The Journey Of Lemon & Berry!

Indie Grower

Namaste All!

I hope everyone reading this journal is doing well and keeping healthy.

19 months after my first successful closet grow, I came face to face with the passion I had for my first project, thanks to this community and my mentors @Emilya and others.

So I am back with my second grow, and this time I am growing 2 babies together under 100 watts LED bulbs.

1. Lemon Kush Automatic
2. Blueberry Haze Automatic

Lost my third, Purple Haze Auto, to my lack of experience, reason still unknown though.

Started this project on August 2nd with Lemon and Purple's successful germination (1/4 taproot) on paper towel, moved to DIY soil mix (Coco - 50%, Perlite - 10%, Neem Cake Powder - 10%, Vermicompost - 25% and Organic Bone Meal powder - 5%).

2 Days later, on August 5th, Lemon broke the soil and greeted the world, while Purple stayed in for 7 days till I pulled it out, it looked dead with no visible growth on the taproot since I transferred it to soil. Both were germinated using same everything and still Purple chose to die or I killed her.

On August 10th, I decided to pop open my last Blueberry Haze auto seed and followed everything right till it developed a healthy taproot and went into the soil mix on August 12th. Berry is resting under the soil since and now I am worried about her, like I was for Purple.

Let me know if I should dig in to find if the seed is doing fine and a possible reason why Purple died after successfull germination. FYI they're running on 24-0 light (hanging 18 inches away) schedule with little watering (rain water) and misting every other day. Lemon is out facing the light while Berry is under a dome.

Final thing, Lemon is showing the signs of a healthy plant but it is growing extremely slow. Even after 11 days, out of the soil, Lemon has reached it's 2nd node with very small leaves on both nodes, leaving me worried if everything is okay with her. FYI, Lemon has almost no space between both the nodes, is it because of the light? Should I allow it to strech a little?

I know I have many questions but I am very positive that my mentors here and the fellow growers will help me save "Berry" and get "Lemon" healthy and accelerating.

Attaching some pictures for your guidance.

Lemon -

IMG_20200816_123926__01.jpg

IMG_20200816_123652__01.jpg

IMG_20200816_123638__01.jpg

IMG_20200816_123633__01.jpg

Berry - Still living under the soil and a dome

IMG_20200816_123658.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about coco but I would say your DIY mix is not agreeing with the plants possibly causing the slow growth and maybe even the no show, I also don't know how why this would happen but my only suggestion maybe try a store bought media and see if it works better

I don't know anything about coco but I would say your DIY mix is not agreeing with the plants possibly causing the slow growth and maybe even the no show, I also don't know how why this would happen but my only suggestion maybe try a store bought media and see if it works better

I think the same but I prepared the mix using instructions of a mentor. I am keeping my hopes up for Berry and Lemon, if the problem persists, I will think of transferring it to neutral coco

I would suggest transferring to promix hp if you can find it, it has been refereed to as identical to coco but holds more water and everyone loves it. I make this suggestion as it is my fav so far and it is only because for me it is cheapest and local

I would suggest transferring to promix hp if you can find it, it has been refereed to as identical to coco but holds more water and everyone loves it. I make this suggestion as it is my fav so far and it is only because for me it is cheapest and local
I wish I could buy this product, just checked its specs and it will indeed keep any plant happy. Unfortunately in my country, we have limited options when it comes to soil and mixes and DIY happened.

Still I managed to buy grade A products for these lovelies

I wish I could buy this product, just checked its specs and it will indeed keep any plant happy. Unfortunately in my country, we have limited options when it comes to soil and mixes and DIY happened.

Still I managed to buy grade A products for these lovelies
That is sad that this product is not readily available to you as it is me. I have never used coco and can not speak to it at all :passitleft:

Indeed it's sad! Even after 19 months, Amazon couldn't better their product range in India. Hopefully soon! :ganjamon:
Well if possible tell us or me a few store bought options you have and I will try find the make up of it and tell you how far off it is from mine and which may be best in my opinion.

I am just watching to see what happens. That DIY mix has me scared... it certainly isnt soil and cant be run as if it were.. my watering methods will not work in this creation, you need to run this as if it were a hydro grow I am afraid.

It is certainly not soil but a mix of coco, perlite, compost, neem cake powder and bone meal. Coco was balanced at 6.7 before I mixed other components. I am hoping Berry to come out soon and say hello

Hi
Welcome back
Nice to see you are exploring. Unfortunately I have no experience in this way of growing.
Let me see if @InTheShed has any pointers

Thanks so much and I am super excited to have them. And yes any guidance given here will go a long way with me. I am stuck inside my home due to COVID and I have all the time to make corrections and improve my game.

Namaste!

Day 17th for Lemon and 5th for Berry.

Slowly but surely Lemon is showing growth, nodes are tightly packed, should I do something about it?

Berry is still a concern as she's taking too much time to sprout. Should I move her out, under the sun, for more light? Many growers have suggested this on various forums.

What could be the reason here? This DIY mix, watering/misting problem, pH of the soil, light or anything else?

:peace:

Namaste!

Day 21st for Lemon and Final day for Berry!

After a long wait, my curiosity compelled me to check on Berry and I found her dead under the soil with little rotten cotyledon leaves stuck inside her shell.

For Lemon, she's growing extremely slow with very small leaves, about 2 inches tall and growing her third node. All her nodes are placed on each other with no gap in between. It is an autoflower and should enter flowering any day between 30-60 days, which leaves very less for veg.

IMG_20200822_154629__01.jpg
IMG_20200822_154648.jpg

IMG_20200822_154638.jpg

I also spotted some ant flies around the plant and have placed a fly trap to control their growth. I am feeding her very little water every week and I mist her daily.

Looking at her growth speed, when should I start feeding nutrients? I really want this plant to thrive.

Thanks

PEACE

Namaste!

Day 25th

The days are difficult for this plant as its growth is badly stunted and not recovering at all. I have read various forums to check what's wrong with her and I conclude that she's sitting in imbalanced pH and I have no clue how to transplant it to a new pot at this delicate stage or how to correct the pH of it's current abode.

I will really appreciate any suggestion here or any method to revive its growth back as her leaves are now curling down and it looks weak than before.

IMG_20200826_102147.jpg

IMG_20200826_102141.jpg

IMG_20200826_102133.jpg

Please!

Thanks

It is growing in
My only suggestion is to try different media next seeds I wish I had answers for this seedling

This seedling is growing in coco and perlite only with some compost and other dry nutrition.

Should I try transplanting it to other medium?

Back
Top Bottom