The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

Does this help SweetSue?

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies4.jpg

The trouble is there are so many deficiencies causing yellowing so it will be hard to figure out the problem :(

Thanks MedFarmer. It's always nice to have that chart show up in a journal. Looking at them, they don't look deficient, but necrotic and burned. It rankles my LOS Gardner's brain. They're in week 8, and I'm figuring on another month with them, although some are bound to finish earlier. My biggest concern here is I won't get the CAT drenches in on a decent schedule due to the accelerated life cycle triggered by the lighting. Dealing with death made me miss something critical here I'm afraid. I guess we'll need to ride it out and hope for the best.

These little plants never got the decent head start they deserved. They would have been bushier and tighter under optimal conditions. That's ok though, because being with Dale was the only acceptable choice and they're going to be nice to me come harvest regardless. You should smell them! :laughtwo:

You made the best of a sad situation and all will come good for you as that's how Karma works. We all seek perfection but at least you recognise this will not be your turn, but your turn will come.

In all honesty SweetSue, if I was in your situation I would not have any plants at all and respect your ability to overcome a giant hurdle and keep gardening.

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

That was very sweet MedFarmer. Thank you. :love:

I have to share. I called AT&T to make arrangements to get the phone bill paid in a way that doesn't mean I have no money for food (always a good thing) and when the associate and I finalized arrangements she then asked my permission to place my name in the "Encouragement Jar" that she keeps on her desk. She drops in the names of customers dealing with a life crisis and then offers encouraging words over the jar every morning before beginning and periodically throughout the day.

This woman has figured out how to spread some serious joy. :bravo:

Of course I allowed her to include my name. I felt honored to be a part of her joyful outreach. She knows I'm sharing this here. Well, not "here" in that I told her about my journal on 420 Magazine but "here" as in the pages of my online journal that encourages the spreading of joy. :cheesygrinsmiley: She doesn't need to know we augment that joy with superior home-grown cannabis. :laughtwo: We're supposed to be stealthy.

Check's off for the death certificates. I believe I've contacted all of the programs and agencies I need to, and tomorrow I get my butt bright and early to the local Social Security office to file for those survivor's benefits so I can continue to have a home. Those endless phone calls were brutal, but they're over now, for the most part. Every one of those calls caused an emotional cascade. I feel just a little bruised around the edges.

I just remembered that buried under that mountain of paperwork associated with those grueling calls is my pipe and stash. It's 4:20PM and I just took my first hit of the day. Can you believe the timing? :drool:

First hit and I realized why I'd waited so long. I'd forgotten about those six teeny hits this morning, and I'm still a little buzzed. I was so stressed by the phone calls that I wasn't feeling it. Unbelievable. One more hit and that vibration has kicked in. I can't wait to try this strain with the kit. Maybe I should put it in a 7 gallon under the Dorm Grow next to the no-till. Wow! That vibratory effect is way cool! Haha!

Third hit, the hands are a little shaky and this took longer to type than it should have. :laughtwo: Let me sit back and enjoy another. Be back soon.

I wish I could offer some help but there are variables combined I've not seen before in HB grows (maybe Ziggy - I can't keep track). :thedoubletake:
I think the most likely problem is incorrect amounts of the HB products for the size of the pots and plants. Either that or root problems for some reason.
What are your concentrations when you mix up drenches and foliars?
Like others have said, some yellow fans are normal. I just don't know what "normal" is for an auto under 11/13.

Sue when did you apply the foliar spray? At lights out? At the beginning of your girls day? They may be burned slightly by the foliar. All in all your girls look happy and healthy I wouldn't be to worried about them. They are getting plenty of love and it shows

I really don't know much about HB plants but in every grow I've ran the bottom most leaves always start to yellow up between mid and late bloom. When I first started here on 420 I was told on numerous occasions that it meant a plant was done with them and have come to accept that because it still occurs in our grows even though a pay a lot more attention to detail now.
I use to clip them but now I let the plants tell me when to remove lower fan leaves or any that aren't obstructing light; if it doesn't fall off on it's own or with a gentle tug it's still feeding the plant.
So Pita, this doesn't occur in late bloom using the HB's kit? interesting.

Oh, and by the way Sue. We're getting a tighter window on those temps. :thanks:

IMG_00014907.jpg

So Pita, this doesn't occur in late bloom using the HB's kit? interesting.

