The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

Not sure if this is the RH chart you were discussing. Just in case, here it is.

RH_chart1.jpg

Yep, that's the chart. !!

I understand the temp and humidity.

The numbers and color bands have no meaning to me.

I'd google search, bt I don't even know how to frame the question besides "Is this supposed to mean something (related to plants)?"

Unfortunately, when I copied it, the legend didn't come along. I believe it is:

Gold is good
White is OK.
Light blue is too low.
Darker blue is too high.

The numbers in the chart are the plants' "vapor pressure deficit" (the difference in vapor pressure within the plant leaves and that of the surrounding air). It supposedly tells how the plant actually "feels" based on temp and RH for the purpose of transpiration.

Unfortunately, when I copied it, the legend didn't come along. I believe it is:

Gold is good
White is OK.
Light blue is too low.
Darker blue is too high.

The numbers in the chart are the plants' "vapor pressure deficit" (the difference in vapor pressure within the plant leaves and that of the surrounding air). It supposedly tells how the plant actually "feels" based on temp and RH for the purpose of transpiration.

Major...that's excellent info...hope Doc sees it too. I was wonderin too, about the colours cuz i'm at 75 F and 65% RH in "the gold" that i now know is good...thanks bud. Havin my first beer today ...a Stella...tasty.:surf:
Oh and Major ...just cuz i can...you deserve some reps for all you give around here pal...cheers , good vibes are a commin!:high-five:

Daily Update: Perpetual Tent - Week 8

I took everyone out to realign things, mostly to hang the light closer to the center of the tent and add a shelf for the SWICK tray. While they were out and about we set up for some portraits. I have to say, they're petite, but super happy plants.

Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia, Day 45.

image27680.jpg

A closer look at frostiness because........ do we really need a reason? Just because we can. :laughtwo:

image27682.jpg

image27684.jpg

African Buzz at Day 46 and looking like a little sprite. Somewhere in my future I'm going to run this one again in a 15-20 gallon pot under 18/6, but that's off there in the distance. First I master this perpetual garden thing I'm so fascinated with.

image27685.jpg

image27686.jpg

My Auto Destroyer, at Day 47 has the most potent perfume. She overpowers both of the others. I'm trying to place the smell, but it makes me swoon a little when I get too close, it smells so good, so it's hard to pay attention. :slide:

image27687.jpg

image27688.jpg

Everyone's nestled under the Dorm Grow. I'm trying to find info on the Mars Hydro 100 x 3 as to safe distance, and then I think I'll move it over next to the Dorm Grow for a bit of auxiliary lighting. That's a chore for tiomorrow.

image27689.jpg

The HB Kit Girls are on risers, lifted off the perlite. I'm going to put them through another dry cycle before sitting them on the SWICK.

I think it looks good in there. I'm happy with the job.

Environmental conditions holding steady. Duggan, I can't thank you enough for recommending this fan and filter. They make all the difference and give me incredible peace of mind about the grow. :high-five:

image27690.jpg

Maintenance notes:
- The LOS no-tills got reservoirs filled and today was the enzyme treatment: powdered malted barley grain dusted over the surface and watered in with a light dilution of Kelp meal, Agsil and FulPower.
- The Kit Girls, of course, got their Growth Energy/Tea drench this morning.

The day is well under way, and I hope you've all found your joyful groove. I'm tired today from staying up all night like I was still a coed. Hahaha! Had a great time though, so no regrets. It's been since college that I had the freedom to stay up all night. Well, Dale and I pulled a few way, way back, but hey - we had a license. :laughtwo: Oh guys, life has left me with some sweet memories. :battingeyelashes:

Have a wonderful rest of your day. I'm going to make another pot now. Thanks for the compliment BAR. :thanks: I thought it turned out very nice. Just the right size for my needs. Now to get the next five done quickly so they can be planted for the next cycle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Sweetsue...ya i knew you'de like that fan,filter combo. It really is an awesome pair...perfectly matched for use with speed controller set at 70-75% max. If you keep changing the pre-filter on her she will last alot longer than spec. specs say max. 18 months....don't believe it Sue....just keep the pre-filter nice and new. Cheers and i'm still itchin for that 600!!!! LMAO...

Major...that's excellent info...hope Doc sees it too.

Knowing Doc, he either:
1) has the chart memorized
2) will be able to explain to us why it is completely wrong :thedoubletake:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks man!!

Sweetsue...ya i knew you'de like that fan,filter combo. It really is an awesome pair...perfectly matched for use with speed controller set at 70-75% max. If you keep changing the pre-filter on her she will last alot longer than spec. specs say max. 18 months....don't believe it Sue....just keep the pre-filter nice and new. Cheers and i'm still itchin for that 600!!!! LMAO...

And I'm still pausing before I walk into your room and see it clear as day. I can already feel the sense of wonder you'll have when it's hanging there.

