The Emerald City

Well here we are 3 weeks into flower for Grape Kush (Krush) I don't remember what the paper said (Shed?). And 2 weeks for the Green Crack. I did a 3 week defol on GK. I may have left too much? I read that a serious defol, as well as good air flow is necessary for better bud development. I tried no to be too heavy handed and destroy the plant. I gave it a big feeding with lotsa good stuff and while she was draining I got to clipping away.

Here's a picture from a coupla days ago, I've been pinching leaves here and there to open up the bud sites but nothing too heavy until today. On a side note, I didn't really have a plan when I started these two plants but the shaping went really smooth. I think all that experimenting a few years back taught me something.

The next two pics are post leaf drop. Again, I'm not sure if I clipped too much or too little, from what I've read the bud development is better with relatively heavy defol.

Here's the Green Crack two weeks into flower. I've been using two different sets of nutes for the plants. Not very scientific tho. It's all General Hydro; I got the single bottle Flora Nova Bloom with Terpinator, Calmag, Rapid Start, and Floralicious feeding the Grape K. For this plant I'm using GH Three bottle mix Gro, Micro & Bloom with the other 4 mixed in. Not sure if I'll notice anything obvious but...

And last but not least the clones. I've got two of each of the 'mothers' above. Really excited that I was able to get these clones the way I did. Again all that experimenting... The two taller ones on the top of the pic are the GK. The cutting were 7-10 inches and spent 12 days getting roots and acclimating. I tried something new this time tho, I split the stem vertically, dipped in rooting hormone powder, and used water with rapid rooter in it to we the potting soil mixture. The other two, Green Crack, were not done that way and the difference was obvious. All 4 were transplanted the same day and fed, drain to waste, a week later. It's almost been a week since that feeding and I also turned down the lights to allow them to adjust.

The plants in flower have until the third week of June then I gotta chop, dry and cure. The 4 clones will get the Agemon Special before I leave. They will get fed and the black matt they're in will get filled with 3 gallons of water. I will be gone for just over two weeks. The plants will either live or not. I also plan to cut the lights back to 18-6.

Have a great trip! You won't recognize them when you get home, 'cause they'll either be huge and lush or dead and brown. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Krush, Grape Krush. :thumb:

Thanks @InTheShed, my thoughts exactly. How'd I do on the 3 week defol? Too much? Too little? This porridge is just right...?

I'm just waiting for folks to come by and tell you how great the leaves look because they're praying. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I've never seen a plant pray that much before. It has a Venus flytrap type look with the way the leaves cup up and around the buds.:confused:

Yeah, I've seen the praying leaves thing and I'm ok with it. Plants always seemed healthy from what I remember. This is different tho, I think I gave her too much of this and that and the wiffle-ball bat too.
Just put two gallons of tap water through and I remembered a bottle of Flora Kleen I have in the Knewt Box.
I mixed up a Gallon and used it for thirds. First gallon yielded a half gallon of run off, 2nd about a 1/3 gln, and the 3rd gallon with FK a full gallon. Too bad its the third week of stretch, hopefully I can salvage something beyond clones.

Well they've made it to the home stretch. Ima be on vacation from the 1st to mid July. That means both plants are getting chopped about June 21st. I'd like more time for flower but both plants will be close to the 8 - 9 week mark. The green crack is looking good but the Grape Krush is OMG looking amazing. Pics later.

No more wordy signatures, now I got Icons... I was able to get home in time to save my two Green Krack plants. went with 15 gallon containers and cactus soil for this grow. The plants are pretty good size and I'm seeing some amazing buds growing this time around.

Forgot to post this one yesterday.

At 5 weeks in, I'm very happy with the results and OMG this bud is stoney!!!!! Clipped a few lower buds that were detracting from there higher up counterparts, its that one hitter quitter dontchakno!

So very, very frosty! :adore:

Got home and checked the plants, they were hungry. Im adjusting pipe cleaners every couple days now, buds are really looking good, picked off the dead leaves and mixed up some knewtz, 1.5 gallons for each.

I'm telling you, these are the magic numbers... Hey, I live in the desert.

Time for more pics, the colas are gettin heavy and floppin all over the place, I think I said that before... I'm feeding every few days now but giving a pretty diluted mixture. I'm halfing the recommended dosage per gallon and adding a half gallon of water. Wait what...? I fill 3, 1 gallon containers with water. Give a half gallon of straight water to the plants first, then mix half strength into the remaining 2 gallons, then 1 gallon to each plant. You can say what you like but the proof is right here. Flip day was 7-26, so I'm still a few weeks from harvest. Let the stacking continue!!!!

And... THE PROOF!

Back
Top Bottom