I think Ziggy would best able to answer that. I'm still too new to "the kit" and he's the only other grow I've seen using small pots and a SWICK with HB. Many HB plants do get yellow fans in late bloom. What throws me is the number of leaves on these plants. Since they are small, if you lose several fans, you don't have much left. Maybe "buds only" is what an auto is supposed to be at this point (?).

Interesting observation Major. I'll see if I can track down Ziggy. I had hoped someone who actually understood this kit would have chimed in by now. :straightface: I'm going to wing it then. Lighten up the applications. It seems the most logical explanation. Something burned them and the last thing they got was the Growth Energy/Tea drench. Now that I have my soil remixed I can jump back into my updates and see when this started.

This is one of the values of taking pictures every day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's what's up with your plants Sue:

1. SWICK did not allow roots to fully develop. We already covered that ground and there was nothing to be done at the time.
2. Plants were under a weak light, compared to the LOS plant which was under the much more powerful LED. Because of the weak lighting and the inverse square rule, the lower leaves aren't photosynthesizing and so they get resorbed.
3. Nitrogen deficiency due to roots not being fully developed. Growth Energy will solve that.

Please cut back your DeSTress spraying to 1/2 oz per quart.
Give them a drench as thus:

1 oz Transplant + 5 mils Tea per gallon of water.

Please give them some light!

Here you go PeeJay. I doubled the volume, using 70% ProMix HP and 30% perlite. It's been thoroughly mixed and hydrated. It's a nice consistency, significantly lighter than before but still more dense than the kit soil mix.

image27804.jpg

That's a lot of soil.

Hahaha! Inside my crazy cannabis grower's mind this little voice said "With a bit more lights you could run more big pots." :rofl: That little voice never quiets, does it?

That deserves a buzz. ;)

Nice update SweetSue. Sorry I can't help with the leaves as only just started organic myself.

A very hot day in England today with mid 20s Centigrade(77F) but too hot for us who are not used to it.

I pass on the JOY to anyone who's reading. Hope your day is/was a good one :circle-of-love:

That sounds like paradise. Let me guess, overcast?

If you came to the East Coast now the humidity would probably blast you so hard you'd refuse to get off the plane.

Here you go PeeJay. I doubled the volume, using 70% ProMix HP and 30% perlite. It's been thoroughly mixed and hydrated. It's a nice consistency, significantly lighter than before but still more dense than the kit soil mix.

image27804.jpg

That's a lot of soil.

Hahaha! Inside my crazy cannabis grower's mind this little voice said "With a bit more lights you could run more big pots." :rofl: That little voice never quiets, does it?

Generally when mixing homemade soil you want 1/3 spm 1/3 quality compost or ewc and 1/3 aeration( pro mix perlite lava rock pumice etc

Generally when mixing homemade soil you want 1/3 spm 1/3 quality compost or ewc and 1/3 aeration( pro mix perlite lava rock pumice etc

That's exactly where this soil mix began emmit. PeeJay and I determined I have too much of everything else in there. We're banking that this adjustment brings the soil into a ratio that should better facilitate growing cannabis. Since I still have a pot of the original mix operating in the tent we can judge how much more effective this modification is.

I trust PeeJay. The man knows his soil.

That's exactly where this soil mix began emmit. PeeJay and I determined I have too much of everything else in there. We're banking that this adjustment brings the soil into a ratio that should better facilitate growing cannabis. Since I still have a pot of the original mix operating in the tent we can judge how much more effective this modification is.

I trust PeeJay. The man knows his soil.

I'm sure he does I'm not trying to say otherwise. Like anything else learning how to cultivate cannabis or any plant for that matter takes experience. We learn from our mistakes and get better and better results every round. When you first mixed your soil did you pre wet your spm before you mixed it?

ok i got a noob question in my thinking if I have 2 160 cfm fans doing out take then that equals 320 cfm. Is That Correct???:slide:

ok i got a noob question in my thinking if I have 2 160 cfm fans doing out take then that equals 320 cfm. Is That Correct???:slide:

If one feeds into the other, or one sucks in while the other pushes out (in series) then no , you still have 160.
If they both push air alongside each other, then mathematically, yes you have 320 CFM.

However, almost every duct fan rated under 200 CFM is a lying fake. Bathroom fans, range hoods, small duct fans rated under 200 CFM tend to use fan blades and tend to move a tiny fraction of the claimed air. Circulating fan blades (open cages of wire) tend to move their rated amount of air.

Can-fan, Vortex and other high rated fans of a squirrel cage type design are usually what actually move 300+ CFM.

Back
Top Bottom