The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

I'm sure he does I'm not trying to say otherwise. Like anything else learning how to cultivate cannabis or any plant for that matter takes experience. We learn from our mistakes and get better and better results every round. When you first mixed your soil did you pre wet your spm before you mixed it?

No I didn't emmit, but I took that into consideration when mixing, and I believe I came close to the intended ratios. It's that there's so much else in there that we're attempting to lighten. What I've mixed here is a half-strength CC mix. Now we get to see how it stacks up.

That's a lot of soil.

Hahaha! Inside my crazy cannabis grower's mind this little voice said "With a bit more lights you could run more big pots." :rofl: That little voice never quiets, does it?

See my problem is if i made up that much soil i would probably end up planting one big mama directly in that container :rofl:

See my problem is if i made up that much soil i would probably end up planting one big mama directly in that container :rofl:

Funny you should mention that Feral, because that's all I can think of. :laughtwo: Toss a Sativa into that 15 gallon I have. That's for the future though. First let me figure out how to make the small pots work. Once I've run a few cycles through I'll get back to big bushes again. As much fun as I'll have with the tiny pot perpetual one of these little things is never going to stand a chance for POTM :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue, gotta give you some respect for being strong enough deviate from the CC soil guide lines. As you said, we all suspect there is probably a sweet spot. Lets find it together!

This is one of those things that I love about this community. We have this valuable resource of each other and this drive to improve. Although I've had stunning results with the CC blend I've also noticed how difficult it is to get that head start I want going into the vegetative stage. It will be interesting to watch the two LOS pots work side-by-side.

Now that I have more time to focus (I still have to survive the minefield of agencies to secure my livelihood) I can begin to understand some basic botany concepts and all this will make more sense to me. My first grow was follow-the-dots set-up and then coast from there. I miss the innocence of that grow. *sigh*

That's ok. I'm a student by nature and a teacher by training. This is more fun than exasperating.

Morning,Sue! Thought I'd stop by and say hello. You have so much info here! Beautiful setup too. :green_heart::blunt:

Welcome Magic. Once I get all the mess that follows death sorted out I'll be stopping to visit more. Loved your write up on the no-till. :love:

Late to the party, but I wanted to follow along for some of your great info on perpetual! Subbed in!

Welcome kpunx. Hey one more post and you can PM. :yahoo: Actually, this was something of a practice party, so the real party has yet to begin, but we're getting close.

I'm jonesing to get in the tent. Haha! I've been out at government offices and the bank all morning and I miss the girls. I completely forgot I'd need my own checking account now. Setting up all these accounts in my own name is a relief, but then the reality if why I'm here keeps smacking me. At the Social Security office I looked down at the lovely bracelets and roses he tattooed on my arms and suddenly realized I wasn't aware when we did those how much I'd appreciate them when he wasn't here any more. That sweet gentleman helping me was very understanding as I broke down sobbing.

I'm trying to let myself just grieve already. Maybe if I give it free reign we can reach a point where grief and I can live in peace.

image27850.jpg

Home at last. Mmmmmm it smells delicious in here.

Now for that buzz.

Your plants are starting to get to the best part, yay :) but I'm sorry for the emotional calls you've been having to make. I hope they're finished and today can be more relaxing and positive. The encouragement jar made me smile.

I'm sure your Brix plants will do stunning the next go around, I can't wait to see, but these HB plants will give you some nice smoke/baked buds anyways. Stay positive Sue! :love:

Daily Update: Perpetual Tent - Week 8

Absolutely no maintenance necessary in the tent today. Just some nice photos to enjoy. :blushsmile:

First up, Cheese Candy at Day 50 already. You start these grows and they seem to creep along and suddenly you're in the home stretch and things change so quickly.

image27852.jpg

See Susan, the trick is to train early and contain the plant into a controllable footprint. I hear you. :laughtwo:

But isn't she pretty anyhow? :cheesygrinsmiley:

image27853.jpg

image27854.jpg

image27855.jpg

image27856.jpg

image27857.jpg

Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia, Day 48. We have major pistil changing going on with the Kit Girls. Am I really that far off on my timing? I'm still over two weeks from the scheduled CAT drench, and I'm thinking that's too late. This 11/13 lighting is going to take some getting used to with small pots. Ziggy, are you watching? Any thoughts?

image27858.jpg

image27859.jpg

African Buzz, Day 49.

image27860.jpg

image27861.jpg

Auto Destroyer, Day 50. Mmmmmmm.

image27862.jpg

image27863.jpg

Environment holding steady.

image27864.jpg

One last peek before I give them their space.

image27865.jpg

I'm still getting used to my time being my own, still searching for my personal rhythm. I suppose I need to let that happen gently instead of forcing the issue, eh? I seem to have a hard time letting myself relax. :straightface: Those mini panic attacks over the past couple days threw me, but I may be getting better at responding to them. They blindside me, so no way to avoid or deflect them so I'm working on set distractions when one hits. If this approach works I'll share it somewhere. I'm hoping it does. I honestly didn't know you could cry this hard, and I'm ready to be past this stage.

I need to to drink more water. Tears take lots of moisture.

Its a beautiful day. I've had government employees go out of their way to make my transitions easier today and I couldn't have been more appreciative. This painful stage is nearly behind me. (I keep typing "us" and get hit with the shock that I've become a "me".) Turns out one should order those death certificates first thing, because everything waits for them. Good news: I will not be homeless and destitute. :cheesygrinsmiley: It can take 60 days to get it all worked out and money in the bank, but it's all retroactive and the landlord is understanding. I won't starve and everything gets paid between now and then. This was the part Dale was most concerned with, so I'm trying to do it well.

Time me to rally the forces for Joy and turn you all loose to change the world, one joyful moment at a time. Have a wonderful day everyone. Now, where's that pipe? I keep getting distracted. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

:Namaste:

No I didn't emmit, but I took that into consideration when mixing, and I believe I came close to the intended ratios. It's that there's so much else in there that we're attempting to lighten. What I've mixed here is a half-strength CC mix. Now we get to see how it stacks up.

That mix should do just fine.you only have one cycle with it? I've gotten 3 cycles out of my mix with no signs of deficiencies. I did find however that my soil compacted due to the fact I used primarily rice hulls to aerate. You should be more than happy with the results

Sue, your ability to be open about your grief and discuss it so publicly is impressive. I've experienced close to the heart loss in the past year as well, and like a typical guy have bottled it up to the point that it's surely unhealthy. I came to this forum to learn about growing medicine, but wasn't expecting to get genuine life inspiration, too. Thank you <3

concerned? why? :) how far along are you until CDs? is this the 11/13?

I wasn't planning on the CAT drenches for another 20 days, but these are accelerating faster than I thought, so obviously the timeframe needs bumped. At this point they've had two Transplant/tea drenches and on Monday they had their third Energy/tea. They look to my untrained eye to be ready to get the CAT drenches with the next watering. What say you?

Back
Top Bottom