 7 degrees for 4 days in Texas .
@Backlipslide ill never ride a horse again degenerant back but the neighbor has a mule I can ride all day long . Does not bounce like a horse , smooth .
You need something smooth anyways, like that motorcycle in you’re DP! :cheesygrinsmiley:

wish I had a horse still would love to have one trained up to shoot off its back for hunting, going through the mountains on horse back is beautiful and so peaceful.
Ohh gawd, that was my ex gf who had those horses. Never been on a horse since...

But I agree, there’s something about riding through the mountains. Very beautiful....

the sun was shining, but cold as balls its right, he'll I can't find my balls After being outside most of the day, my fingers are so stiff they hurt lmao. :p
:rofl:

the neighbor has a mule

I have never road a mule
I’ve got a picture of my daughter sitting in a friends mule, while he was holding her. She was pretty young. Hahah he’s the type of friend that won’t ever have kids... so it was funny to see.

You need something smooth anyways, like that motorcycle in you’re DP! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I’d have to go back to work, no sorry I’m staying retired this time . I have a cbr 500 in the barn I need to dig out . Hasn’t been driven in 14 years since the son outrun the law 183 mph, drunk .

I’d have to go back to work, no sorry I’m staying retired this time . I have a cbr 500 in the barn I need to dig out . Hasn’t been driven in 14 years since the son outrun the law 183 mph, drunk .
Yeah, that bike should maybe stay hidden! Lmao

for us Canadians, that’s 294.51 kmh :lot-o-toke: :headbanger:

I gave my last motorcycle to my godson. Since then I've been doing a lot of moping around, my wife is starting to agree that I need a new bike.:yahoo:
Just get a bike already! Lol
I was gunna get my license and buy a bike, but I got boat license and bought a boat instead... lol now it’s a lawn ornament that hasn’t saw water in almost four years.

Yeah, that bike should maybe stay hidden! Lmao

for us Canadians, that’s 294.51 kmh :lot-o-toke: :headbanger:

Just get a bike already! Lol
I was gunna get my license and buy a bike, but I got boat license and bought a boat instead... lol now it’s a lawn ornament that hasn’t saw water in almost four years.
Whoa wait a minute you have to have a license to drive a boat ? We just have to have a drivers license.

Though i've never been ask for it by the fish cops, they seem to always take my beer and give me a ticket.
Yeah they do give driving under the influence of alcohol you can’t even run the trolling without being arrested .

Whoa wait a minute you have to have a license to drive a boat ? We just have to have a drivers license.
Yes sir

it’s a money grab..

In Alberta you need a pleasure craft license for a boat.
This^

I agree, I’ve never been asked for it either... they’re usually more concerned about the drinking and or fishing license....

Because we also need to have a fawking license to fish as well...

Another money grab...

Though i've never been ask for it by the fish cops, they seem to always take my beer and give me a ticket.
Need a better hiding spot lol, nice thing about out here way less people so I very seldom see a fish cop.

Do you guys have rolling blackouts? Every 2 hours for half an hour. It’s been 115 degrees here and never a blackout ! Now that it’s breaking records of 0 degrees f with 30 mph winds and chill factors-15 degrees f .

Do you guys have rolling blackouts? Every 2 hours for half an hour. It’s been 115 degrees here and never a blackout ! Now that it’s breaking records of 0 degrees f with 30 mph winds and chill factors-15 degrees f .
Can’t say I’ve ever seen rolling blackouts, but have had our share of power outages during heavy snows in years past. We’ve been hearing about your crazy weather down south, I have a cousin in Houston. I hope you stay safe, WH!

Can’t say I’ve ever seen rolling blackouts, but have had our share of power outages during heavy snows in years past. We’ve been hearing about your crazy weather down south, I have a cousin in Houston. I hope you stay safe, WH!
Thanks DutchinAB -20 degrees Celsius here this morning 4 degrees f . I don’t grow in the house so every time they drop the power I drop to 48 degrees f 9 degrees c . Took the gas heat out now I’m paying for it , no outlet for another . If it wasn’t for the fireplace we’d definitely freeze! That’s what I need to is give gr185 a shout see how he’s doing .

We run on natural gas where I live. Not that renewable stuff that would fail hard every winter.
I have a natural gas line 4 miles down the road . They said it wouldn’t be cost effective to pipe it to us ? But yet they pipe it all the way to California ?

That kinda sucks. Guess I’m spoiled.
We got tons of natural gas coming in from the Atlantic. It's piped to the New England States. The highest bidder trumps us and we suck on the oil tit. Same deal, they used infrastructure expense to justify going for a fatter market.
We’ve thought about selling the farm and moving back into the city but we’ve been here 34 years spoiled to the country side. Surely not gonna move back to the city I moved from still disorganized. Check out the west fertilizer blast on utube for one hell of a show.
When we first moved here there were apopulation of a whopping 189 now it’s 1315 .

Back
Top Bottom