What are you going to do when this works Duggan? Not that I can make guarantees, mind you, but your chances just got better. :battingeyelashes:

hi sue wazzzzzzzzzzz uppppppppp I am back

And then there were two. Four more to go for this cycle.

image27708.jpg

This is so therapeutic. The meditative quality of one stitch following another has calmed me. The sense of accomplishment following so much frustration is a balm for my soul.

Only 16 more to go. :laughtwo: I wonder if the last five will feel as therapeutic? Will they just feel like my fingers are bleeding by then? I think by that time I may be questioning my sanity. Hahaha!

Coffee and a few moments of relaxation and mind expansion. ;)

Music to soothe the soul. I found myself wondering if the music playing constantly in my ear these days is an escape. I think it's just the first time in my life that I could indulge my love of music so completely. Naturally I'm going to go overboard. I mean, look who we're talking about. :laughing2:

Where's that pipe? Ahhh, there it is.

I had one hell of a good laugh when I read that. :rofl:

Nice job on the sewing project. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found sewing to be a meditatively comforting time.

:circle-of-love:

I'm glad it brought you joy Canna. It makes me laugh every time I read it! Hahaha! Truth be told, I didn't lurk quietly for very long. :laughtwo:

Been Getting up and playing catch up on all your blogs, Journals etc.. First ... Condolences .. second ... my day is always a bit better from reading your post ... Love your attitude...

Sorry I missed this Digital. Thank you for that lovely compliment and for the condolences. My hope in posting is to spread joy, so it's nice to know I'm reaching those goals. I hope you're finding your way through our virtual community with ease. Stick around. It's going to get much more exciting from a growing perspective. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Having a bit of a meltdown here. I turned and spotted Dale's favorite shirt and lost it completely. These ouch! moments - I don't like them. At least this one wasn't panicky. I can't do panicky at all.

It was going so well.

Better now. I know it's part of the process, but I still don't like them at all. :straightface:

Hi Sue! :love: My advice for growing with a dry cycle is - fear not. Cannabis can survive (and actually thrive) in some very dry places. I heard earlier in this journal that with HB, a dry cycle is necessary... so don't be afraid to let it dry out pretty good. I've heard from some growers (some greenhouse seed company grow session videos spring to mind) that excessively drying certain strains out for 4-5 days in the 4th-5th weeks can actually force quicker maturation, more trichs and better flavor. Then they flood the soil with water and revitalize the plant. I don't know exactly how this dry cycle causes such a significant difference in their observations, I'd have to go back over those videos.

I know this goes against your LOS roots (and mine) to dry out the soil, but it wont do too much harm. You'll probably astonish yourself in time just how dry a cannabis plant can get and still be happy. While what we're told with LOS is true (that fungi, esp. mycos, will die off in times of drought) - I'm assuming that the chemistry going into a HB kit doesn't depend as heavily on those fungal chains. There's probably more abundant quicker-uptake nutrients that roots don't need any assistance in absorbing. That's just my 2 cents.

And temps and RH I've had all over the board. Worst cold damage I ever had was 40 degrees overnight for several nights in a row and I ended up with good buds, my outdoor plants deal with 100+ degree weather regularly in July/August. Indoors I've had humidity reach 90 during flowering, and still didn't get any mold indoors, and have never had any issues with low humidity (~10%). The issue for me was that those RH/temp conditions weakened/stressed my plants enough for pests to move in like mealybugs and mites, and ants recently, and between all that, it became a serious concern.... but somehow I always end up with buds. I used to obsess, like OMG! If I don't get everything perfect the world will recede into oblivion! IT'S CHAOS!! but - I learned weed has a will for survival. They really can behave like weeds.

Sorry to hear of the cheese candy SC, but it looks like its doing just fine.

It's good that you're taking everything in stride and staying true to yourself, rain-walks to McD's and all. :Namaste: :laughtwo: :hug:

My notifications must not work properly ( I didn't get any notifications today) and three more pages in your journal. Your ladies are lookin good sue. Don't feel bad I only have 3 plants in veg right now which is a lot of wasted space in a 4x4 tent. My buddy just brought me seven more clones yesterday so I'll be filling the tent up pretty shortly. If you want there is info on how far to hang LEDs on the bas website.( distance for seedling veg and flower)

My notifications must not work properly ( I didn't get any notifications today) and three more pages in your journal. Your ladies are lookin good sue. Don't feel bad I only have 3 plants in veg right now which is a lot of wasted space in a 4x4 tent. My buddy just brought me seven more clones yesterday so I'll be filling the tent up pretty shortly. If you want there is info on how far to hang LEDs on the bas website.( distance for seedling veg and flower)

Thank you emmitt. I'll check that out. I did get some info on the distance for this one and will be moving it tomorrow morning.

Good to hear about your grow expansion. They should keep you busy. :blushsmile:

Thank you emmitt. I'll check that out. I did get some info on the distance for this one and will be moving it tomorrow morning.

Good to hear about your grow expansion. They should keep you busy. :blushsmile:
What led are you using? I'm going to get one after this round is done which will be delayed now that I have more cuts to veg

Back
Top Bottom