The Gamble - The Grow - Join

This is the predicament I just got passed. I decided to lose the lst completely although I had originally planned to use it during flower to continue the management of the plant. A common practice for many growers. However, it does increase stress and would ultimately increase the chance of a hermie to what extent.... IDK I am thinking not by much. A chance I couldn't take in my current position of one seed, no access to addition. Anyways I decided to lose the lst and bring back the implementation of the scrog. Now in just the first week of flowering, and now just getting into the stretch it is a decision I am not upset I made. The scrog, although the stress seems to be just as much as the lst........ has benefits that seem to outweigh the lst. The control of the plant is quiet superior in my opinion atleast to bring you into and finish flowering. From scrog you can still control and manipulate height, and the biggest advantage ive found is the ability to control penetration of light without defol, and pulling branches away from eachother like in lst. With the scrog another advantage is support of bud sites, atleast with true scrog. You have some tall plants with nice long branches so LST would probably be very usefull. My plant went 47 days of veg and only reached 8'' of total height. Topped on 2 occasions for 4 main colas and some lollipopping was also used. This also included removing complete nodes. Haha I just rambled a whole lot and got no where. Lol as I look at your plants in my inexperienced opinion I would use supercropping. Lower the overall height even the canopy a bit and still not lose the size. Youtube it your plants look like primo examples of a plant to use it with.

Ah here you are. I bumped into you on Phantomgrow's scrog journal the other day when you were asking whether you could still scrog at this height. To which I say yes, for sure. Looks like you'll have to do something anyway, with the two taller plants especially. Interested to see what you come up with.

8644.jpg
- group led new home
7746.jpg
- black berry / atf stem
6909.jpg
- ATF
41296.jpg
- black berry
51026.jpg
- ATF
31671.jpg
- Black Berry
21907.jpg
- LemonSour STEM
13830.jpg
- Black Berry

Just a small fyi.... Im sure you are fine with your clones they look like good clippings. But they hate the exposure to air. Idealy you would want to clip, and immediately either get them into direct water or into their resting place. The exposure to air is just a no go as far as clones go. Good luck on em!!!

Most def brotha, those were just snippings. I just was a bit lazy to get natural light photo... It's a pain these plants want to countiue to grow any place possible... So these low shooters had to go lol

Why are you looking for alternate ways of growing them? Just curious
they look outstanding

Not necessarily growing any differently,
altering the way I'm going to scrog/trilse.
My larger plants are pretty much 30"L x 26"W NLB
While the LS is 38"Length x 34"W

None of the plants ever had stress applied to their stems, so I'm pretty much making my own net, or conventional bamboo or gardening stakes

Back
Top Bottom