The Emerald City

Any ideas or methods for rehydrating the buds?
I'd skip the Bovedas for hydrating or dehydrating the flowers since they're limited in their range and work best once the RH is already close to where you want it. For rehydrating I use bread, but in the past I've used lemon or apple wedges. I've seen folks do well with damp cotton balls taped to the inside of jar lids, but harder to use in bags.

Also, turkey bags aren't for curing since the plastic isn't airtight like glass jars, so I cure in jars after the burping period when the buds are in the bags.

From this when burping:

to this for the cure (with the Bovedas):

Thanks Shed! That's pretty much what i ended up doing. I noticed the RH in the bag wasn't changing no matter what I did. I ended up grabbing some jars and filling them up and putting in the bovedas. Nice round number there, 10... that's exactly the number of jars I used too. I put hydrometers into the jars and put them into the safe. I checked one jar last night that was at 60%, another was at 58%. Looks like they'll equalize with enough time; the original reading was 54% so the RH is moving in the right direction.

I'm not sure what the bag weighed but it couldn't have been that much. The weight was 15.8 oz. Not bad for two plants but not as good as 13 oz from one plant. I think the autos are up next for me.

Back
Top Bottom