The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Crop can be used with any substrate. Some use soil, others are growing soil less. I'm growing in coco/perlite using a drain-to-waste system. Go with what you know, someone here is probably using the same method.
n for me it’s working really well better then expected

It’s like I blink n they liked doubled in size really impressed for lil ole 20 days old clones day one to now
0495828B-710A-459A-8FD1-35FF832B728C.jpeg

Yup haven’t had a hiccup so far that’s y I ran both coco n pro mix to c witch thrives better with out issues so far so good loving the flush evrey water type of thing n my back is thanking me lol
Ok, which one is better?

Well to me haven’t made it to harvest but my clones in coco from the start had done way better then pro mix but now they def catching up now will b back harvest n really give my opinion but next run I’m goin with the rest coco just works better for my system

Sorry, thought you were further along. You're about to have one nice looking room!
Thanks man 1st day of flower I’m def ready to c some buds under the ts 3000

I’m with u on this note ten bottles was killing my brain love mc one scoop n a bit ph down N I’m rolling but I’m surprised after I mix my nutes I don’t have to bring my ph much down to b on point

Agreed!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that all the bottles gives more flexibility and you can custom tune this and that, blah blah blah. That is true, and it comes at a heavy price.

Unless you're super versed in exact nutrient numbers for every single phase of a grow, and know exactly what ratios of this and that are needed (and manufacturers feed charts aren't going to cut it) then what gain you can get with doing it really isn't worth the cost/effort of it all.

MC isn't 100% stand alone, but it's the closest thing out there that is. Sometimes a little calmag is needed, sometimes not. Some like to use a little more silica, etc. However, as many have shown in this very thread, it's quite possible to get all the way through, and with excellent results, with nothing but MC on its own.

That's why I've got on board, and that's why so many others are too.

On top of the results and simplicity of it all, there's the added bonus of it being very cost effective to use, too!

Agreed!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that all the bottles gives more flexibility and you can custom tune this and that, blah blah blah. That is true, and it comes at a heavy price.

Unless you're super versed in exact nutrient numbers for every single phase of a grow, and know exactly what ratios of this and that are needed (and manufacturers feed charts aren't going to cut it) then what gain you can get with doing it really isn't worth the cost/effort of it all.

MC isn't 100% stand alone, but it's the closest thing out there that is. Sometimes a little calmag is needed, sometimes not. Some like to use a little more silica, etc. However, as many have shown in this very thread, it's quite possible to get all the way through, and with excellent results, with nothing but MC on its own.

That's why I've got on board, and that's why so many others are too.

On top of the results and simplicity of it all, there's the added bonus of it being very cost effective to use, too!
I’m with u all way
Even if I have to use a bit of calmag or not I still call that a win bye far !!!!!!

So what medium would you all suggest using if you were to do an MC grow on your next grow? I went water only organic soil in 5gal pots on this past grow, and the cost to buy new soil to start again in a week or two is just so high!

I'm a peat based soil-less mix guy. Either Pro-Mix or my Faux-Mix ™ (see link in my signature) is my preferred medium. Pro-Mix is easy, just open the bale and fill pots. Faux-Mix™ requires a bit if labor but saves you money. Same results with either. I still think it's about the easiest method to grow in. It buffers like soil so pH is less of a worry.

My flush was only 440ppm for the first runoff. Maybe I'm underfeeding with MC?

As long as the plants are nice and green, have good growth, with no deficiencies, don't let someone else's numbers influence you. I just posted some of my findings as a reference. At least if you're at 440ppm you shouldn't have to worry about build up.

I'm a peat based soil-less mix guy. Either Pro-Mix or my Faux-Mix ™ (see link in my signature) is my preferred medium. Pro-Mix is easy, just open the bale and fill pots. Faux-Mix™ requires a bit if labor but saves you money. Same results with either. I still think it's about the easiest method to grow in. It buffers like soil so pH is less of a worry.

As long as the plants are nice and green, have good growth, with no deficiencies, don't let someone else's numbers influence you. I just posted some of my findings as a reference. At least if you're at 440ppm you shouldn't have to worry about build up.

My plants don't look great, yellow spotting on lower leaves that looked like the examples of cal mag deficiency pictures I searched. Upper leaves light green. will try upping MC. PPM recommendation?
Also giving one plant cal mag foliar feeding to compare.

I'm doing a small 2X2 with clones from outdoor plants, trying to get feminized seeds with CS.

Thanks

My plants don't look great, yellow spotting on lower leaves that looked like the examples of cal mag deficiency pictures I searched. Upper leaves light green. will try upping MC. PPM recommendation?

I'm doing a small 2X2 with clones from outdoor plants, trying to get feminized seeds with CS.

Thanks
Any PPM recommendation is useless, without knowing what the base of the water you use is. What are you feeding them now, in gm/gal or gm/l?

5ml/G
Base ppm 43

Looking on their website, Greanleaf nutrients is recommending 555 - 625 plus your base, so 598-668 in veg to late veg for your water. This corresponds to 4 - 4.5gm/gal. Mega Crop is heavier than water, so 5ml (1 tsp) per gallon is too much.

I use weight rather than TDS(PPM)/EC and my plants at 65 days after germination are liking 6gm/gal. I fed 2gm/gal as seedlings, then three days of 3gm/gal, and three weeks at 4gm/gal. One week at 5gm/gal, was used before going up to 6gm/gal. I'm in coco/perlite under LEDs, so my numbers are higher due to the increased need for calcium.

Thanks

Your base water is of good quality if its only 43ppm. In full veg (anything over 20 days of age) you should probably be feeding 5g of Mega Crop. As you transition to Bloom, 6mg. Per my meter, Mega Crop should be about 150ppm per gram. So with your water you should be around 800ppm for 5g and 950ppm for 6mg. If you are measusing by volume instead of weight, Mega should weigh about 8g per tsp. So 5/8 tsp = roughly 5g +or- 1g, and 3/4 tsp is roughly 6g, +or- .1g.

Don't go by PPM, go by one of the following charts, depending on if you are gallons or liters.

grams per 1 US gallon:

grams-per-gallon.png

grams per 1 liter:

grams-per-liter.png

multiply the number by the number of gallons/liters you need.

Don't go by PPM, go by one of the following charts, depending on if you are gallons or liters.

What Multi said plus expanding...Mega Crop has a good calculator and doesn't BS like other manufacturers where you need to cut the "recommend" dose in half. Feed by g per gallon (or liter if you're metric based). The ppm's I referenced are just for educational purposes or those interested. Use their calculator then read the plant. A little yellow or seeing deficiencies, up the dose .5g. Darker green or tip burn, drop down .5g or verify you don't have build up in your media. The learning curve is sharp. It doesn't take hardly any time to catch on to reading your plant and making any needed changes. Their calculator is probably gonna work for 90% of the plants out their though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom