The Hash Club

I love hash, as a kid in Montreal during the late 60s early 70s,my favorite was Red Leb.......
But eventually only a dense Black hash was available which gave a lot of us an uncomfortable stone and I stopped smoking until 2008 after moving to France........Now I make my own : shake and bubble
I use the same black 120 bag for both. The shake 99% of the time has a green tint to it ...GREAT SMELL....soft, sticky and strong but green tint.The bubble I do is never green and always a dark blonde,which I love but BUT there is NO SMELL..........
The secret might be 'beating' the herb rather than using an electric mixer. I have watched a few videos of hash making in Morocco and they lay the herbs over a screen , cover with plastic and then beat it with a stick. Perhaps this is less damaging to the leaf material not breaking it up too much which would keep it out of the collected trichomes ? Any other ideas out there? Anyone else making hash?

Picked up two blondes last night ;)

25g of each, one is bland and mediocre, the other is quite nice. 5,4 EUR / 6,3 USD, tried many more expensive ones and the past 4 years none of them was better, some actually way worse even with a 50% price bump, guess the dealers couldn't tell apart shit from gold if their lives were at stake :laugh:

Fed up with all that's remotely dark here is almost always mixed with veg oil or cured in sodapop or whatever, don't tell me that any type of hash is all soft and plyable at around freezing temperature, fecking criminals ruining our beloved herb....

DSC021006.JPG

The good one pulled apart​

DSC021039.JPG

DSC0210311.jpg

Nice hash, man. It's kinda normal that dealers can't tell shit from gold. They are mostly in it for the dough.

I just tried making my first bit of hash from the trim off my first grow. I dry screened it but the screen wasnt that fine so got a bit of plant in there but ended up with just over 1g. I wont post the result on here as I dont want to pollute the tasty looking hash pics in this thread :)

Because Im only gonna grow 1 plant at a time i dont think im ever gonna get that much trim so I was wondering if you could use ABV to bulk the trim? I understand it would reduce the potency but would it have any other adverse effects? I wondering if the taste would be horrible?

If you plan on using vaped herb, then try doing a seperate run on that alone so you'll know how it is before mixing it with what you know is good on it's own - taste the sauce before you pour it over your steak ;)
I'm thinking it might be harder to extract semi-melted trichs from the green, but that's just thinking and I have no idea if it works.

I usually throw away vaped herb after the first round, I know people who vape on it twice or even three times and finally use it as a meat-extender in spliffs with hash or ganja.
I don't like those spliff, it is however a step up to mixing with tobacco which is the standard way here to such an extent that many people believe weed can't burn on its own... I'll show them ;) 50/50 hash and ganja is the Way to go :tokin:

"talkin' 'bout Red Lebanese" - Humble Pie

I found this in a local dispensary a couple of months ago. A soft & very nice smelling Red Lebanese hash. Unfortunately, this crumb is all I have left. It is VG but not quite up to the caliber of the Mazar. A rarity though.

red29.jpg

I fear that with recreational legalization, the original old school hash will disappear as demand shifts to locally-made concentrates. While they are technically superior, the romantic in me will pine wistfully for a brick that was made in some mountain village . . .
Bringing back memories there Ian.......I can almost smell it.

I want to make hash where does one start ?
Kiefs as simple as final trimming your bud on a 150 micron screen instead of just on a table. That'll allow you collect your first keif, but most of this I believe is harvested from popcorn trim using the dry ice or bubble hash method King..... you'd need a set of various bags from your hydro store to start. Really the extraction methods differ, but it's the same as blasting shatter......trying to recover 100% of the high quality THC laden trichomes as possible. Most of this water is allowed to evaporate off, vs shatter which uses heat and a back purge.

Correct me if Im wrong guys......I'm loving the learning curve!!

Kingjoe you can make dry sift as well, only takes one screen and it's very straightforward, you don't get 100% extraction, but you can use the shaken material for infused oils, edibles or chai ;)

I advise against using Butane and ISO for extraction, you will end up with petroleum derivatives in you final product... Yuck!

Kingjoe you can make dry sift as well, only takes one screen and it's very straightforward, you don't get 100% extraction, but you can use the shaken material for infused oils, edibles or chai ;)

I advise against using Butane and ISO for extraction, you will end up with petroleum derivatives in you final product... Yuck!
I'd agree, but the back purge for 5 days removes all but a very tiny amount of butane. Plus it's food grade butane, not like the shit you inhale when you spark a BIC lighter. Plus you get more of a dose of butane from lighting your concentrate than you do from smoking it......OK... if you made her concentrates correctly.!

That being said......Im totally down with trying this for my 1st time too. I've got the bags, just need the shake (more of it anyway), lol.

So the hash you guys have got pictured. I get the hand scraped method, I get the drysift method and I get the bubble hash method...... none of those seem to have created that beautiful brown or blonde you guys are talking about. At what is the method used to create that? Or is it the same method, just more pressure on the raw plant material?

So the hash you guys have got pictured. I get the hand scraped method, I get the drysift method and I get the bubble hash method...... none of those seem to have created that beautiful brown or blonde you guys are talking about. At what is the method used to create that? Or is it the same method, just more pressure on the raw plant material?

Good question bro .

Back
Top Bottom