The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

Those plastic saucers are like $5 ea. around here. <_<

At that price definitely go with the disposable trays!

Wish me luck guys. Today I suck it up and tackle the mountain of paperwork and phone calls that come with death in this country. I need to order death certificates and I don't even know what one needs them for. I hate the idea of ordering 10 when all I need is maybe 5! We had a joint checking account and NO outstanding accounts. That's almost unheard of in this country. We don't owe money to anyone.

I also don't have any income, until I work through this maze today. Probably should have done that last week. Hahaha! Ah well, I'm not broke by any means, but I will be particularly frugal this next month. :laughtwo:

It's good to be alive. I feel pretty good today.

image27740.jpg

I'm looking at this picture and thinking how sketchy and leggy everyone is. I suppose that could make one frustrated. I decided that what pleases me at this point is the fact that they are all not only alive, but doing their best to make me proud. In another couple weeks they're going to look much different.

. . . I hate the idea of ordering 10 when all I need is maybe 5! . . . :laughtwo:

I went through this with my dad about 3 years ago. I cannot remember specifically. 5 may be enough depending on the number of policys and/or government requirements. My dad had a lot of things to sort out, I think we got 10-15. (3-4 cars, 2 properties, amongst others policies.) I believe we even needed one or two of my mothers from 15 years earlier. He was a bit complicated.
. . . It ain't easy. But If I can do it anyone can. Just a bit o paper and time. I hardly even remember now.

: - )

I went through this with my dad about 3 years ago. I cannot remember specifically. 5 may be enough depending on the number of policys and/or government requirements. My dad had a lot of things to sort out, I think we got 10-15. (3-4 cars, 2 properties, amongst others policies.) I believe we even needed one or two of my mothers from 15 years earlier. He was a bit complicated.
. . . It ain't easy. But If I can do it anyone can. Just a bit o paper and time. I hardly even remember now.

: - )

Thanks kelticBlue. I think I need one for me, one for Social Security to apply for Survivor's Benefits, one for the VA for the same reason and one for the bank. I think play it safe and get 6. That's only $36, very doable.

My daughter just stopped in. Apparently, in the chaos of death and dying I neglected to pay the phone bill, so I'm looking at a whopping bill of around $450 this next month for the family plan (hmmm, need to cut his phone off - forgot that). Not my finest moment, but I know I can handle them. :straightface:

The phone calls are the worst. Having to go through the story over and over.... *sigh*. This was why it didn't get done last week. The VA is out of the way. Next up - Social Security. I need to pace this or it's going to get overwhelming. I already just want to lay down and cry for a minute.

Maybe that's not such a bad idea.

Tell them to visit 420. They can read the story for themselves.

Don't forget a death notice - just to cover all your bases.

Done crying. It's a good stress reliever, but then the nose is stuffed and you feel yucky. :straightface:

Bonus photos.

Just as the lights clicked off I remembered I hadn't lifted the oscillating fan off the floor, so I popped the tent open and pulled the plants out so I could reach around and do that.

Since they were looking so pretty and luscious I took pictures. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image27760.jpg

image27761.jpg

You're welcome. I like to see the natural color too, so I always feel bad when the entire update is under LEDs.

That Auto Destroyer...... YUM! Smells incredible. :slide:

Tell them to visit 420. They can read the story for themselves.

Don't forget a death notice - just to cover all your bases.

Forgot all about that Major. *groan*

Keep your strength up Sue!

I'm doing my best Cajun. I keep forgetting to eat. How does one forget to eat for goodness sake? Just stepped on the scale and I'm down another 8 pounds. I know I still have another 25 pounds to drop, but this wasn't my planned process. :straightface:

Think I'll walk down and have salad bar for dinner. Better yet, baked potato and coleslaw, slathered with butter and drowning in gravy. Comfort food.

Sounds like a plan.

mmmmmmm now ya made me hungry

No baked potatoes. Took me two seconds to go with salad bar. :laughtwo:

Daily Update:Perpetual Tent - Week 8

The HB Kit Girls all got a DeStress Foliar, just a bit lighter than previously because, as you will see in the photos below, I have way too many necrotic leaves than I am comfortable with. A shout out to Duggan! What am I doing wrong Duggs? My goal is beautiful leaves too. My previous plants had almost no necrotic leaves. Obviously, something is too powerful. Anyone with insight, please speak up.

Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia, Day 47. She's got a sweet smell of her own going. For that matter, everyone in the tent is doing her best to garner best fragrance. Auto Destroyer is winning, hands down. :laughtwo:

image27784.jpg

image27785.jpg

Those pesky necrotic leaves.

image27786.jpg

image27787.jpg

I tried to console myself that they were all on the bottom, but this one is about halfway up with brown leaf tips. Unacceptable. She doesn't have enough leaves at this point anyway, IMHO, so we really can't be losing any more.

image27788.jpg

Ahhh, Auto Destroyer, Day 49. This one bonded with me early on, before they had to endure the neglect dying brought, and she's beginning to speak to me again. :blushsmile: The smell.... Good grief, it's a heady experience.

image27789.jpg

image27790.jpg

She doesn't have as much leaf damage, and I'd prefer it if this was the last we'll see.

image27791.jpg

image27792.jpg

African Buzz at Day 48. Not getting any taller and looking like a small yielder, but we'll hold on that determination, because they always look like that at this age. This is what I think of as their awkward stage LOL!

image27793.jpg

image27794.jpg

She's going to eventually lose at least two of the three more of these damaged leaves. This is frustrating as hell guys. So let's figure out how to make it stop and I'll be that much more alert with the next cycle.

image27795.jpg

image27796.jpg

Cheese Candy, at Day 49 as well, laughs at me now when I open the tent. Can't you see it? Geez, she's got the most stunning, healthy leaves. She's enjoying having more real estate in the tent. She's laughing at the rest of the plants too. She knows she's lucky enough to have more root space and she's flaunting it. Haha !

image27797.jpg

Starting to frost up. :slide:

image27798.jpg

image27799.jpg

Perky as she can be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image27800.jpg

Environment under control.

image27801.jpg

One last glance before closing it off for the day.

image27802.jpg

Maintenance notes:
- I pulled the 7 gallon LOS pot that was in limbo. I'll be tossing it into the reserve tote and lighten it up with enough perlite and ProMix HP to double the volume. I agree with PeeJay that it will be much easier to add more in should any deficiency become noticeable than it is to get out excess. Yes, I know, a complete realignment of my previous ideas on this soil mix. We're hoping to find the sweet spot we all suspect exists with this soil. As productive as it's been for me, there are concerns that must be addressed.

The working no-till will be maintained as always, with the only adjustment being that I will now germinate and let the plants grow about a week or so in a cup, then transplant into the final pot.

- The Kit Girls all got a DeStress foliar.

- The SWICKS were both topped off.

I think that's all the maintenance done today. Let me check......Yep, that's it.

I think I'll save fabricating a CFL array for germination and early veg for tomorrow. I've been on the phone all morning with one agency after another trying to get all those ducks in a row and it's a grueling and emotionally devastating process to go through that over and over again. Add that to the fact that I can't walk down the street without scores of well-wishers. I'm touched that so many care, but it leaves one feeling battered after the sixth or seventh time. I almost curled up to cry when I finally dragged myself up the 40 stairs to the safety of my home, but this post distracted me nicely and I'm ok now, albeit so tired I keep nodding off. Maybe a short nap when I wrap this up.

Definitely Callanetics after I get up. I need the stretch, but mostly I need to work the muscles. I keep collapsing into myself, the antithesis of a Callanetics stance, and my muscles are screaming in protest. A couple more regular sessions and all that will be behind me.

We have a bit of a rain reprieve and it's a picture perfect Burgh day. I hope this post finds you enjoying a lovely summer day in your corner of paradise. Let's see how much joy we can share today, so don't be shy, because Joy, like Love, increases as you pass it on. What a glorious thing, eh? :laughtwo: :green_heart:

:Namaste:

I really don't know much about HB plants but in every grow I've ran the bottom most leaves always start to yellow up between mid and late bloom. When I first started here on 420 I was told on numerous occasions that it meant a plant was done with them and have come to accept that because it still occurs in our grows even though a pay a lot more attention to detail now.
I use to clip them but now I let the plants tell me when to remove lower fan leaves or any that aren't obstructing light; if it doesn't fall off on it's own or with a gentle tug it's still feeding the plant.

Once again, this is my theory after absorbing, then evaluating other members opinions and putting what makes sense to me into practice on my grow. I would love to hear that it's not normal & what causes it.

Back
Top Bottom